Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-04-2007, 02:40 AM   #16
0ne50
Local High School Star

Default Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Type in English please.

And you're wrong.
I thought all grammar queens are sleep at this time of night. I must be wrong again.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:47 AM   #17
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:02 AM   #18
FabCasablancas
Banned

alias boy replying to his own topics again..
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:23 AM   #19
Jabes
Banned

That's badass. I thought he would be somewhat timid around the shark and keep his distance, but he actually goes out of his way to **** with it - smacking it in the face and grabbing it's tail . That shark got pwned.
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 AM   #20
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
There is no such thing as a shark attack on humans. If a human is fcuking around in a shark's territory, they be tresspassing and deserve to get ate up. Know if a human was somewhere a human is supposed to be; say like at the ATM and a shark showed up and ate him that would be a shark attack.

That's pretty much how I feel too. We have no business being in the ocean so if we get attacked it's our fault really.

And as someone else said, the great whites aernt attacking you cause they are vicious killing machines, their just checking you out and since they don't have any arms the only way they can do that is by taking a quick bite which to them isn't a big deal, but to us is a missing limb.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #21
Darsh
Good college starter

man i LOVE sharks. Easily the coolest animal(animal?) on the planet.

but the thing i liked best was the deftones music as the backing track
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #22
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
man i LOVE sharks. Easily the coolest animal(animal?) on the planet.

but the thing i liked best was the deftones music as the backing track
Was that the Deftones? I thought it was a Perfect Circle.... sounded like Maynard... huh?

Btw, at the highest taxonomic classification, fish are in Kingdom Animalia (as opposed to protista or plantae), so they are clearly animals from a scientific standpoint. The key is that they are multicellular, capable of locomotion, and respond to their environment.

Fish are fairly advanced, they have vertebrae, circulatory systems, and a brain. They are clearly not plants or single celled organisms.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #23
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Yeah whatever man, we all know Sharks are viruses, which means it's debatable whether they are even "alive"

Seriously though, sharks are indeed wicked, I can't wait to go shark fishing this summer (scientific collection). We have a wicked shark population here in the Bay of Fundy, in fact the largest Great White ever was caught on Grand Manan Island (beautiful place) back in the 30s. It was the largest great white ever reported at 11.28m or 37' long. The oil from the liver amounted to 955 litres (210 gal) and the stomach contained two and one-half seals.

Last edited by kwajo : 04-04-2007 at 12:06 PM.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:01 PM   #24
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Was that the Deftones? I thought it was a Perfect Circle.... sounded like Maynard... huh?

Btw, at the highest taxonomic classification, fish are in Kingdom Animalia (as opposed to protista or plantae), so they are clearly animals from a scientific standpoint. The key is that they are multicellular, capable of locomotion, and respond to their environment.

Fish are fairly advanced, they have vertebrae, circulatory systems, and a brain. They are clearly not plants or single celled organisms.

Yeah its deftones, they are my favorite rock band of all time. But i listen to rap more nowadays. The first song is called passenger and it features Maynard so you werent wrong in that sense :)
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:16 PM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Yeah whatever man, we all know Sharks are viruses, which means it's debatable whether they are even "alive"

Seriously though, sharks are indeed wicked, I can't wait to go shark fishing this summer (scientific collection). We have a wicked shark population here in the Bay of Fundy, in fact the largest Great White ever was caught on Grand Manan Island (beautiful place) back in the 30s. It was the largest great white ever reported at 11.28m or 37' long. The oil from the liver amounted to 955 litres (210 gal) and the stomach contained two and one-half seals.
There is absolutely no reason to go shark fishing. They are not over-populated and are being over-fished around the world for no good reason. People want to say 'I caught a shark' or mount it on a wall or make shark fin soup...

They are the ocean's natural cleaner and are essential to the eco-system.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #26
jaydacris
Rose

id rather go swim with dolphins
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #27
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
There is no such thing as a shark attack on humans. If a human is fcuking around in a shark's territory, they be tresspassing and deserve to get ate up. Know if a human was somewhere a human is supposed to be; say like at the ATM and a shark showed up and ate him that would be a shark attack.

Classic
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Yeah its deftones, they are my favorite rock band of all time. But i listen to rap more nowadays. The first song is called passenger and it features Maynard so you werent wrong in that sense :)
Nice. I just downloaded that album. I'm into Tool and APC... never really got into the Deftones. This album sounds like the bomb. Maynard is the man.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: