Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-04-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far
Default It's not only Muslims who are easily incited. (video)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4SRyffEbJ50

Now, this is super-highly offensive to Thais, but the comments do seem a little over the top. The man depicted in the movie is the king of Thailand, and he's regarded pretty much as a demigod. I hope somebody sets the US embassy on fire over this, that'd be hilarious.

Youtube is blocked here in Thailand now because of this. Don't see that changing for a while.

Ah, freedom of speech, it's not for everyone.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:45 AM   #2
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: It's not only Muslims who are easily incited. (video)

Some Dutch dude in Chiang Mai got 75 years for spray painting 5 public portraits of the King. Fifteen years per pic.

Can't falk with the King. I have a picture of the King with Elvis (the King and the King) its pretty dope. Im a big Bhumibol fan
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Wow. Those reactions by the Thai people were something around the lines to what a Muslim would do on a video of Muhammad.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Some Dutch dude in Chiang Mai got 75 years for spray painting 5 public portraits of the King. Fifteen years per pic.

Can't falk with the King. I have a picture of the King with Elvis (the King and the King) its pretty dope. Im a big Bhumibol fan

He was Swiss, and he got like ten years.

Man, I like Boomer (as I like to call him), and he's done an incredible job holding together this chaotic-ass country for sixty-some years, but it's funny how the new government has to crack down so hard on lese majeste infringements when a while back the king himself said he didn't really completely approve of those laws.

Not too long ago I fumbled my change in a bathroom and just caught it with my feet, and a dude wanted to beat me up. I just barely reasoned my way out of it by comparing the impact that the soles of my shoes would make on the king's face versus leaving the coins under a toilet bowl while people **** on him all day. I got some serious glares, but I came out alive. It's not a healthy obsession that the Thais have, considering Boomer's age.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: