Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #16
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
They got Randy Foye, so it's not like they just switched him for Dan Dickau straight up. It might not be a situation where they decided he'd never be any good, they may just have decided that Foye is going to be too good to not go after. Foye certainly looked great in college.

Nah the Blazers ended up with Brandon Roy, they swapped Foye for him.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #17
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh, yeah. I got lost in the trade confusion, haha. Roy's probably better too, though.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #18
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Telfair blows. He looks to shoot first even though he can't shoot. They played much better when he was out.

I think Portland made a very good move. I have no idea what is going through Ainge's head.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:40 AM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sebas has said he's going to play pass first in here, and Danny got rid of Raef's bad deal.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

New start, new situation. I'd give Telfair a chance in Boston. 2yrs in the league.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #21
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

I'd rather have Foye, Roy, and Gay before I'd touch telfair.

I think Telfair is better than Marcus Williams, but I can't figure out which is worse: stealing labtops or bringing a gun on a plane.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #22
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

telfair is goin to put up all-star numbers. to me he was better then any point gaurd in that draft. celtics got a steal.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #23
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Sebastian told me he'd need the piece to shoot stupid Raptor fans next time he went to Canada.

McMillan had actually regained faith in Sebas.
Apparently at the end of the season he was getting another look, and McMillan liked him.
Quote:
McMillan said Telfair has earned the late-game minutes and the title of an improving player because of his decision making. In his first 30 games this season, Telfair went one game without a turnover; in his next 30, Telfair had 13 without a miscue.

Early in the season, McMillan would often pull Telfair for quick shots, or for an insistence on driving to the basket for a shot instead of looking to get his teammates involved. Now, Telfair is more apt to pass the ball to Zach Randolph before looking to take his man off the dribble.

"I think he fought it early on, but now he is really working to be that point guard who can set up, deliver, but at the same time score," McMillan said. "I think what we are seeing now is a guard who at times is not scoring, but you don't see the frustration that you saw earlier. Things are not forced. He's trying to run the offense."
Quote:
"One thing I have seen out of the kid is he is confident and he has a heart," McMillan said. "He has a passion about this game, and I think he has improved. I feel comfortable with him running the team. The only thing that has been a problem is matching him up with guards defensively, especially without Theo (Ratliff) being out there."
Old 07-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Definately a horrible choice by Bassy (GB stop saying Sebas, it stinks) bringing the gun. But you gotta give him a chance. Cant hold him to that incident for the rest of his career. Unfair. If he continues to make mistake after mistake ok. But this is like AI and the highschool incident in the bowling alley. People years, years after the fact mentioned that still.

Lets see how his career unfolds on a better team then he was with Portland who had no direction, no veteran leadership and bad role models. Atleast in Boston you got some stability. Ricky Davis changed when he arrived in Beantown...was that destined? Was it a wake up call? Was it Pierce aiding him? Bassy should do better in Boston. We shall see and i wont back away from my overrated NY pg stance. The whole he is better then his cousin stuff.

That needs to be proven but i think Bassy can produce there. We'll see.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #25
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
GB stop saying Sebas,
Sebas, Sebas, Sebas, Sebas. Nyah-nyah.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #26
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

Ainge has ownage of that clown Patterson with this trade.
He got Ratliff for LaFrentz plus Telfair (who will be a very good PG), the celtics had two weak positions last year now they have non.
The Blazers want Roy as their PG, which may end up being a good move also. A Roy/Webster backcourt may be a dam good one down the road.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #27
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Brandon Roy could maybe be pg in the triangle offense, but his real position is shooting guard.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #28
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far
Default Telfair

Telfair came out trying to prove he could play at trhe NBA level the way he did in H.S and H.S tourneys.....obvioulsy he couldn't so he learned to use teamates and that in the NBA he's not gonna be the most talented guy on the floor just yet.....

BUt he's never lacked confidence which is good and he can get to the rim pretty consistently on Boston's team that can come in handy...
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #29
jc123
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jc123 has an OK reputation so far

Its a bad move for Portland, but a wise 1 for telfair

Telfair jus got out of the portland jail(blazers) lol
jc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:54 PM   #30
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

He needs it to shoot Raptor fans? C'mon that stunk, try again GB.

One reason the gun incident will stick to him his whole career is that if he was not on a basketball team that would really screw up his life.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: