Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #16
AKADS
National High School Star
 
AKADS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,309
Default Re: How underrated are the Hawks?

Atlanta is a solid team but I think they will struggle this year. Milsap and Horford are not good enough defencively IMO
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #17
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please
 
hawksdogsbraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,930
Default Re: How underrated are the Hawks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Atlanta is a solid team but I think they will struggle this year. Milsap and Horford are not good enough defencively IMO

I agree, we need a true big man, we struggle against big front lines.


I do firmly believe that Bud is a top 5 coach, he may not really get to prove that with this roster though. I still want to blow the team up, Horford, Millsap, Korver, and Teague are among the best trade assets in the league.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #18
Richesly
Atlanta Hawk Fan
 
Richesly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: How underrated are the Hawks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
I agree, we need a true big man, we struggle against big front lines.


I do firmly believe that Bud is a top 5 coach, he may not really get to prove that with this roster though. I still want to blow the team up, Horford, Millsap, Korver, and Teague are among the best trade assets in the league.


Come on man! Hawks are amazing defensively! It's the rebounding that's our main struggle and is the reason we have 3 losses.

Payne is our best rebounder, so hopefully he'll put work on the boards when he's healthy and ready to go.
Richesly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #19
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please
 
hawksdogsbraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,930
Default Re: How underrated are the Hawks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richesly
Come on man! Hawks are amazing defensively! It's the rebounding that's our main struggle and is the reason we have 3 losses.

That's what I was saying about needing another big.

I really like our team but to me it doesn't seem like we'll ever have another chance to rebuild so quickly and efficiently. We don't even have to trade everyone necessarily.

If we were to say, trade Horford to the Raptors for Amir Johnson, Bruno, and a first round pick, we could still probably battle it out for the 8 seed and still get a good prospect + a pick, plus a decent rotational big to make up for some of Horford's production.

Unfortunately, without a GM ( ) I don't know how we'll make any moves at all unless Bud hits up the phones on our off days lol.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy