Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-03-2007, 03:13 AM   #31
kenuffff
Great young streetballer

Default Re: Why is Joakim Noah a Top 10 prospect?

anyone seen noah's jumper?..because its really bad. i don't envision him being an elite player on the next level. rodman? can you seriously picture him guarding someone like karl malone..enough said. i hope someone wastes a draft pick on him though just like adam morrison and j.j. reddick last year.
kenuffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:20 AM   #32
chopchop20
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenuffff
rodman? can you seriously picture him guarding someone like karl malone..enough said.

Dude is solid on defense -- long, 7 foot range. He has a good motor like Rod, makes hustle plays, and doesn't have an ego.
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:25 AM   #33
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

noah is a late 2nd round talent but will be picked late 1st round
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:26 AM   #34
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenuffff
anyone seen noah's jumper?..because its really bad. i don't envision him being an elite player on the next level. rodman? can you seriously picture him guarding someone like karl malone..enough said. i hope someone wastes a draft pick on him though just like adam morrison and j.j. reddick last year.
morrison has potential but redick sucks
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:41 AM   #35
kenuffff
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
morrison has potential but redick sucks

morrison's defense probably will never improve he is a nice shooter but really..he is a liability. i live in NC i wish they hadn't of picked him but i remember last year everyone was like "oh he is like larry bird" same with noah this year "he is like rodman".
kenuffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:17 AM   #36
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Either Reddick or Morrison would be great fits in either the triangle or Princeton offenses.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #37
apriorist
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
noah is a late 2nd round talent but will be picked late 1st round

He should be picked late first-round or early 2nd round, but will be picked top 15- probably top-10, even.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #38
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Noah is getting underrated now. People talking about him being a late first or even secound round talent? Crazy. He doesn't have the game to be a major part of an NBA offense but he'll finish and can take advantage of his athleticism and length around the basket and should be a good defensive player and rebounder. He's going to get drafted in the lottery, and maybe even the early lottery. This season has me thinking that his teammate Brewer has the makings of a better pro but people are going overboard. Aside from a good jumper and maybe 15 pounds of muscle (which he could definitely add) what's he lacking?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #39
allball
National High School Star

whoa. I'm not the biggest Noah fan but late first round? don't know about that. He's a better player than Varejao who is my boy but Noah has good potential. Now I think his toughness is a little fake and overdone sometimes but the guy can play basketball.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #40
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

NOah= Brian Grant
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #41
adamcz
Bucks fan

I think that Noah is a lock to be a good role-player in the NBA. On offense, the best he'll ever be is 3rd option on a decent team, but there is zero risk that he'll be worthless and out of the league in a few years.

When you're drafting in the top 5, it means you're a bad team and probably need a franchise player. Noah isn't that, so he'll obviously slide later than that. But once you get down to the decent/good teams, they might not want to gamble on somebody with a good NBA body and potential who hasn't shown anything yet (B.Wright), or a foreign player who hasn't been scouted against enough quality competition (Jianlian).

The teams that drafted on potential and ended up with Tskitishvili, Haslip, etc. would probably love to trade those guys in for a sure-fire good/great role player.

I say the first team in the draft who already has a legit franchise player takes him.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #42
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

I hate how the entire world is on his nuts. if he does ANYTHING, the announcers will gush about how much of a competitor he is. um what about the fact that his teammates are the ones doing all the work and all he does is set screens, pass to them, and block a few shots. his teammates are the ones rebounding and scoring and playing team D. and he gets the credit. and he's the top 5 draft choice. I really don't get it. does anyone seriously think this guy is going to carry their team one day? he doesn't have any fking SKILLS... I think that's a prerequisite. ugliest shot I've ever seen, no post moves, way too skinny. I think he's a terrific glue guy, pretty much the best glue guy known to man but this is a deep, talented draft class and you gotta go for more than that.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #43
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Taurean Green leads UF in scoring at 13.3. Noah gets 12.0. As scorers, the starting five are all equals. Rebounding, Noah , at 8.4, only averages one less than Horford, the team leader. A college 8 rpg guy is the equivalent of a pro 10 rpg guy (I know it's harder to board in the NBA, just comparing a 40 minute game to a 48 minute game here). Shooting 61%, he knows his role and does it well. His teammates deserve as much credit as he does but none of them deserves more for the Gators' repeat.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #44
adamcz
Bucks fan

Glue guys are extremely important to teams with franchise players though. A lot of people didn't understand the Battier for Gay trade, but really, two franchise type players is all you can possibly build around. Great players are inevitably going to expect max contracts, and lots of touches. They're bad for chemistry unless they're going to get both of those things.

To a team like the Rockets, Suns, Lakers, Cavs, Heat with great franchise players, Noah is a perfect option.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #45
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Anderson Varejao>Noah Andy is one of the quickest 7 footers in the league. Prob. the quickest. He has fast hands and fast feet. Expect him to devlop a post game this off season. And take over drew goodens spot.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: