Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #16
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: Your body fat %?

6'7" 210
9% body fat
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:07 AM   #17
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

6'5 195 and around 11%, and i'm about to start cutting for the summer
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #18
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

This was a few months ago and I'm not so sure how accurate the machine was but I had around 6.5%...
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #19
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

7%
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #20
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
6'5 195 and around 11%, and i'm about to start cutting for the summer

you better put on 25lbs if you want to be the next great big man
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #21
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Im 5'10 175lbs with 9% body fat..ive been weight training for 2and a half years..so that helps with the body fat %..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #22
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
you better put on 25lbs if you want to be the next great big man
i used to be 240, got down to 180 in 8 months and put on 15lbs in the last 2 months. Now all i do is lose a bit of fat to have the ripped abs for the summer.
And at 16yrs old it doesn't look like i'll be more than 6'7. I came up with that username 4 years ago when i was 12 yrs old 5'11. I gave up on being a real big man quite some time ago.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #23
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Wow got some tall guy's in here..6'5 6'7..can any of you ball?
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:38 AM   #24
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Your 6'7? ..how's your game??...and at 16yrs you'll still put on inches...
no, i'm 6'5 and it looks like i won't grow much more than 2inches. The thing is i always grow the most over the summer when i get my sleep so if i get lucky i could grow a bit more than 2 inches. (i have cousins that are 6-9 and 6-8 so there's still hope)
Old 04-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #25
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
i used to be 240, got down to 180 in 8 months and put on 15lbs in the last 2 months. Now all i do is lose a bit of fat to have the ripped abs for the summer.
And at 16yrs old it doesn't look like i'll be more than 6'7. I came up with that username 4 years ago when i was 12 yrs old 5'11. I gave up on being a real big man quite some time ago.

if you're 16 you ae the right weight

I was 6'3" 190 in grade 11
6'5" 210 as a HS senior
played in college at 6'5" 235
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:03 AM   #26
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Your body stores fat for a reason, it's just flat out dumb for an athlete to go under 5% body fat. If you do any hard core exercise and you don't replenish properly near that borderline, it does way more harm than good.

Quote:
But if you do it in a healthy way, using proper diet and exercise, I believe some people can go as low as five per cent, but certainly not below that. Some researchers feel that with elite athletes, strength and mental concentration deteriorate below seven per cent body fat. As well, loss of muscle can occur below five per cent, as the body will turn to muscle for fuel in the absence of fat.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #27
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

how/where do you get it measured? I have no idea.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #28
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
how/where do you get it measured? I have no idea.

Yeah i dont know how either but im interested to know my %.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #29
laker4life
I hit open 5-footers

laker4life has an OK reputation so far

12%
laker4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #30
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

It was 12 last time I checked. That was like last November.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: