Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far
Default Zeke Big Fine Coming

According to the Post, the league is seriously looking at fining Thomas for his comments about the no-calls on Starbury.

The post pointed out that the Knicks have shot more free throws than any other team in the league.

That coupled with the facts that when you are 11 games under .500 you are not going to get the same calls as say the Phoenix Suns, or the Spurs.

What are your thoughts on the Knicks Officiating.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Zeke Big Fine Coming

If we shoot more free throws than any other team, which may be true, then we miss more free throws too. The ones we've gotten, we don't hit in a high clip. That game that Zeke was talking about, look at how many threes Marbury shot before that non call. It was Zeke crying. He should be fined. Fined for not making his scorers drive to hole the whole game, instead of being jumper-happy.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I have seen Marbury get hammered and not get a call all season.

I have watched just about every game.

He has been abused under the basket and does not get the same pit pat foul calls other stars get.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know we are in the top 5 in free throw attempts. How many do they make with the ones they get is the real issue. Marbs get hit in the paint just like any other jumpshooter. To the refs defense there are some bad calls, but they do reward aggressive plays to the basket. One drive to the hole at the end of a game should not bail you out with free throws.
Superstars like Melo,Lebron, or Agent 0,D-Wade gets em and they should. They are always aggressive.
Marbury is not a superstar. He doesn't live in the paint like a superstar would either. One call don't decide anything.

Address the things you control.
Turnovers
Blocking shots
Assists
Taking high percentage shots
Get some steals.

Address that. Quit crying to the refs.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
According to the Post, the league is seriously looking at fining Thomas for his comments about the no-calls on Starbury.

The post pointed out that the Knicks have shot more free throws than any other team in the league.

That coupled with the facts that when you are 11 games under .500 you are not going to get the same calls as say the Phoenix Suns, or the Spurs.

What are your thoughts on the Knicks Officiating.

has the officiating been great no but i dont think its been a screw job like others do, in that buck game we were the benefit of one of the worst calls i have ever seen so it goes both ways. if your looking for marbury to get the same star treatment as kobe or lebron or wade gets its not going to happen hes not a superstar.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #6
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

I agree. I thought there have been times when the refs have not given the Knicks the call, but every team has that happen during the season. The Knicks are a terrible team and Starbury is a second tier star at best so of course he is not going to get the calls. Finally that play at the end of the Mavs game was not a foul, and who could expect them to make that call.

Thomas has really been playing the desperation cards. Last week it was the injuries why the Knicks were not winning. Now its the fouls why the Knicks were not winning.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

What a way for the League to be non-bias.

Zeke has a contract extension so I'm sure he'll have money to pay it off.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: