Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 07-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #331
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
PP donyell was able to score "fluently" in the post. He would rarely post people up, but once in the paint he has the ability to get the ball off the glass and in.

Charlie Villaneuva played close to the basketball more in his rookie year then Donyell Marshall ever did. Marshall just adapted himself into that three point shooting role, once he got into it, he rarely ventured into the paint. Maybe my memory is wrong, but I can't really recall Marshall playing in the post or crashing the glass like Charlie did at times last year.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #332
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bargnani is NOT 250.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #333
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

At his press conference for his intro to the Raptors, the question was "Let's settle this, what's you height/weight"

He said 7'0", 245 lbs.

And then he said "Don't worry" IIRC, lol.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #334
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Charlie did play in the post more, but I distinctly remember Donyell having a few nifty moves once he was in the paint. He'd rather be at the 3pt arc and usually was, but it's not like he was Milt Palacio in the paint.

Oh, and gobb, thanks for that wonderful bit of information you posted. I especially appreciate how you did not cite sources or reasons, because why pay attention to official measurements when we can listen to someone from philly?
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #335
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Bargnani is NOT 250.

Official measurements from the draft had him measured at 7'1, 248 lbs.

Unless you actually have a credible resource to back up your claim, I am going to go with an official measurement and assume you are incorrect. But thanks for the input.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:10 PM   #336
CV31
I Hit Open Layups

CV31 has an OK reputation so far
Angry What A Dumb Move For The Raps!!

The raptors just lost an All Star for a Ok point guard with a broken spine. What a dumb move for the raps. Charlie V will be another T-Mac for raptor fans to look back at and wish he was still part of the team. The raptors fill a much needed position put what happens if CB4 gets injured who is ther to back him up? Not a smart move in my opinion. Good luck Charlie no doubt you will be a true allstar in this league.
CV31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:13 PM   #337
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
At his press conference for his intro to the Raptors, the question was "Let's settle this, what's you height/weight"

He said 7'0", 245 lbs.

And then he said "Don't worry" IIRC, lol.

Did you see him shaking Stern's hand? Guy was a string bean.

Quote:
Official measurements from the draft had him measured at 7'1, 248 lbs

Uh huh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And Bargnani lies about his weight as shown up above.

Feel free to increase his weight some more. Go on, do it. :rollingeyes:
Old 07-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #338
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV31
The raptors just lost an All Star for a Ok point guard with a broken spine. What a dumb move for the raps. Charlie V will be another T-Mac for raptor fans to look back at and wish he was still part of the team. The raptors fill a much needed position put what happens if CB4 gets injured who is ther to back him up? Not a smart move in my opinion. Good luck Charlie no doubt you will be a true allstar in this league.

Charlie Villaneuva is not a point guard, he's a forward who averaged 13 points and 6 rebounds as a rookie. TJ Ford is a young point guard, he is healthy, he doesn't have a broken spine. He averaged 12 points, 7 assists and 4 rebounders and he fills a huge need for the team. If Chris Bosh gets hurt, that's unfortunate, it will hurt the team greatly, any team would be hurt by the loss of their best player. What happens if Dwyane Wade gets hurt, LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki? All of these teams do not have sufficient backup plans in the case they lose their best player, there isn't enough talent to go around. You have to hope everyone stays healthy. This is a good trade for the Raptors, Ford has as good a chance of becoming an all-star as Villaneuva does, in my mind, hopefully you will realize the talent we are getting back here.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #339
kmatrixg
I hit open layups

kmatrixg has an OK reputation so far

Donyell only started camping in toronto. With Kevin Oneills "stand around and wait" offense. In his first year in chicago, and his years in Utah, he was scoring 13 to 14 points a game and only taking 1 three a game, if that. Now I dont know if he was shooting long 2's, or in the post, but he scored and rebounded without shooting 3s
kmatrixg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:18 PM   #340
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

http://www.nba.com/draft2006/profile...aBargnani.html

I'll believe this weight before i believe 250 or "248" the official measurement.

Look at him.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/roster/

Raptors team site has him listed at 240.

225 to 240 is the range. Avg is 232. What does Skita weight.

Bargnani doesnt weigh more then him. Sorry kiddies.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #341
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Uh huh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And Bargnani lies about his weight as shown up above.

Feel free to increase his weight some more. Go on, do it. :rollingeyes:

What are you talking about, official measurements have him at 7'1, 248 lbs and he tells reporters he's 7'0, 245 lbs.

What are we increasing here? He was listed at 7'1 in shoes, so it's probable he is 7'0 without shoes. A gap of three pounds between what measurement says and what he says, does it really matter? I don't care what he looks like, if two resources, a measurement for all teams, and the kid himself say he is between 245 and 248 pounds, then I will believe it. Why should I take your idea over theres, because you think he looks thin in a suit? Look at the argument you are presenting, it's awful, no sane person would accept that as fact.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #342
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Someone catching feelings of lbs? Damn shame, not even Bargnani would cry like you have over someone claiming he weighs less then what is said. Care to answer why the Raptors list him at 240 and not "248" or what he said "245"? Better yet why didnt the Raptors list him at what many say he weighs...250!!!? Hmmm

He's doesnt weight 248. People lie about thier weight. What makes him different? He's honest and sincere? Its quite OBVIOUS the talk about him also has people QUESTIONING his weight. But yeah he will expose/reveal "No I'm not that big guys. I'm much smaller then what is said". :rollingeyes:

If we follow your so called bright logic we would buy how big Shaq has been lying about over the years.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:38 PM   #343
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Someone catching feelings of lbs? Damn shame, not even Bargnani would cry like you have over someone claiming he weighs less then what is said. Care to answer why the Raptors list him at 240 and not "248" or what he said "245"? Better yet why didnt the Raptors list him at what many say he weighs...250!!!? Hmmm

He's doesnt weight 248. People lie about thier weight. What makes him different? He's honest and sincere? Its quite OBVIOUS the talk about him also has people QUESTIONING his weight. But yeah he will expose/reveal "No I'm not that big guys. I'm much smaller then what is said". :rollingeyes:

If we follow your so called bright logic we would buy how big Shaq has been lying about over the years.

I am not even going to lie, I am having trouble trying to understand some of this, the first couple of sentences don't make any sense to me.

I am not trying to say I know how much the guy weighs, but you said he doesn't weight 250 lbs, which I never said he does, but I did say he weighed between 245 lbs - 248 lbs. While I cannot say if this is a true figure, because I don't know, I am just trusting the resources that have been provided. You posting a picture doesn't tell me anything.

I understand why someone would make themselves seem heavier, or maybe lighter then they actually are, but I have no reason to not believe this until it can actually be proven. The Raptors listing him at 240 lbs doesn't really prove your theory, if the kid says he's 245 lbs, the team says he's 240 lbs, the measurements say he's 248 lbs, and then you come say he's 225 lbs. Your estimation seems ridiculous, but it's your opinion, and I have to respect that, but besides a few pictures, you aren't giving me much information to respect your claim.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #344
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

First couple dont make any sense is a typical response when someone is arguing. Usually happens. Who said 225? I posted links of his weight being listed to SHOW various listings. Really simple einstein. If Shaq says he is 330lbs then he is 330lbs because he said it right? Right??? Athletes when questions surround thier size arent always honest if them being honest will have a negative affect. Barganni says I'm anywhere from 235-240 and people will ask "How can you play Center then?". Bargnani says he is 245 then the thought of him playing in the middle is at ease. Same with an overweight person. Shaq would NEVER admit he was 360lbs before. Never, he sticks with 330 and thats that, but he is known for being out of shape and a bit overweight. Shaq admits to being 360 then the media has a negative outlook "Shaq is slower because he weighs a ton, Shaq has injuries because of his weight" blah blah blah.

Stop being so damn lame with this "if bargnani says it then i'll take his word over yours". If you buy that then fine. He's not 250. He's not even 245. He's not 225 (never said he was). At best he is hovering between 235-240. Take it or leave it because he is no bigger then Skita.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #345
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

Even trade.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: