Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 07-01-2006, 02:04 AM   #181
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

You just make this too easy.

Quote:
Amare was the focus of the attention dolt.

He had more fouls than field goals. He got many FTs, but after awhile the Mavs realized that Nash was in the middle of scoring 16 straight points. At that point, the attention shifted 100%. I reckon Amare didn't play as many minutes with his 5 fouls, but that might not be true, but it would be icing on the cake for my argument.

Quote:
He gets hot once in a while but he's not a scorer. Depend on him to score and your team flops.

You mean.... like how Toronto depended on Mike James to score? You don't want a pass first point guard, you want Mike James or another scoring pg to come back and do something you think makes a team flop? Get your arguments straight here.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:05 AM   #182
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Quote:
TJ is a point guard who distributes the basketball while Charlie is a scoring forward, not the most scarce thing in the NBA.

This is the point that drives me nuts. You can't claim the trade is better because you got a point guard that distributes the ball which is scarce. They are scarce because when you look at championship teams in the last 10 years, most of them didn't have point guards that all they can do is find the open man. They had point guards that could score, find the open man and play some defence. T.J. Ford isn't that.

GOODNIGHT...Till next season I won't comment on anything unless Colangelo brings another Euro into Toronto. That's probably why they let him go in Phoenix; his insatiable appetite for Euros and soft players.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:05 AM   #183
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Yeah, didn't Ford play a full season last year with no back complaints?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:06 AM   #184
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
By the way, there is no injury concern with TJ. His spinal problem was fixed 100%. He has only the injury risks that any other player has.

How do you feel about the trade? Are you surprised it wasn't Mo Williams being the one moved instead of TJ Ford? When I first saw the trade, I was stunned that the Bucks had dealt Ford instead of Williams. I thought for sure that Ford was the long term answer while Williams would be moved because he was a luxury and Charlie Bell would be able to step up and take over the minutes. Do you think Charlie Villaneuva can fit in right away, where will he play, or will he come off the bench? Was TJ Ford held back by the coaching of Terry Stotts, because I think that Stotts did a horrible job with the Bucks this year.

Any insight that you can give from the other side of the spectrum would be nice, I know how I feel but I'd like to get any information on our new starting point guard, and how Charlie Villaneuva will fit.

Thanks
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:06 AM   #185
Fatal9
owwwww

Quote:
By the way, there is no injury concern with TJ. His spinal problem was fixed 100%. He has only the injury risks that any other player has.

What was the reason for the 10 games he missed last year? Non back related I am assuming? I can't recall.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:06 AM   #186
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
GOODNIGHT...Till next season I won't comment on anything unless Colangelo brings another Euro into Toronto. That's probably why they let him go in Phoenix; his insatiable appetite for Euros and soft players.

Best thing you've written all night. Saves us all the time of having to disprove some your ridiculous claims that have no basis.

On another note... I don't like the "what if" scenarios myself but damn, if only the Raptors took Danny Granger like they were supposed to last year at #16...
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:09 AM   #187
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

[quote=Qwyjibo]

Best thing you've written all night. Saves us all the time of having to disprove some your ridiculous claims that have no basis.[quote]

I second that.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:09 AM   #188
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
What was the reason for the 10 games he missed last year? Non back related I am assuming? I can't recall.

Quadricep injury (4 games), sprained left foot(4) & hamstring injury(2)
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:10 AM   #189
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
This is the point that drives me nuts. You can't claim the trade is better because you got a point guard that distributes the ball which is scarce. They are scarce because when you look at championship teams in the last 10 years, most of them didn't have point guards that all they can do is find the open man. They had point guards that could score, find the open man and play some defence. T.J. Ford isn't that.

The Toronto Raptors would be a much worse team with Jose Calderon leading them and Charlie Villaneuva at small forward, then they will be now with TJ Ford at point guard and Joey Graham at small forward. The gap between the talent levels is huge, and as a result, the addition of Ford is much more significant. We had a major hole and filled it with a great young point guard. I don't think you can even deny that fact, we had a strength, we moved some of that strength and filled a huge hole. I don't care about what the Championship teams have been like, we aren't a championship contender right now, we are rebuilding, and to rebuild, a good young point guard is key.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:11 AM   #190
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Quote:
You mean.... like how Toronto depended on Mike James to score? You don't want a pass first point guard, you want Mike James or another scoring pg to come back and do something you think makes a team flop? Get your arguments straight here

You're an idiot. Mike James isn't that good a player and he's far from creme de la creme of scoring point guards and you're using him to prove how score first point guards aren't effective?...I could as well use Vince Carter to show that building around a SG isn't effective and well we have Michael Jordan and Dwyane Wade recently.

Toronto didn't depend on Mike James, they depended on Bosh who didn't deliver and you can use him as the cornerstone of your argument that you can't win with bigs that take jumpshots. Why are you talking like Mike James was the first option on offence. You already forgot all those pick and rolls that got Bosh his lovely jumper?...Dumbasses around here. You depended on Mike James.

By the way on that Nash argument, I remember Amare outscoring Dampier 42-0 in the first game and sonned him again in the second game of that series. There's no doubt who Mavericks was out to stop after those performances. Nash depends on others to score in order to be effective. When he didn't have Amare against the Mavericks, he looked lost.

Last edited by Jerm : 07-01-2006 at 02:16 AM.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:11 AM   #191
PureElement
Local High School Star

wow Colangelo is really rebuilding and reconstruction on the run. Nice job. They are really the suns of the east.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:11 AM   #192
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
On another note... I don't like the "what if" scenarios myself but damn, if only the Raptors took Danny Granger like they were supposed to last year at #16...

I had already thought of this possibility, but I just approach it as if that phase of the franchise is over, and I don't really look at those as legitimate possibilities. We had some incompetent minds running our team at that time, it's now a new team, new franchise and new feeling. I actually think we have a legitimate chance to succeed with Colangelo running the team.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:13 AM   #193
adamcz
Bucks fan

I honestly can't remember the injury that TJ had this year. Maybe Spike knows.

Pistol Pete, yes I was surprised that TJ was the one dealt, but I really haven't been lying when trying to hype up how good Mo Williams is. Mo is the 2nd best scorer on the team behind Redd, and an adequate passer. Had I known which clues to listen to, I would've known that Larry Harris wanted to surround Bogut with four shooters, so that the offense can run through him. I guess we decided that TJ's elite passing isn't neccesary, since Mo is average or better, and the offense will run a lot through Redd and Bogut.

I'm more ok with this trade the longer I have to digest it. You guys sure got an exciting point guard though, and I personally would have prefered to keep TJ. I have a feeling this deal was TJ or nothing though. Considering the trades we could have pulled without TJ (Boozer, Murphy, Martin), this was probably a neccesary loss to suffer.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:15 AM   #194
TheGreatNumber8
Banned

Great,Great move for the Raptors. Charlie V only played good cause he was on the raptors,his points and rebounds will decrease with magloire,redd,simmons and bogut.
TheGreatNumber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:18 AM   #195
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
I honestly can't remember the injury that TJ had this year. Maybe Spike knows.

Pistol Pete, yes I was surprised that TJ was the one dealt, but I really haven't been lying when trying to hype up how good Mo Williams is. Mo is the 2nd best scorer on the team behind Redd, and an adequate passer. Had I known which clues to listen to, I would've known that Larry Harris wanted to surround Bogut with four shooters, so that the offense can run through him. I guess we decided that TJ's elite passing isn't neccesary, since Mo is average or better, and the offense will run a lot through Redd and Bogut.

I'm more ok with this trade the longer I have to digest it. You guys sure got an exciting point guard though, and I personally would have prefered to keep TJ. I have a feeling this deal was TJ or nothing though. Considering the trades we could have pulled without TJ (Boozer, Murphy, Martin), this was probably a neccesary loss to suffer.

I know how good Mo Williams is, he's just a different type of point guard in my opinion, and I thought that the Bucks were trying to do everything that they could to keep Ford and move Williams. Since both are young, I thought they would keep that philosophy or idea in tact, and maybe they tried, but gave in. Anyways, thanks for the insight, it's always interesting when two young talents get moved for each other, it shifts the dynamics of the teams, I am sure both teams will be happy with what they have recieved. I know, myself, as a fan of the Raptors, is very excited to see what Ford can do to help elevate the level of play of Chris Bosh. It will be exciting to watch us run the fast break, I can hardly wait.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: