Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #16
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Dang... i don't remember the offseason being such a carousel like this. It hasn't been one week and it seems like everyone's snatched up already. I think the only way we're gonna get a post-up, shot-blocking guy is through sign and trade now. The only guy's who are being shopped for possible sign and trades are Chris Wilcox, Jamaal Magloire, Troy Murphy (he's a punk tho - he probably hasn't done anything but he just looks like a punk), Andrew Bynum (rumor is Phil has already given up on the kid), Malik Rose, Samuel Dalembert (Philly might give him up easier than you'd think), and Theo Ratliff (Aldridge in, Theo out?). The only guys I like are the first 2 and Dalembert, but we'd prob have to give up too much to get them. We should try this new team out, see if they stay healthy. If not, get something done before the deadline in Feb.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:43 AM   #17
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

Is Collins going to sign or what? I read the spurs were interested, any truth to this?
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:33 PM   #18
greglove777
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I swear if the Jazz trade Boozer for Wilcox and a shoot blocking presence I'll die a little inside. I don't think it will happen and I've actually been really pleased that the jazz haven't rushed into any trades for Boozer so far. With all rumors about how the Jazz want to get rid of him, they’re doing a good job of waiting for the right trade or not trading that at all. Of course by the time I write this Wilcox is probably putting on his new Jazz uniform. Ha
greglove777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #19
Pre777
I airball my layups

I would put about a 90% probability that the Jazz are done with moves this off season. The Jazz have not pulled off a significant trade since Hornacek/J. Malone.

The Jazz are a very loyal and stable organization. The media here is so grateful to have a major league sports team that they exert almost zero pressure on the organization to perform, unlike situations in NYC and LA.

The Jazz do not want to give up a guy with Boozer's upside. AK is untouchable, Okur has been a real trooper and Harpring is the heart and soul of the team. Brewer is untouchable at this point, though I can put a near guarantee that he will be out of town in a couple of years. (Did you see his face at the draft party? It looked like he just heard that he had 30 days to live.)

The Jazz's pawns are below average and any thoughts of trading Collins or Giricek are ridiculous. Araujo is not going anywhere outside of the rocky mountain revue. If scrubs like that go out, they will be replaced by different, whiter scrubs.
Pre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:18 PM   #20
hardfoul
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre777
........, they will be replaced by different, whiter scrubs.

Are you from northern Idaho or something? What's with all the racial sh!t?
hardfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:48 PM   #21
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

But is Collins going to sign. He's solid for the bench and would be a big loss.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #22
Summit42
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfoul

Does not matter where he is from, Its the truth. The Jazz have more white players in their starting line up then most team has on their entire roster... its just fact.

OH, and greg ostertag, gordon geireck, john crotty, and o'keefe are a
all scrubs... Rafael Araujo is the lastest to this list. I hope proves us all wrong but, the guy has no game. Give him a flat top and it would just be a yonger ostertag out there.
Summit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #23
hardfoul
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit42
Does not matter where he is from, Its the truth. The Jazz have more white players in their starting line up then most team has on their entire roster... its just fact.

OH, and greg ostertag, gordon geireck, john crotty, and o'keefe are a
all scrubs... Rafael Araujo is the lastest to this list. I hope proves us all wrong but, the guy has no game. Give him a flat top and it would just be a yonger ostertag out there.

Sounds like a lead SportsCenter story to me. Let's see the data.
hardfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #24
Pre777
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfoul

What does racism have to do with what I just said? Clean up your language and learn how to read.
Pre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: