Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 07-01-2006, 03:20 AM   #226
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

dgilbert has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
Good deal for both teams I think but better for the Bucks. Mo is more than capable of running the team. Vill slots in the 4 spot with Bogey moving to center, looks good to me.
Magloire and fillers to Knicks for Francis and Lee or another tall?
it's good for both teams, both these guys have there fleas, and both are traded from a position of strenght or depth from there existing teams, that's the way i see it, bucks fans know all of ford's negatives, just as any sane raps fan knows, of charlie's negatives, but at the end of the day the raps desparately needed a PG, and the bucks needed a PF, both got what they needed, neither is a future all star, but both will fill a need, and make both teams better overall.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:23 AM   #227
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Why are you embarassed? There are more Raptors fans on ISH boards then there are a lot of the other teams combined.

I think he is embarassed because some of the comments that have been made, atleast that is what I gathered from the post. If I am incorrect, then I have no idea what he means.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:26 AM   #228
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurupt
i wish we;d drafted tyrus, hes gonna be a beast in a couple of year, a more rugged marion
maybe, maybe not, i'm personnally always wary of guys who make there name solely on what they did in the tournament, that being said the guy is a crazy athlete, i'm just glad the bulls took him and not us, i'm quite happy with the italian, I just think people have to get over this europe phobia, they have great players(nowitski), and the have busts(Nik Tiskovili), no different than the college guys, and people have to remember that there can be a happy medium, bargani could be a good player, not as good as dirk, but no where near the bust of Tiskovili. i'll be happey if he's good, if he turns out great then that's a bonus.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:27 AM   #229
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Just about every Raptors fan here loves the trade.

We all realize Charlie is a great player but he had to go in order to improve the team.

I don't understand where the embarrasment part comes in?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:31 AM   #230
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Many people have already stated that Bargnani will not be a 3 player. He may play there at times, but only in certain scenarios. For his career, he will be a 4 and a 5 player.
he'll play all three spots as i've stated earlier, but I guarantee you he'll be playing quite a bit of 3 this year, my only thing is that he's every bit as qualified to play the 3 as a charlie, so if these raps fans were fine with charlie playing 3, then they should have no qualms about bargnani, cause he's a much better shooter.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:35 AM   #231
kurupt
I hit open layups

kurupt has no real reputation yet.
Default re

barganani cannot play the 3, stop hoping, he cant even play the 5, he said it himself that he is a 4,
kurupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:49 AM   #232
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

raps fan, you will soon see why this trade blows for you guys. CV31 will be a superstar.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:50 AM   #233
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

Quote:
barganani cannot play the 3, stop hoping, he cant even play the 5, he said it himself that he is a 4,
it's not hoping, if charlie could play the 3 bargnani can, his strenght is on the perimeter, will he be able to shut down an athletic 3, hell no, i'm not saying that, but on the offensive end he can definitly do it, the raps are going to be like the suns, in that there going to be a run and gun offensive team, I mean is diaw a center, hell no, but he played that position on many a suns game, you may not like that, but welcome to the new nba, where guys are playing positions, that in years past they never would, I mean I totally agree that your gonna see bargnani and bosh play the 4, and 5 for significant minutes in games, but you are gonna see the italian line up at the 3 when rasho is in the game.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:51 AM   #234
kurupt
I hit open layups

Default re

i think barngnani has huge upside as well, and believe he will be a good player almost pau gasalo like, but if we're building around bosh and tj we need some defenders, bosh is a weak defender and rebounder, we need someone rugged at the 5, a front line of barg and bosh will very good offensively but horrible defensively,

a team like the suns can go small because they have a good all around defender in marion and a beast in amare( or had a beast), which will somewhat cover up their defensife liabilites, a frontline of a mature bargnani who lets say becomes dirk or pau alongside bosh will not cut it, neither wants to play center or is comfortable playing center, why do you think dallas got dampier and diop, and every pf complains about playing c, (jermaine, dirk, bosh, amare etc...)
Old 07-01-2006, 03:52 AM   #235
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
raps fan, you will soon see why this trade blows for you guys. CV31 will be a superstar.
obviously you weren't an avid observor of raps games, because if you were then you would no that charlie is never gonna be an all star, just a good nba player, and hey there is nuttin wrong wit that
Old 07-01-2006, 03:52 AM   #236
kurupt
I hit open layups

Default re

cv could not play the 3 effectively which is why he got traded, if you think he played the 3 effectively you just dont know ball or did not watch a lot of games, hes was a horrible defender at the 3, barg will be even worse
Old 07-01-2006, 03:54 AM   #237
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Every time a deal happens theres going to be someone whos disagrees. Those people think about players value too much. They seem to forget about the team play not individual. This game is about team play and the fact is we need a pg and Ford is a top 5 in the league. He will help us way more than charlie couldved. I like Charlie, he is an excellent player but Tj Ford is a player we need !!!!!

Last edited by Tips4 : 07-01-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:55 AM   #238
kmatrixg
I hit open layups

kmatrixg has an OK reputation so far

Alright, first things first, I loved CV, not only because he was a decent player with a bright future, but because his difference didn't stop him from doing what he loved. Bar none, it was a slightly unnoticeable difference, but, the fact is, he had heart; he loved this game, this city, so on and so forth.

Second, has everyone forgotten we traded Arau(who?)jo for Kris Humphries and a departed second partner? I've been seeing amateur "Depth Charts" all across this thread, but none have consisted of Humpty.

Im gonna quit numbering what I say, its getting annoying..So, another thing, Im tired of people complaining about the potential CV HAD. Sure, he had potential, but (I think someone mentioned a 30ppg scorer? HAH) lets be realistic. CV is a new generation of tall scorers, similar to Rasheed, Antawn, Antoine (Not to be easily confused with Antawn), dare I say Dirk?, Okur...Whatever, its beyond my point, which is to declare, most of these versatile combo forwards do not play defense, they are purely an offensive option, and Villas rebounding numbers were...horrific. They have no gut and grind so to speak. And another thing, the numbers of this new breed is highly rising. So get your tails from between your legs and realize we got a 6 foot point guard, Point Guard, who doesn't shoot the ball 17 times a game, who does average 6.6 assists on a sh!tty offensive team, and who did show signs of greatness under bad coaching (Is Sam any better)

With good discipline, Ford can become a solid piece to this canadian franchise. Now alot of you are pondering Rafer's stint with us, starting a few years back. He has an entirely different personality than Ford, and as far as I have heard, Ford seems to be alot more coachable than a disgruntled 28 year old streetballer (Im not nagging, just stating he is from the streets, and doesnt take bull) who traveled to 3 different teams before being slated as the starter, and who just wanted to win some damn games. If Mitchell can have the same effect on Ford that he had on Villa, we Raptors fans will be reminiscing of those sunny, happy days from the season of 00-01.

So you Bucks can have Mo Williams, a guy who played his heart out for the starting spot, and look he got it. Now watch as he takes control of the point just like James took ours, take plenty of shots, take away from other player performance and lose assist totals, overall making them a slighty not better team.

Aaaaand thats all.
kmatrixg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:03 AM   #239
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

Quote:
cv could not play the 3 effectively which is why he got traded, if you think he played the 3 effectively you just dont know ball or did not watch a lot of games, hes was a horrible defender at the 3, barg will be even worse
i agree he couldn't defend the position at all, and either will bargnani, my point is I don't think colangelo cares, bargnani assuming he blossoms, will play some amount of time at the 3(maybe 10-15 a game), I think he will be a flexible piece in that he can play the 3-5, not unlike charlie, but with greater upside, and that is why I thought the trade was good, because bargani essentially replaces charlie's role, hopefully graham contiunues to develope so he'll also be able to fill in that 3 spot for minutes to, I'm just saying that in colangelo's scheme guys don't get pigion holed into postions, which obviosly you know, cause I can tell you know what your talking about.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:03 AM   #240
kmatrixg
I hit open layups

kmatrixg has an OK reputation so far

Also, check out Villas consistency. Pretty good for a scorer, yea?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/..._UmP7sTdWkvLYF

No.
kmatrixg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: