Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-04-2007, 08:11 PM   #76
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation
Default Re: Kevin Garnett opens up about losing, AI and his future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef-f7EeDpYI

clip is old and most have seen it, but obviously some here hasn't.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #77
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Unless Greg Oden comes out and the Cs get the #1 pick, I'd like to see Ainge deal the pick, Ratliff's expirer, and Szczerbiak to Minnesota for Garnett. That way Pierce and Garnett get each other (and Al Jefferson, too) Minnie gets market value in return for their superstar, and the Cs get to win the East with a solid shot at Green 17. Everyone goes home happy.

Is Wally, expirer, and draft pick "market value" for KG? Wally's contract is brutal. If that draft pick was definately Durant, then maybe...otherwise, that deal blows.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #78
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if that pick is top 5, it's definitely worth it
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:01 PM   #79
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Is Wally, expirer, and draft pick "market value" for KG? Wally's contract is brutal. If that draft pick was definately Durant, then maybe...otherwise, that deal blows.
You're wrong, that's a great deal.

KG will not bring back more than Shaq or Barkley did.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #80
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

It's pretty amazing nobody talks about that interview on youtube that was put in here. It was breathtaking for me. Although I don't agree with Garnett about not being able to accept losing of any kind, I respect him for that a lot. It was an interview worth watching, something a conversation should be about.

Also, he is one of my favorite players in the league, although I don't especially like watching him play. However, I like watching a real, authentuc dude compete. His loyalty is something that should be respected a lot more than it is being actually respected. kBlaze nailed it, though. I agree with him to the fullest.

Garnett is definitely in the top 3 for me in the last 10 years. Up there with Duncan, right after Shaq. Actually I think he is a better player than Duncan, it's just his style of play and unselfishness causing him problems. But I do think that Duncan's real advantage over him is his franchise abd the way the Spurs are handling matters. It's so sad that fans label Garnett a loser. He is not. The Wolves are.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #81
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
You're wrong, that's a great deal.

KG will not bring back more than Shaq or Barkley did.

IF the pick is Durant/Oden, then its fair. If it's not, Wally's crappy contract, an expirer, and what Wright? Noah? THAT'S NOT a "great deal".
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #82
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
Kevin Garnett drives me crazy. I much as I enjoy his game, the fact that I'm reading about this bull**** is absurd. Kevin Garnett handstrung the small-market Wolves with his greed. But the team is the most important thing to him right?

Oh, NOW its the most important thing? After you've pocketed well over 200 million from the Wolves, a large portion of what the entire team is WORTH?? AT LEAST 25 percent of that should have been put towards the team around him, maybe they wouldn't suck so bad then. This guy is not very smart. Idiot dug his own grave, and he can't even man up and sit in it. Baby.

ur a freakin idiot. thats all i have to say to you sir
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:45 PM   #83
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Right. You asked sakf, but I gave my opinion anyway. No harm intended. But cmon dude, if Minny keeps their pick its in the top ten and they're not trading it for Bibby. They need young talent. They are done adding high-salaried vets. Glen Taylor said so simself.

KG doesnt need anymore young players and wait for them to develop. he needs veteran help. he's already got plenty of young talent in foye, mccants and smith.

i just hope KG would forget about bein so loyal and demand a trade like everyone else in this business would do if they were in the same situation.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #84
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Right. You asked sakf, but I gave my opinion anyway. No harm intended. But cmon dude, if Minny keeps their pick its in the top ten and they're not trading it for Bibby. They need young talent. They are done adding high-salaried vets. Glen Taylor said so simself.

KG doesnt need anymore young players and wait for them to develop. he needs veteran help. he's already got plenty of young talent in foye, mccants and smith.

i just hope KG would forget about bein so loyal and demand a trade like everyone else in this business would do if they were in the same situation.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #85
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far

KG is the realest person in professional sports ever and one of the best players to ever play the game. I want him to win almost as much as i want the raptors to win. But I dont even see this draft doing anything for him in terms of a championship, even with durant or Oden by his side. I hope someone can prove me wrong cuz I really want dude to win.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:59 PM   #86
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

If the wolves can't get a lot back for Garnett, there's no point in trading him.

Going nowhere with Garnett>>>Going nowhere without Garnett
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #87
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

KG needs to lower his SALARY to get Minnesota to get more good players, KG is eating up the cap so much, KG imo is not worth 21 million, KG can help the WOlves by resigning and downgrade his SALARY to about 12 million a yr, ONLY THEN he can get my sympathy but for now he's nothing but an overpaid washed up vet.
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #88
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
KG needs to lower his SALARY to get Minnesota to get more good players, KG is eating up the cap so much, KG imo is not worth 21 million, KG can help the WOlves by resigning and downgrade his SALARY to about 12 million a yr, ONLY THEN he can get my sympathy but for now he's nothing but an overpaid washed up vet.

KG has lowered his salary and what did management do???? used it to sign players like mike james and troy hudson and players like that to fat contracts. if u wanna complain about a timberwolf's paycheck, start with hudson or james or hassell...not the guy who puts forth 110% every night even though he's stuck with a few nbadl players on his team
Old 04-04-2007, 11:53 PM   #89
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Anyway, Bibby for the pick+THud and Mike James sound good to you?
I'd do it, yeah.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #90
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

So would the T-Wolves do a Eddy Curry and Steve Francis for KG and a 2nd round pick? The salaries match up and it gives the Knicks a much better player to run the offense through while giving the Wolves an up and coming center for the future who can easily put down 20 points a night and a former all-star who still has plenty of game left in him...
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: