Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #16
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: AS Roma Versus Manchester United Champions League Play Airing Right Now On ES

For being an Italian team, I was very surprised to see how much Roma attacked. It was pretty fun to watch.

I think ManU is still in good position. All they need is 1-0 at Old Trafford. I also think Chelsea has it in them to score a goal in Valencia. I don't want to see a 3 team English Semifinal, so I hope either United or Chelsea lose.

at Scholes.

Last edited by thekavorka : 04-04-2007 at 06:42 PM.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #17
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OT: AS Roma Versus Manchester United Champions League Play Airing Right Now On ESPN 2

I don't know if they can shut Roma out.

I hate 1-0 games in the second leg where you're on the edge of your seat every time the opposing team has the ball inside your end.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:42 PM   #18
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: AS Roma Versus Manchester United Champions League Play Airing Right Now On ES

Roma actually plays an attacking football. They've been the most attractive Italian team for years now with Inter second.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
Soccer10
Banned

Roma fans are idiots. I always liked them and I thought Lazio fans were bad but I just heard the news that many ManUtd fans got stabbed, one guy got a knife in his throat, he is in serious condition in hospital. And the italian police...well, I posted a vid.
Roma fans also made the monkey sound to Saha when he entered the pitch.

Italy is a disgrace.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #20
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
Roma fans are idiots. I always liked them and I thought Lazio fans were bad but I just heard the news that many ManUtd fans got stabbed, one guy got a knife in his throat, he is in serious condition in hospital. And the italian police...well, I posted a vid.

Italy is a disgrace.

When it comes to racism, Spain is just as bad.

As for what happened in the crowd, holy ****. That's awful. I hope something really bad happens to that cop.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #21
Soccer10
Banned

Default Re: OT: AS Roma Versus Manchester United Champions League Play Airing Right Now On ESPN 2

Fans in the USA don't understand how extreme it can get in Europe.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #22
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Just wanted to say that Man United should've lost that game by at least 3 goals. Their defense was pathetic. Roma laid back for some reason after going up 1-0 and let Man U back in it. They got the goal back but it's going to be difficult to come out of the next match with a draw as they lost one of their main playmakers.(Perrotta)

Next week's match should be fun though.

Quote:
Fans in the USA don't understand how extreme it can get in Europe.

And thank goodness for it.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:51 PM   #23
Soccer10
Banned

Pizzaro? Anyway, I'm not worried Manchester will come on top and win the CL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
And thank goodness for it.

I know what you mean. I prefer a US style. I mean, it's sports. It's supposed to be entertainment after all.

Many people in Europe have died just for for supporting their team. Many get beat up all the team. Many will never recover again. How nuts is that?

Really, fans in Europe do get a bit carried away and the sad thing is that most players once they get fame and money start considering those fans as losers....and those fans would do everything for the team lol.

Insane. Glad I'm not like that although I also got beat up once for supporting the wrong team.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #24
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

United will still advance. As dak said, Roma should have scored at least 3 especially with the Scholes sending off.

Not-so-Sidenote: Did anyone see David Villa's goal this morning? Wow. Just wow.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #25
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wayne rooney=the best player on the planet!
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #26
Soccer10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyking

Not-so-Sidenote: Did anyone see David Villa's goal this morning? Wow. Just wow.

It was evening here.

Anyway, yeah it was a beautiful goal. Go Valencia!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #27
Soccer10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
wayne rooney=the best player on the planet!

Not even close this year. Some United fans are starting to doubt him.

I think he's a great player and will bounce back but this definitely wasn't his year despite United playing so well. Even he will tell you that.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:54 PM   #28
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

nah rooney is top 10 but thats it.

I didnt watch the game because i was at the dallas cup watchign a super group U19 game at pizza hut park. Sao paola vs. shamrock (some irish team) and sao paolo was up 5-1 when i left.

Anyways, Man utd is dominant and will probably come back and take it
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:35 AM   #29
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i dont care what u say if i had to take one player i the world on my team it would be rooney. hes nasty
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #30
orfeomorfeo-ita
I hit open layups

orfeomorfeo-ita has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Italy is a disgrace.

Yep... you're right.. and then there were thos guys.. don't remember where they where from.. that during a final killed almost 40 fans of the other team by stamping on them.. where were they from.. oh, yes. Liverpool. England is a disgrace.

And then there where this guys, you know, that last year kept hitting each other and burning and putting to war an entire city.. suburbs of paris..ban...ban something.. oh, yep! Banlieu.. France is a disgrace..

and then.. hmm. there were this guys all dressed in white that kept burning churches and black people, possibly together.. but you know what.. I can't remembere where they were from.. could you help me there?

orfeomofeo.

Pah! at nationalisms and racisms.
orfeomorfeo-ita is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: