Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Donavon? or Does Thomas has to coach?

Billy Donavon has taken a class of decent high schoolers and players that were not sought out by the nba 3 or 4 years ago and made them champions and possibly (well surely) 3 lottery picks and a 2 time championship caliber team.

Thomas got an extention but does his contract say to coach and be president AND GM?

Thomas sucks as a GM , But he would prove to be a good president if he signs this coach. As a coach hes not bad at all a couple of bad decisions here and there but remember he is a young coach he is learning himself.

Donavon can create team work, defense, and hustle and i think he would play the best players not the best contracts.

We all know he would do better then 23 wins.

And MAYBE JUST MAYBE he would let Lee start for the Gator tradition
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Donavon? or Does Thomas has to coach?

1. Hiring a new coach would mean Thomas giving up some power, and that is not going to happen. The guy loves himself. Secondly Thomas has already proven that he has no idea how to hire a coach. Lenny Wilkens, Larry Brown, Herb Williams etc.etc. he could not exist with any of them. I remember when Herb was the coach and the reports were in the paper that Thomas was down playing at the practices. I don't think he can co-exist with a coach, because he believes he is the best.

2. Thomas has gotten the team to play hard for him and he has good motivational techniques, but overall he is an average to slightly below average coach, and he is not really a young coach anymore

3. As far as Billy Donovan goes, college coaches just don't seem to be a success in the NBA. It just does not work. I think Donovan is a great coach and his stock is really high right now, but I just don't think he would translate into a good NBA coach. The responsibilities of a College coach are completely different from that of a NBA coach
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Donavon? or Does Thomas has to coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
Billy Donavon has taken a class of decent high schoolers and players that were not sought out by the nba 3 or 4 years ago and made them champions and possibly (well surely) 3 lottery picks and a 2 time championship caliber team.

Thomas got an extention but does his contract say to coach and be president AND GM?

Thomas sucks as a GM , But he would prove to be a good president if he signs this coach. As a coach hes not bad at all a couple of bad decisions here and there but remember he is a young coach he is learning himself.

Donavon can create team work, defense, and hustle and i think he would play the best players not the best contracts.

We all know he would do better then 23 wins.

And MAYBE JUST MAYBE he would let Lee start for the Gator tradition

donovan isnt coming here hes either staying at florida or taking the kentucky job.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: