Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default The Official Homework Help Each Other Thread

no I do not have any questions in particular. and no I am not directly offering my services or anything.

but for you high school or even college students, if you need a resource which you never expected, why not come to ISH? we have a large variety of people. you may be surprised at what you find.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Official Homework Help Each Other Thread

Good thinking VC. Congrats on 7,000 posts btw.

I could use some instances where the US supported terrorists. I need to do an oral presentation and I need some sources and examples.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I could have used this thread last week when i was writing a paper on Julius Caesar.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #4
A Loyal NJ Fan
High school junior varsity star

A Loyal NJ Fan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107

I could use some instances where the US supported terrorists. I need to do an oral presentation and I need some sources and examples.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/030607A.shtml
A Loyal NJ Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

I gotta write a 7 page paper on eddie murphy. I'll pay sum1 to do it
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #6
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

To all you college guys; i have to write a 3 page essay on binge drinking in college.

How bad is it where you go and what does the campus do / doesn't do to limit it.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:42 PM   #7
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Quote:

Hope it's not too late, but being that it is from South America and not the Middle East, you may earn some creative points.

Septmber 11, 1973 the U.S. government and CIA aided an extremely violent coup d'etat of Salvador Allende in Chile, even though he had been legally elected in 1970. I think around 3000 innocents died. Very interesting topic, I would definitely recommend it since you're classmates will probably all flock to Taliban related issues. Some links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilean_coup_of_1973
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/WORLD/a....cia.chile.ap/
http://www.ejumpcut.org/archive/onli...ileWallis.html

In one of my film classes we watched a clip of a documentary about this event, it even includes real footage of tanks and soldiers amidst chaos in the streets of Chile. One of the cameramen filming this tragedy was actually shot and killed while filming, but still managed to catch his murderer on film before being shot and dropping the camera. Needless to say, very powerful and very emotional footage that sould score you some big points if you can find it.

*Edit: Forgot the title: Battle of Chile

Last edited by Randy : 04-05-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
To all you college guys; i have to write a 3 page essay on binge drinking in college.

How bad is it where you go and what does the campus do / doesn't do to limit it.

campuses are tough on drinking in dorms if you are underage.

most binge drinking happens in fraternities. they also keep their **** to themselves and the campus police usually do not interfere unless someone's life is at risk.

tough to stop, but it keeps the median GPA level.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #9
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

3 page double spaced? God do I miss high school.

I am a spohomore at CU, which a few years ago was the #1 party school in the nation:

"....Despite a six-year effort to curb binge drinking at the University of Colorado, the school ranked third in widespread use of marijuana, fourth in the prevalence of hard liquor consumption and 11th in the prevalence of beer usage, Princeton Review reported in its 2004 findings. CU also ranked first among schools where students study the least."

Check out the Princeton Review, there is always information there. Here's a couple links I found, I don't know how much they'll help but some good info nonetheless.

http://www.colorado.edu/pba/surveys/...rwj/bingeg.htm
http://www.alcoholpolicymd.com/progr...round_info.htm (about 1/3 down the page is a mention of what CU has done recently. We're all alcoholics here. YAY!!!!)
Old 04-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #10
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Loyal NJ Fan

Sweet. Thanks.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:02 PM   #11
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i also have to write a 3 page essay on binge drinking. i am in poorlilrichs class so help us out.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #12
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy

I am a spohomore at CU, which a few years ago was the #1 party school in the nation:

"....Despite a six-year effort to curb binge drinking at the University of Colorado, the school ranked third in widespread use of marijuana, fourth in the prevalence of hard liquor consumption and 11th in the prevalence of beer usage, Princeton Review reported in its 2004 findings. CU also ranked first among schools where students study the least."

Check out the Princeton Review, there is always information there. Here's a couple links I found, I don't know how much they'll help but some good info nonetheless.

http://www.alcoholpolicymd.com/progr...round_info.htm (about 1/3 down the page is a mention of what CU has done recently. We're all alcoholics here. YAY!!!!)
thanks for that
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
i also have to write a 3 page essay on binge drinking. i am in poorlilrichs class so help us out.

Do you two go to the same school and like know each other?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #14
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy

thanx man

i needed some sources to quote and research
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #15
Randy

Quote:
thanx man

i needed some sources to quote and research

Yeah you bet. If you need first hand accounts or any questions just ask.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: