Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 07-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #346
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
First couple dont make any sense is a typical response when someone is arguing. Usually happens.

I don't understand what this means:

Quote:
Someone catching feelings of lbs? Damn shame, not even Bargnani would cry like you have over someone claiming he weighs less then what is said.

That is the only thing I don't understand, but at this point it seems pointless.

Quote:
Who said 225?

I assumed when you said this (quoted immediately below) that you were saying he weighs 225 pounds. My mistake, I must have misinterpreted the message.

Quote:
225 to 240 is the range

Quote:
I posted links of his weight being listed to SHOW various listings. Really simple einstein. If Shaq says he is 330lbs then he is 330lbs because he said it right? Right??? Athletes when questions surround thier size arent always honest if them being honest will have a negative affect. Barganni says I'm anywhere from 235-240 and people will ask "How can you play Center then?". Bargnani says he is 245 then the thought of him playing in the middle is at ease. Same with an overweight person. Shaq would NEVER admit he was 360lbs before. Never, he sticks with 330 and thats that, but he is known for being out of shape and a bit overweight. Shaq admits to being 360 then the media has a negative outlook "Shaq is slower because he weighs a ton, Shaq has injuries because of his weight" blah blah blah.

I understand why athletes lie about their weight, I am just saying I have no reason to believe that he's lying. It's not an absurd weight for a man that is 7'1. If he was saying he was 255 lbs - 260 lbs then I would understand, but I find it reasonable that he's 245 lbs at 7'1 given his body type.

Quote:
Stop being so damn lame with this "if bargnani says it then i'll take his word over yours". If you buy that then fine. He's not 250. He's not even 245. He's not 225 (never said he was). At best he is hovering between 235-240. Take it or leave it because he is no bigger then Skita.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, because we aren't getting anywhere. I understand where you are coming from, but I see no reason to believe that the kid is lying right now. Anyways, just my opinion, your's is definately valid.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:55 PM   #347
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I'd say 240 is about right because when he said he was 245 he also noted he was a little out of shape.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:55 PM   #348
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Is Bargnani playing in those summer leagues the NBA has? Who else did Toronto pick up as far as undrafted FA's?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #349
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Nobody yet, I've heard Jose Juan Barea
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #350
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Toronto picked up Justin Gray to play in the summer leagues
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #351
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
If I'm to believe what you all have said, the Raptors should be making the playoffs next season. You have a top 5 PF and a top 5 "pure" PG, that should atleast bring an 8th seed in the East.
stop exagerating what has been said on the board, yeah a few non-informed fans have said tj is a top 5 pg, he definitly is not, but he's a good pg, who still has huge upside, and is a huge upgrade for us, as to the playoffs, as it stands right now, i'd say no, right now I see a team in that 9-10 range in the east, but we still have like 15 mil in cap space, and colangelo is one of the best, and creative, so by the start of training camp who knows, it's not a reach to say with another good addition, that they could hit the 7-8 spot in the east.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #352
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
The posters in this thread are almost as retarded as the Bucks are. I mean really, you guys don't know the first thing about basketball if you honestly think a healthy TJ Ford isn't as good an option as Charlie Villa for the Bucks.

In case you are still sitting there with your thumb up you ass thinking "who wouldn't want to trade their team MVP for Villanueva?", let's do this logically.

1. What are Villanueva's strengths?

2. What are the Bucks strengths?

3. What are the Bucks weaknesses?

4. What weaknesses of the Bucks does Villanueva solve?

Still confused? Shoot yourself in the mouth. The only reason this trade makes any sort of sense is if Bucks got word that TJ's injury is recurrent and they don't wanna chance it. Otherwise, a disgraceful trade and the Bucks can just forget about ever being a great team. They will forever give up 110 ppg.
T.J is definitly healthy, the raps had extensive talks with the doctors who took care of him, and confered with their own doctors before they pulled the trigger. In regards to the trade from a bucks point of view, I think they traded the wrong guy, they could of filled there PF spot with just as good of option as charlie by dealing magloire, and williams, and kept t.j., and before you bucks fans respond with any nonsense that they preferred williams to ford, that is complete nonsense, everyone knows they actively shopped williams, but he just couldn't command the value that ford could
Old 07-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #353
Sham
Great young streetballer

TJ was on a conference call on Raptors TV earlier today.

He's looking forward to coming to Toronto. Said that him and Chris Bosh are very good friends and he's looking forward to playing with him. Supposedly their families are very close too.
Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #354
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Great deal for the Raptors. Ford has a chance to be an all-star. Charlie will never be more than a good role player. Yes, I stand by that, and Raptor fans dont need to get pissy about it anymore.
I like the deal for the raps, but charlie will be a starter who contributes at least 15 ppg
Old 07-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #355
Heretik32
Myrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgilbert
stop exagerating what has been said on the board, yeah a few non-informed fans have said tj is a top 5 pg, he definitly is not

No, but he is one of the top 5 pure passing PGs, which is what the poster you replied to stated.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #356
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Bargnani is NOT 250.
gheradini said 246-248, but i guess you were then when he got weighed and would no much better, just like everyone kept referring to him as 6-10
Old 07-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #357
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Someone catching feelings of lbs? Damn shame, not even Bargnani would cry like you have over someone claiming he weighs less then what is said. Care to answer why the Raptors list him at 240 and not "248" or what he said "245"? Better yet why didnt the Raptors list him at what many say he weighs...250!!!? Hmmm

He's doesnt weight 248. People lie about thier weight. What makes him different? He's honest and sincere? Its quite OBVIOUS the talk about him also has people QUESTIONING his weight. But yeah he will expose/reveal "No I'm not that big guys. I'm much smaller then what is said". :rollingeyes:

If we follow your so called bright logic we would buy how big Shaq has been lying about over the years.
the reason people are taking issue with you, is cause where going by real stats, and your going by what the guy looks like in a suit, in the end who cares, cause it ain't like he's a banger anyways, so whether he's 230 or 245, it's really not gonna have a huge impact on what he does, it's just laughable how your arguing this point on no facts.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #358
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Worthless replies by you kid.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #359
Heretik32
Myrrh

Quote:
Worthless replies by you kid.

Which is the board equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and going "nanana, can't hear you".

I'd expect people that spend their whole lives on internet discussion boards to invest a bit more passion into their arguments.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #360
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

This may seem a bit tweeny, but Bargnani's suit was very European and fits more tightly than the suits of other players at the draft, thus, making the player look thinner.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: