Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #31
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Telfair blows. He looks to shoot first even though he can't shoot. They played much better when he was out.

I think Portland made a very good move. I have no idea what is going through Ainge's head.

I watched a few Portland games and I thought he barely shot. He gets most of his buckets taking it to the rack. Myopinion is he tries to much to pass. Defenders can get a read on that and easily pick him off.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #32
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
He needs it to shoot Raptor fans? C'mon that stunk, try again GB.

One reason the gun incident will stick to him his whole career is that if he was not on a basketball team that would really screw up his life.
Some Raptor fans could maybe be drawn and quartered, but it'd take a lot of time. Shooting is far more effective.

Some people will never forget him taking a gun on a plane but around here it's barely mentioned. People are far more interested in whether or not he can beat out Delonte to start, will be pass-first or shoot-first, etc. Only person dwelling on it in this forum is you. It's history, most people no longer care. If he had fired the gun it may be more worthy of discussion,t carrying a gun on a plane? Big deal. So did Barry Switzer.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #33
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think bassy will be a special player in this league but didnt fit with portland now the blazers have the most versitile gaurd in the draft in brandon roy and have freed up time for jarret jack
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #34
JJCollector
I airball my layups

JJCollector has an OK reputation so far

I think Telfair should have gone to college. He isn't the type of player I would want to having manning the point for my team. His game is similar but not even on the level of Chris Paul. As of right now, he would be a much better prospect for AND 1 or at least send him to the D-L for some time. He could prove me wrong though this coming season with the C's. It all depends on his drive, motivation, work ethic, and maturity.
JJCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:47 AM   #35
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Blazers gave up on Telfair too soon...

Sebastian who?
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:58 PM   #36
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings718
I think they never should've drafted him in the first place.

Exactly, they could've had Chris Paul or Jameer Nelson but they took Telfair

Jack is a better PG for the Nate McMillian system because he is a pass first shoot second PG like Bassy but if Jack needs too, he can hit the open jumper as well as slash to the basket, Bassy can only slash

Plus, Portland got a better fast paced PG in last years draft...Spanish Chocolate Aka Sergio Rodriguez
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #37
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far

No offense, but Telfair is not that good. I think Jarrett Jack is much better.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 AM   #38
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was in shock when I read the title of this thread, but then I saw the date and it made it all better. I hope the initial poster doesn't still feel that way.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #39
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far

I never thought Telfair had potential. He wasn't consistent.

Plus, why do I here on the news that he always gets caught with handguns on planes? Who in the world brings handguns with them on airplanes? Maybe I'm mistaking the situation. I didn't read the whole article. Didn't really care.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:09 AM   #40
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He has been caught with a handgun twice. The first time was on the Blazer jet and they found it in his pillow case. He said it was his girlfriend's that she keeps for protection. He claimed he found it in his bag and decided to hide it, but it was found. The second time I don't know as much about because it happened when he was in Boston. I'm not even sure if it was on a plane or not, but I did hear of it happening again.

Off court issues with poor on court play leads to a short career. KP is awesome for finding a way to give him over to Boston in the deal that sent us Brandon Roy. :)
Old 07-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #41
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Sebastian is insanely gifted

but he shoulda never skipped college
to take it a step further PT Guard is the one position in the NBA that you should do at least 2 yrs of college ball first before going pro.

Thats Sebastian problem
He needs to grow as a Pt guard his decision making needs work.
He can get to the rack on anyone and his jump shot has improved alot

but his problems are he's terrible on D and even though he can breakdown the D with his penetration he his floor vision and decision making needs work. He needs to go to the D league to work on his game or play for a weak team that will allow him to improve and learn on the floor.
But his reputation is so bad he may never get a 2nd chance.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #42
Myth

I must point out that the Blazers were a weak team and that wasn't enough for him. I agree he needs the D-league.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: