Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #16
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OSU vs Florida game thread

I'll pull in about 300 in from different pools if florida wins. Ill end up about Even if OSU Wins, so I'm rooting for Florida.
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #17
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Although I'm not a florida or ohio state fan, in this game I officially root for the FLORIDA GATORS.

Here's why: The Florida stars stayed in school.

When good players stay in college longer, it's better for college (since they're staying) and it's better for the NBA (since, usually, it means they'll be slightly more NBA-ready when they do go pro).

So, I hope Florida wins another championship.

And I hope it somehow influences more players to stay in school longer, making both the NCAA and NBA better in the process.

Go Gators

Jeff
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:01 PM   #18
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

I think the game is to hard to call, it is there for any of the 2 teams to take but one thing i do know is that OT is a posibility in this game.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #19
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ill take OSU for the plain fact that i hate Noah not the Florida team just him.

Because he yells? I'm sure you've never even been within 100 feet of him...so it has to be because he.....yells.

wow.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #20
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

ANyone have a link to watch on the pc?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #21
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Oden, I beg you to go crazy just for one game in a whole season.

Please at least once, grab an offensive rebound and wham on Noah, look at him, start to scream... but then just wink and run down the court.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:28 PM   #22
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Add Acie Law, Aaron Affalo, Alando Tucker as players better than Roy Hibbert. I saw your topic you posted....typed a long reply. Posted it then got an error message. Clicked out and the thread was removed. I cant recall much of what i typed. But what does one mock website have to do with anything? They are impressionable based on what he did vs OSU. It happens, after tonight he could be placed outside of it. Also what teams will draft him top 5? You said you could see/wouldnt be surprised by Roy going there because there arent 5 better players. But there are 5 better players and the only way he goes top 5 is if guys dont declare for the draft better than him. Not only as players but potential as well.

Julian Wright i read (article in the college forum) is returning to Kansas. Thats 1. You still got Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, Brandan Wright. 2 of the 3 are questionable. Horford and Noah are definately coming out.

Draftexpress has the Suns drafting him. I mean come on. What other mock draft sites have Roy Hibbert top 5? You'll be hard pressed to find another. I dont see Roy going top 5 unless guys dont enter the draft that you had entering. Roy isnt a bad player but not top 5 worthy. Lower lottery.

Think if you go back to the gamethread you'll find what I actually wrote was "Hibbert really moving up the rankings fast with his play lately, a win here and I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked top 5."

You then proceded to ridicule that claim and say I could only think so because I had never seen him play before.
As it happens GTown didn't win and he still moved to the 5th pick in a mock draft by one of the biggest such sites on the web, obviously they have seen him play before (as have I btw) and they still moved him that high after a loss.
And yeah he isn't a top 5 player right now, but promising centers always get drafted over better players, NBA history is full of examples of that happening, Hibbert going top 5 should be no shock to anyone if it happens, whether you think it's reasonable or not.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #23
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

I like OSU in this one... Everyone is siding with Florida, but I have a feeling that Oden will dominate...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #24
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #25
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Is this the first time the same schools are in both the Football and Basketball National Championship game?
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Hibbert going top 5 should be no shock to anyone if it happens, whether you think it's reasonable or not.

It should be a shock to those who follow college bball (and its prospects) and watched Roy Hibbert. You can start a mock draft site and evaluate as you please. How you think nbadraft.net and draftexpress.com started? Think about it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #27
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well I had Florida picked all year to win again (yea not really a reach) and I do not want Oden in the NBA yet (specifically I do not want him on Boston or Milwaukee) so go Florida!

If OSU wins then Oden leaves for sure, 100% gone. If OSU takes a heartbreaking crushing loss then Oden is "only" 98% gone.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #28
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Florida will win convincingly I bet. Odembass will foul out in the first Florida possession of the game.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #29
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

Billy Donovan reminds me of one of those slickster mafiosos from Jersey, probably swears, smokes and gets head from a 20 year old Colombian while still wearing his suit and probably sipping gin.

Quote:
The refs will probably be sucking Florida's staff all night long, and calling BS fouls, getting Oden in foul trouble, and making the game suck. If the game is fairly called, ODen should see 28-32 minutes on the court

Please......Oden fouls like crazy underneath, when he's on the floor he's awesome though. His low-post game is looking good, but he's in foul trouble every game not because "refs are stupid" but because he FOULS. Dude is always pushing down low.

At any rate, I want Florida for my pool but I see OSU winning. I think Oden shows why he's the #1 ranked player in the draft for the first time all year, putting up his first dominant performance of the tournament (he's capable of it regardless of who's underneath), and Conley Jr. is just a balla balla. He's gonna make a great pro, and he reminds me kind of a better Greg Anthony in college, with his defense, control of the game and just overall "the game is ok in my hands" persona. Plus one of their perimeter guys always hits big shots, whether its Lewis, Buter or Lighte.

I think Oden wears out Noah and if Oden stays out of foul trouble i don't know if Horford has his usual great performance. I see Brewer/Humphrey lighting it up from outside but Green struggling with Conley Jr/Butler. I think this is a close one, but I'll go OSU 67-Florida 65. Green misses a 3 just before the buzzer.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #30
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Commercials - 10

Basketball game - 0

This junk is even worse than the NFL.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: