Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #16
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Some damn good movies I just purchased/rented

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
could always download it

Unless you have a 60"+ HD TV, you better go to see 300 on IMAX. It's totally worth it. Watching 300 on your little computer screen is a terrible waste.
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:33 PM   #17
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Persuit of Happiness was awesome. Absolutely loved it.

Lucky Number Slevin is another newer favourite of mine.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #18
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

If you want a few movies from 2 years ago check out:

Lucky Number Slevin

and

Thank You For Smoking
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #19
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Not on DVD but go see 300. That movie was sick

Do it FOR SPARTA!!!!!!
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #20
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Thank You For Smoking
YES! Awesome call. Saw this just a little while ago, and it was amazing. The main actor's hilarious.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #21
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Not on DVD but go see 300. That movie was sick
Somebody told me I should check that one out on I Max. Never been to an I Max theater. I'll have to ditch the woman and kids and check that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Blood Diamond is definately one of my top 5 movies of all time. Enjoyable, informative, dramatical and REAL. Should've won best picture in my opinion.

My girlfriend also forced me to watch Lady in the Water last night after the NCAA title game. Wasn't all that bad, kept my interest for a bit. I wouldn't recommend it though.
I saw Lady in the Water I'm a huge N. Cage fan, I don't think I caught on to this movie. Cage has another good one, it's called Lord of War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Dont hold your breath on the end of Children of Men. Waaaaaaay anti-climactic.
Dammit man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
If you want to rent a good older movie, rent "Fresh". That movie is brilliant and was absolutely slept on.
Fresh has been coming on cable lately. Infact I think it's on on demand. I hate it when I go out and get a movie and I get home it's on cable all of the sudden. That happened to me when I went out of my way to rent Hero (Jet Li movie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
You've gotta check out the movie Idiocracy. It's freaking hilarious. Luke Wilson stars in it and it's written and directed by Mike Judge who also wrote and directed Office Space (another hilarious movie) and was the creator of Beavis and Butt-Head.
Office Space is a classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

I started to get that Lucky number SLevin haven't heard to many talking about it.

Also I hear this movie call the Illusionist is good.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:21 AM   #22
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Hey, I didnt tell you WHAT happened. Just that it sucked.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:26 AM   #23
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
Also I hear this movie call the Illusionist is good.

The prestige and the illusionist are both very good movies...check them out. Both have good ending i just get mixed up about what movie is which.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:27 AM   #24
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Stranger Than Fiction wasn't the best movie by Will Ferrell....But Maggie Gyllenhaal is hot...I didn't think so when she first came onto the acting scene...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #25
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Just watched Pursuit of Happyness last night. That was one of the better movies I have seen in a while.

Reminded me of Cinderella Man.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:44 AM   #26
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Have to check out Blood Diamond and Pursuit. Way behind on my movie watching. Last I saw was the Prestige and it was good.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:11 AM   #27
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
[b]
Pursuit of Happyness - Will Smith never had me as a huge fan. But this movie here! My man did some flawless acting. I mean, I aint one to get to emotional over a movie, but I was sucked in. And his son was a natural. If you are a parent, you get kind of choked up watching this. It's an every man's story.

does anyone know why they misspelled "happiness" in the title of Pursuit of Happyness?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:25 AM   #28
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
does anyone know why they misspelled "happiness" in the title of Pursuit of Happyness?
In the movie, the Korean owned day care Chris' (Will Smith) son goes to, they spelled the Thomas Jefferson quote incorrectly in a painting on the front of the building.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:31 AM   #29
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
In the movie, the Korean owned day care Chris' (Will Smith) son goes to, they spelled the Thomas Jefferson quote incorrectly in a painting on the front of the building.

ahh, thanks. thats been bugging the hell out of me.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:36 AM   #30
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Do it FOR SPARTA!!!!!!

That movie got me sooo hyped. I was almost ready to go war and be like a navy seal. Well not really really but it was prob the closest I'll ever get to wanting to fight for my country.

Seriously my favorite movie that has something to do with war because its something I can watch it over again. I cant watch most war movies over again. But I can watch King Leonidas all day, that dude is pimp.

Its funny because I told my religion prof about 300 and he hated it and said that the way they demonized the persians was tragic.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: