Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #16
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan: Who's better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
iota

I'm trying to figure out what this word was supposed to be. Ion? Iowa?

PS. I'm a post whore.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:46 PM   #17
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Dictionary
iota |ʌɪˌəʊtə|
noun
1 the ninth letter of the Greek alphabet ( Ι, ι), transliterated as ‘i.’ • ( Iota) [followed by Latin genitive] Astronomy the ninth star in a constellation : Iota Piscium.
2 [in sing. ] [usu. with negative ] an extremely small amount : nothing she said seemed to make an iota of difference. [ORIGIN: iota being the smallest letter of the Greek alphabet. Compare with jot .]

Thesaurus
iota
noun
nothing she said made an iota of difference bit, speck, mite, scrap, shred, ounce, scintilla, atom, jot, grain, whit, trace; informal smidgen, smidge, tad; archaic scruple.

Last edited by kwajo : 04-02-2007 at 03:49 PM.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #18
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Only Kobe fans care about this "skills" thing.

KG has more "skills" than a prime Shaq. Who are you going to take in their primes? Hell, Bron has more "skills" than Shaq. Same question.

I don't quite get what the point of this "he's got better skills" thing is other than to try to find some other qualifier to get Bryant into the argument with Duncan.

Hey, Bryant also has more "skills" than a prime Shaq. Who am I taking on my team? Who is the better player?

Exactly.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #19
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Dictionary
iota |ʌɪˌəʊtə|
noun
1 the ninth letter of the Greek alphabet ( Ι, ι), transliterated as ‘i.’ • ( Iota) [followed by Latin genitive] Astronomy the ninth star in a constellation : Iota Piscium.
2 [in sing. ] [usu. with negative ] an extremely small amount : nothing she said seemed to make an iota of difference. [ORIGIN: iota being the smallest letter of the Greek alphabet. Compare with jot .]

Thesaurus
iota
noun
nothing she said made an iota of difference bit, speck, mite, scrap, shred, ounce, scintilla, atom, jot, grain, whit, trace; informal smidgen, smidge, tad; archaic scruple.

Yur smrt.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #20
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Duncan controls the middle, Kobe controls the perimiter. it's really that simple, Duncan has the stronger impact, so Duncan's better. it's not Kobe's fault. it's just the middle is more important than the perimiter, nothing he can do about it, and it's nothing against him, he's as great a perimiter player as there is today, they're just in different leagues- a 6/10 C > a 6/10 SG, a 9/10 C > a 9/10 SG.

kinda like a 9/10 girl in Arizona < a 9/10 girl in New York.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #21
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I think Kobe's the best in the league. So Kobe. If Kobe toned down the bad shots it'd be him easily IMO.
i'm not trying to be a hayter by any means here, but could you give some reasons? i almost always wind up defending kobe when he's being called selfish or getting ripped for not winning, but i'd like to see other people's rationale.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #22
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl

KG has more "skills" than a prime Shaq. Who are you going to take in their primes? Hell, Bron has more "skills" than Shaq. Same question.

I don't quite get what the point of this "he's got better skills" thing is other than to try to find some other qualifier to get Bryant into the argument with Duncan.

Hey, Bryant also has more "skills" than a prime Shaq. Who am I taking on my team? Who is the better player?

Exactly.
Darius Miles has more skills and talent then most of the league, Stromile Swift as well. What they don't have is the leadership, the dedication, decision making and intelligence when it comes to basketball to do anything. Skills mean nothing, esp when your main skill is chucking, if you can't do anything else, or are a horrible leader.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #23
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

according to this board, tim duncan is far and away the goat.
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #24
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl

Exactly.

Who said skill determines how you are on the all time list? Just saying, as an individual player, Kobe might be better today. But like its been said before, you cant compare a big man to a guard that easy. As far as accomplishments go, I already said Duncan is ahead of Kobe and its gonna take Kobe some work to get in the discussion.

And qrich, if you think Kobe's only skill is chucking, then you're in denial.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #25
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

No one is going to doubt Kobe's scoring ability and skills as the best in the league. Hell, not even me. But everyone knows as a leader, passer, defender, and the ability to make his teammates better, Duncan has to be considered the best in the league until further notice.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #26
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Who said skill determines how you are on the all time list? Just saying, as an individual player, Kobe might be better today. But like its been said before, you cant compare a big man to a guard that easy. As far as accomplishments go, I already said Duncan is ahead of Kobe and its gonna take Kobe some work to get in the discussion.

And qrich, if you think Kobe's only skill is chucking, then you're in denial.

Chucking is the only thing I see him doing everytime I saw the Lakers play. It doesn't matter what your skills are, it matters how you utilize it and I have hardly seen him play good defense for more then two/three possessions, I have hardly seen him pass the ball like he can, hell, hardly have I seen him pass the ball then for a slight stretch, or not take the shot on the offensive end. He does have the skills to be atop the league, but he doesn't utilize them for more then a few possessions or a little stretch before he goes back to just shooting.

Edit - What would I be in denial about? Nothing, like I said, he doesn't utilize the skills he carries and just focuses on chucking. Only does he play the defense he can besides for a few possessions, before going back to decent.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #27
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kobe is currently the best player in the game. Tim Duncan has had a better career thus far and is, imo, WAY further up the "all-time" list (meaning closer to the all-time best).
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #28
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

tim duncan. why? because makes players around him better. kobe cant do that
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #29
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

IMO, I dont feel you can compare them, not being biast to either side, but ones a Guard and the other is a Power Forward????
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #30
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

Tim Duncan is better to the team
simply because of the position he plays

Kobe is a better player, but even so, it's still harder to take that into team success.
which is why MJ was called the greatest because he won without a great big
something no other Guards have done before.

If I were to build a team right now from scratch?
give me Timmy D for one year, that's who I build it around
Kobe has the talent in the world and you can just sit back and enjoy to watch him
but still, due to his position, I would hardly ever start my team around a guard instead of a center, unless it's MJ that is
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: