Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Does Zeke deserve an apology from the critics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
I don't know how much I buy that theory. Jerome James just sucks, he's not a puzzle piece that doesn't fit. Jared Jeffries isn't particularly talented either. And he greatly goes out of his way to pick up guys like Curry and Crawford and Richardson (overpaying + giving up draft picks). He simply doesn't target the right free agents in the off season.

You gotta buy my thoery when you all but agreed with me in your post.

Read the bold and then tell me how that isnt what i implied in my post? I all but said he can target individual talent but putting them together, putting guys who compliment one another together doesnt work. Jeffries is talented...it all depends on your expecations of him. Once we establish what you envision with him and what he is...then you can better evaluate and judge him. To say he isnt talented is offbase...to say he wasnt a need or doesnt fit in the scheme of things is valid.

You can get rid of the NYK franchise...make players free agents and each player can help a franchise in the NBA. But as a "Team" i never liked the makeup and still dont. GMs are also responsible for putting together the proper pieces so it can work...not to randomly grab talented guys, throw them together and force it to work. The whole Francis/Mabury thing we all knew wouldnt work from the get go. Why? Well you know why. Goes back to my point and your point in bold. He's going to he grocery store and not filling up the fridge and cubbards with the essentials to make breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. Handing out bad deals coincides with this.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #17
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
He has made some mistakes... but Everything gets magnified cos it NY
You hit it right on the nose.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Zeke doesn't deserve an apology for anything until/unless he gets this team to the playoffs. and even then, he's been in control of the team for 3+ years.

So even if he does deserve an apology you wont give it to him out of spite for what he has done overall? Pretty stubborn dont ya think?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #19
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
James and Jeffries were playing really well with their previous teams - its diffciult to see that coming

Everyone in the world other than you and Isiah saw the James disaster coming. Most people didn't like the Jeffries signing at the time either.

Quote:
Richardson was a great player for Phoenix, but he just lost it (injuries maybe)

He made a million threes by taking a million threes. He has a bad contract which is why PHX traded him. Him and Crawford are redundant, so whomever came second (I forget) was really dumb.

Quote:
Curry and Crawford are good players

But not worth their contracts. You don't give up picks for the privelage of taking on untradeable contracts.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So even if he does deserve an apology you wont give it to him out of spite for what he has done overall? Pretty stubborn dont ya think?
Does Danny Ainge get a pass in Boston because of the good young talent he's drafted? No. You can't overlook the bad decisions he's made overall just because of a couple of good/decent draft choices. I wouldn't exactly call Renaldo Balkman Dennis Rodman as he's been compared to.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Does Danny Ainge get a pass in Boston because of the good young talent he's drafted? No. You can't overlook the bad decisions he's made overall just because of a couple of good/decent draft choices. I wouldn't exactly call Renaldo Balkman Dennis Rodman as he's been compared to.

You're missing the point. During the draft night Zeke was ROASTED FOR DRAFTING Balkman. Almost a year later Balkman doesnt look like the "reach" he was claimed to be. Therefore people who ROASTED ZEKE FOR DRAFTING BALKMAN at 20 owe him an apology? Its that damn simple. I dont see why you are making this difficult. Its 1 situation where one person was roasted and as it turns the pie is on thier faces (myself included). 1 + 1 = 2.

Wise up for your sake. If you dont wanna give him an apology so be it. But your reasoning is irrelevant because you are factoring in his decisions of the past thus eliminating the FACT he was roasted unfairly last draft. To me that screams I'm a stuborn s.o.b and i refuse to give an apology for being wrong.

Do fans read topics or skim thru it?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #22
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Zeke likely does deserve an apology from critics...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #23
FPower
Local High School Star

Quote:
Goes back to my point and your point in bold. He's going to he grocery store and not filling up the fridge and cubbards with the essentials to make breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack.

In the draft he seems to recognize which players are the most talented compared to their peers. I don't feel like he does that in free agency. He seems to target the free agents with the least amount of talent. I don't agree that the players on the Knicks roster would be that useful to other teams. If they were, they'd be tradeable assets. Nobody wants them.

Maybe you see it differently, but I consider overpaying a player failing to judge the guy's talent level. If a guy's worth 2 million a year, and you're paying him 5, you're not evaluating him correctly. He seems to do fine in the draft, so why can't he evaluate NBA players?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #24
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

James was beasting for Seattle - nobody really knew he would come in out of shape - were you eating burgers with him at KFC? Its easy to say after the reports came in during training camp. The media were spotlighting right on it looking to sell papers by nailing Isiahs coffin

Jeffries is a versatile 2-4 player, who played great for Wiz. People didnt like it because they already had swingman, not because of Jeffries talent.

Richardson was a good 3 point shooter, but he also had an explosive back to the basket game and a solid defender. I'm pretty sure he has had injury and personal issues

Why do the contracts of Curry and Crawford have to be tradeable? They got a future allstar centre and a brilliant scoring guard

They are all good players, but circumstance and the NY spotlight stuffed things up a bit.

But NY is going ok at the moment

Last edited by G-train : 04-04-2007 at 10:27 PM.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You're missing the point. During the draft night Zeke was ROASTED FOR DRAFTING Balkman. Almost a year later Balkman doesnt look like the "reach" he was claimed to be. Therefore people who ROASTED ZEKE FOR DRAFTING BALKMAN at 20 owe him an apology? Its that damn simple. I dont see why you are making this difficult. Its 1 situation where one person was roasted and as it turns the pie is on thier faces (myself included). 1 + 1 = 2.

Wise up for your sake. If you dont wanna give him an apology so be it. But your reasoning is irrelevant because you are factoring in his decisions of the past thus eliminating the FACT he was roasted unfairly last draft. To me that screams I'm a stuborn s.o.b and i refuse to give an apology for being wrong.

Do fans read topics or skim thru it?

lol, so Gobb where are you gonna send your apology letter? Do you have his address or maybe you have his cell phone number?

Anyways, the Knicks with the 2nd worse record in the NBA last year, and he was roasted for picking Balkman because people felt that Isaiah needed to pick someone who would be a big difference maker. Somehow Marcus Williams slips all the way down to 22, but yet with the 20th pick, he decides to take Balkman, a player that is worthy of the second round. What is one of the Knicks biggest needs? A good pass-first pg. Think about it, had they selected Marcus Williams, Marbury could move back to his natural position of SG and he wouldn't have to worry about passing. Put 2 and 2 together here
Old 04-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #26
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Richardson was a great player for Phoenix, but he just lost it (injuries maybe)

he wasnt really that good in Phoenix. He only shot 38% for them overall and 35% from 3 point land. With all the open looks he was getting that year he should have had a better shooting %. Also, as soon as he got to the Suns he pretty much stopped posting people up which he was starting to become good at in LA.

Last edited by kentatm : 04-04-2007 at 10:28 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #27
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

I think Q is a good player, but I'm sure injury and personal issues have affected him.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 PM   #28
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

marbury could not play 2 next to M Williams at the one... thats a disaster worse than the Francis/Marbury backcourt
Old 04-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #29
FPower
Local High School Star

Quote:
James was beasting for Seattle - nobody really knew he would come in out of shape - were you eating burgers with him at KFC? Its easy to say after the reports came in during training camp. The media were spotlighting right on it looking to sell papers by nailing Isiahs coffin

The fact that you're defending the Jerome James signing means I'm done debating with you. 100% of the poster on the forum (other than some poor hopeful Knick fans) said it was a horrible signing the day it was inked. You don't spend 30 million dollars on a guy who had a couple of good months going into free agency after a career of being nothing.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #30
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
marbury could not play 2 next to M Williams at the one... thats a disaster worse than the Francis/Marbury backcourt
Why do you say that? explain...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: