Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #61
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Does Zeke deserve an apology from the critics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
I am sorry, but he got 7.9 carrer average.
I was talking about his average on the knicks...
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #62
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

still, most anaylsts claim that he could sign him undrafted because no one wanted him and most certainly get him with 29th
you can never know 100% but that's a major opinion
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #63
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

i most certainly believes he deserves one...i still pick them to make the playoffs...because the magics arent ready nor do they deserve imo...they have bin slunking off playing poorly...zeke's squad won way more games than they did last season...and that is so commendable
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 PM   #64
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
i most certainly believes he deserves one...i still pick them to make the playoffs...because the magics arent ready nor do they deserve imo...they have bin slunking off playing poorly...zeke's squad won way more games than they did last season...and that is so commendable
They won 23 games last year... If they had won LESS that 23 games, Zeke would go down as one of the worst coaches of all time.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #65
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
still, most anaylsts claim that he could sign him undrafted because no one wanted him and most certainly get him with 29th
you can never know 100% but that's a major opinion

If analysts know so much about who goes where and what teams dont want this player and the third...then why dont they open up nba mock draft websites? Analysts arent that bright when it comes to claiming who was a reach and who was a steal. Remember Jay Bilas on Josh Smith in front of the entire world? As of today he has been thru 10 operating to remove his foot from his mouth.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #66
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i don't know if zeke deserves an apology, but deke does! stop calling him 50 years old!
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #67
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I heard Mutombo was gonna be in Blood Diamond opposite Dicaprio but he couldnt say "My son!!!" without it sounding wrong. So he lost the part. :
Old 04-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #68
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If analysts know so much about who goes where and what teams dont want this player and the third...then why dont they open up nba mock draft websites? Analysts arent that bright when it comes to claiming who was a reach and who was a steal. Remember Jay Bilas on Josh Smith in front of the entire world? As of today he has been thru 10 operating to remove his foot from his mouth.

by analysts, i also mean mock drafts...no one had balkman in first round and some predicted him to go undrafted.
again, you can NEVER know, that's why mock drafts are never 100% or even 60-70% accurate but interest for balkman was definitely very low, according to most writers.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #69
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
by analysts, i also mean mock drafts...no one had balkman in first round and some predicted him to go undrafted.
again, you can NEVER know, that's why mock drafts are never 100% or even 60-70% accurate but interest for balkman was definitely very low, according to most writers.

I dont think it was considering he made noise in the tournaments and when he worked out/played for scouts/gm's he left an impression.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #70
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
I dont think it was considering he made noise in the tournaments and when he worked out/played for scouts/gm's he left an impression.
Question. Are his 4.8 points and 4.2 boards really enough to say that it was a good pickup on the basis of energy. And especially drafting a guy who's playing at an overloaded forward position. Also, are we discounting that Isaiah is the reason why the team with the second worst record in the NBA was not even able to get a top 14 game changing player?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #71
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Zeke drafted Balkman at 20. He got roasted for REACHING. Should he be owed an apology from the critics since the pick doesnt look like a REACH afterall?

No, he doesn't deserve an apology for one simple reason. I don't care if Balkman came out better than Shaq, he could have been had later in the draft.

Isiah could have done several of things. He could have gambled and tried to get Balkman in the second round.

He could have traded down, possibly unloading one of those high priced players the Knicks have had for the last 3 seasons. Maybe they could have traded Jalen Rose instead of having to buy him out (Possibly not, considering his age and what he was making, but maybe).

He could have drafted another player.

The point is not what Balkman's doing now, but the value of the pick at the time. Balkman could have been easily had later in the draft. They squandered it, instead of using it for better options.

Maybe they couldn't have used M. Williams, but they could have traded the pick for a team that did.

I know the Cavs had to have been salivating that he dropped as low as he did until the Nets nabbed him with one of their picks.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #72
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Balkman is even better considering he is listed 6'8, but measured 6'5 at draft camp

I was going through the draft list. How can a guy be a shade over 6'5", and get listed at 6'8"?
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: