Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #16
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Why is Joakim Noah a Top 10 prospect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
OK so I'm now just watching the Post Game interviews and such... Now Noahs father Yannick, Top Tennis player in the world in his time who is French and a very well spoken man, His mother is Swdish and a very elegant lady.. Noah was obviously raised in an upper class family never having to want... why does he talk, act and try to come off like some street punk?

He listens to fiddy cent.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:47 PM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
exactly what i was thinking.. unfortunately it is considered cool to act like a street punk.
gads his dad hears that he's gonna wack him upside the head with a tennis racket...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 PM   #18
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Noah is so overrated. I am going to be sorry for the team that drafts him with a top 7 pick. I would take Brewer and Horford over Noah. All Noak does is make hustle plays. I have yet to see any sort of offensive game from him.

NOAH=OVERRATED.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 PM   #19
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Noah = Poor Man's Varejao
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:28 AM   #20
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

He's athletic, good help defender, he has some ball handling skills, and is a pretty good passer. He's an athletic Bogut in my opinion. Best yet, he's extremely coachable it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an elite player come 5 years.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:28 AM   #21
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Wow, I was thinking the EXACT thing. I was calling him the next Varejao for a while now.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:28 AM   #22
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Wow, I was thinking the EXACT thing. I was calling him the next Varejao for a while now.

Yeah he reminds alot of people of Verejao.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:39 AM   #23
Rebel INS
I hit open 5-footers

Rebel INS has decent reputation

people are so quick to name him as overrated but this guy can really be a very solid nba player. Maybe not an all-star, but you can only expect at most 5 all-stars to come out of any draft. It isn't a big deal if he doesn't become an all-star caliber player, the rockets just recently traded their top 10 pick for shane battier who is likely to never get an all star bid.

I personally don't see him as an all-star but if he can be a smarter varejao, that is a dangerous comibination. He can still have a very significant impact for the team that drafts him with his unquestioned effort and energy.

His talents and abilities have "winner" written all over them and i would not regret using a top 10 pick on Noah at all.
Rebel INS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #24
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

He has the hair of an eight year-old girl and the mustache of a twelve year-old boy.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:52 AM   #25
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

He'll be a great NBA player. His style is contagious. While his game is similar to Varejao, he is a rich man's Varejao, not a poor man's. He's got good moves facing up and posting up. He's an excellent defender. He'll be one of the top rebounders in the league. He's one of the past passing big men in the draft. He's got every intangible. And people question Luke Walton being drafted so low
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:38 AM   #26
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I can safely say that the four best players on the court tonight are:

1. Oden
2. Brewer
3. Conley Jr.
4. Green

Dude you need to check your list.... no Al Horrford? Get outta here!

As for Joakim, he's a hustle guy -- not really polished but he reminds me of Dennis Rodman
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:52 AM   #27
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop20
Dude you need to check your list.... no Al Horrford? Get outta here!

As for Joakim, he's a hustle guy -- not really polished but he reminds me of Dennis Rodman
I wrote that at halftime... Horrford really didn't get going until the second half.

Noah = Rodman?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:56 AM   #28
chopchop20

Even before halftime, if you watch college hoops you'd know that Al Horford is a beast. The dude is probably the most skilled big man in college-- if he was 7 foot, he'd be unstoppable.

And yes, Noah reminds me of Rodman -- hard-nosed, scrappy... looks ugly on offense but is effective.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:59 AM   #29
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop20
Even before halftime, if you watch college hoops you'd know that Al Horford is a beast. The dude is probably the most skilled big man in college-- if he was 7 foot, he'd be unstoppable.

And yes, Noah reminds me of Rodman -- hard-nosed, scrappy... looks ugly on offense but is effective.

How old are you??
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:06 AM   #30
chopchop20

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: