Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #31
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan: Who's better?

Duncan has had the better career to this point. Same championships but got a the focal point of the team. 2 mvps to zero. Comparable stats as far as you can compare a guard forward. My two favourite players in the league.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #32
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Chucking is the only thing I see him doing everytime I saw the Lakers play. It doesn't matter what your skills are, it matters how you utilize it and I have hardly seen him play good defense for more then two/three possessions, I have hardly seen him pass the ball like he can, hell, hardly have I seen him pass the ball then for a slight stretch, or not take the shot on the offensive end. He does have the skills to be atop the league, but he doesn't utilize them for more then a few possessions or a little stretch before he goes back to just shooting.

Edit - What would I be in denial about? Nothing, like I said, he doesn't utilize the skills he carries and just focuses on chucking. Only does he play the defense he can besides for a few possessions, before going back to decent.

Up until this recent stretch, Kobe has been playing team ball despite the injuries to key players. After the big losing streak, thats when he took over...with Phil's blessing might I add. Hes avg 22 shots a game...do you want him to take less than that? And this jump in FGA was because he decided to take over like I said before, all season long hes been in the 20 FGA portion...didn't know that that labeled you a chucker. And its not like hes shooting 40%..hes shooting 46+% and effecient at the line and from the 3 pt line.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #33
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Who said skill determines how you are on the all time list? Just saying, as an individual player, Kobe might be better today. But like its been said before, you cant compare a big man to a guard that easy. As far as accomplishments go, I already said Duncan is ahead of Kobe and its gonna take Kobe some work to get in the discussion.

And qrich, if you think Kobe's only skill is chucking, then you're in denial.

What I'm saying is that anytime a topic like this comes up some Kobe fan will invariably say "Well, Kobe has better skills than Duncan!! yeah, his skills are better!!" as if that has anything to do with the topic.

As I pointed out, plenty of players have better "skills" than other players that are STILL better than them.

In other words, this "skills" thing that Bryant fans love so much are pretty much meaningless to this debate.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #34
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
What I'm saying is that anytime a topic like this comes up some Kobe fan will invariably say "Well, Kobe has better skills than Duncan!! yeah, his skills are better!!" as if that has anything to do with the topic.

As I pointed out, plenty of players have better "skills" than other players that are STILL better than them.

In other words, this "skills" thing that Bryant fans love so much are pretty much meaningless to this debate.

Maybe skills is the wrong word for it. But sometimes you look at two players play on the court and you say "hes a better player" just from watching what each can do. Alot of NBA players look at it that way, they go "Oh well look what we have to go through to stop Kobe or w/e". But like I said, thats all opinionated...so as far as GOAT list, accomplishments carry the most weight.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #35
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

I dont like comparing forwards and guards but anyone who says kobe has had the better career is delusional fool.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #36
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Tim Duncan... it's that simple.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #37
laker24
I brick open layups

laker24 has an OK reputation so far

Right now I would take Kobe over Tim. But Tim has had a better career. He is a real MVP. If Kobe was to win one more title then Kobe.
laker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #38
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker24
Right now I would take Kobe over Tim. But Tim has had a better career. He is a real MVP. If Kobe was to win one more title then Kobe.

Even though Tim won all of his titles as the MVP of the team, and won with no other all stars (DRob was a shell of his former self and no all star and Manu was not an all star that year), while Kobe won with a prime Shaq.

OK.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #39
laker24
I brick open layups

laker24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Even though Tim won all of his titles as the MVP of the team, and won with no other all stars (DRob was a shell of his former self and no all star and Manu was not an all star that year), while Kobe won with a prime Shaq.

OK.

Yeah, if Kobe wins one more, that would give him 4 and if would be one up on Tim and if he won it with his current teammates it would be a no brainier.
laker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #40
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
If the majority of people can honestly say that for their careers, Kobe is definitively better than Tim
Uhhh...that majority would be idiotic. What kind of person actually thinks that Bryant's had a better career than Duncan?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #41
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yur smrt.
No, you just don't really have a clue.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #42
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
kinda like a 9/10 girl in Arizona < a 9/10 girl in New York.

ummm Arizona has a lot of very hot girls
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #43
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Tims obviously the best and most dominant in the game right now, accounting for both ends of the court. I'd put it

Tim Duncan
Kobe/Bron/Wade
Nash/Tmac

From #2 on they are interchangeable but TD's got the top spot.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #44
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Tims obviously the best and most dominant in the game right now, accounting for both ends of the court. I'd put it

Tim Duncan
Kobe/Bron/Wade
Nash/Tmac

From #2 on they are interchangeable but TD's got the top spot.

I think you might get some good arguments over that one.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #45
number23
Decent playground baller

number23 has an OK reputation so far

Duncan. Clearly
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: