Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far
Default Some damn good movies I just purchased/rented

Blood Diamond - I This was a tight action movie. It kept me on edge, I was like what gonna happen next. Lots of gun play. i really liked this one.

Pursuit of Happyness - Will Smith never had me as a huge fan. But this movie here! My man did some flawless acting. I mean, I aint one to get to emotional over a movie, but I was sucked in. And his son was a natural. If you are a parent, you get kind of choked up watching this. It's an every man's story.

Stranger than Fiction - :) I was caught off guard. I wasn't expecting Will Ferrel in this kind of movie. The intricate plot kept my attention. Not as good as the other two but I think I liked this one too.

Children of Men - I haven't watched the who movie yet but it looks like it's going to be good also

Departed - This has already been discussed, I think most of you like it as well as myself.

That's 5 for 5 in picking out movies for me. That's damn good. It's must've been a good year for movies. 'Cause I can remember like two years ago there wasn't a single good movie released for the whole years.

Anybody else seen any other these movies? What do you think about them and are there anymore new movies out on DVD that I should check out?
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Some damn good movies I just purchased/rented

My bad I meant to post this in the Off Court Forum
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #3
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Not on DVD but go see 300. That movie was sick
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #4
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Not on DVD but go see 300. That movie was sick

could always download it
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #5
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

I'm still waiting for Pursuit of Happiness and Def Poetry Jam Season 4 from my Blockbuster Online subscription. I should go back to Netflix because the turnaround time returning DVDs and getting your next ones is ridiculous on Blockbuster
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Blood Diamond is definately one of my top 5 movies of all time. Enjoyable, informative, dramatical and REAL. Should've won best picture in my opinion.

My girlfriend also forced me to watch Lady in the Water last night after the NCAA title game. Wasn't all that bad, kept my interest for a bit. I wouldn't recommend it though.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #7
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Dont hold your breath on the end of Children of Men. Waaaaaaay anti-climactic.

Last edited by picc84 : 04-03-2007 at 11:19 PM.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Out of those I REALLY liked The Departed and Stranger than Fiction. Great movies. The others were solid but fairly forgettable for me.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #9
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Of the movies mentioned so far, I really liked Children of Men & 300 (though I have a feeling 300 won't be nearly as good on a screen at home as it was in the theatre). I haven't seen Blood Diamond yet, maybe I'll rent it this weekend.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:50 PM   #10
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Blood Diamond is the best movie I've seen this year. Superb acting by everyone.
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #11
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Dont hold your breath on the end of Children of End. Waaaaaaay anti-climactic.

I was pretty mad......
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:04 PM   #12
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

harsh times was one helluva entertaining movie

not good but entertaining.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:07 PM   #13
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

If you want to rent a good older movie, rent "Fresh". That movie is brilliant and was absolutely slept on.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #14
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

You've gotta check out the movie Idiocracy. It's freaking hilarious. Luke Wilson stars in it and it's written and directed by Mike Judge who also wrote and directed Office Space (another hilarious movie) and was the creator of Beavis and Butt-Head.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
could always download it

Where do you download your movies from? I wanted to see that one movie The Lookout but it didn't come out at the local theater.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: