Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Could we stink any worse!!!!!!!!!!!

This is killing me.

I shut the game off.......

We stink........

Zeke stinks......

I stink........

I have a really bad attitude right now and I'm sick of this team with their poor defense and turnovers.

Enough already.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Could we stink any worse!!!!!!!!!!!

The Knicks Blew It, Lottery For Bulls.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:25 PM   #3
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

At last! I now understand Knicks basketball.

the Knicks are ...

too young

too immature

missing a veteran leader

incappable of not turning the ball over

slouches on defense!

the last word is the most important one

inconsistent

Some games they have it turned on, while others they look careless. They have talent, but these guys don't know how to win. All the talent in the world isin't going to get you an NBA ring, it's about having the right type of mindset and using the fundamentals of the game and just playing with passion.

Will Eddy Curry ever learn?
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:15 AM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh

I've been asking myself that since they signed him to the Knicks.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:38 AM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If we compare the Knicks payroll to their record, then they are the worst team in the League. They only played well enough for their boss to get that extension. Then they went back to "I don't care" basketball.

If someone uses injuries anymore, they really haven't been watching.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #6
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh
At last! I now understand Knicks basketball.

the Knicks are ...

too young

too immature

missing a veteran leader

incappable of not turning the ball over

slouches on defense!

the last word is the most important one

inconsistent

Some games they have it turned on, while others they look careless. They have talent, but these guys don't know how to win. All the talent in the world isin't going to get you an NBA ring, it's about having the right type of mindset and using the fundamentals of the game and just playing with passion.

You just needed to look at the ages and the NBA years of the players to reach that conclusion, it's Marbury and a bunch of kids right now... and Zeke should be playing Morris too... a string of heartbreaking losses, but i'm liking what i see.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

This was one of the first games that it seemed like Marbury had a good game yet the Knicks didn't show up. It seems that he leads by example but the Knicks are starting to fall apart. I can't wait for the season to end and next season to start because this one is ending painfully...
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #8
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
You just needed to look at the ages and the NBA years of the players to reach that conclusion, it's Marbury and a bunch of kids right now... and Zeke should be playing Morris too... a string of heartbreaking losses, but i'm liking what i see.

To me there is very little to be liking about the Knicks right now. Balkman is playing hard and well but other than that there is not much that is inspiring about how this team is playing, especially since they have lost 9 of their last 11.

Youth may be an excuse for somethings, but not playing defense is not one of them. Curry, Marbury and Jefferies are all vets so its not like we are the fab five out there.

The team just has very low basketball IQ, and I think it is hard to say whether it is because some of the players are young, or because they are just not talented and will never be able to understand the game.

Case in point in the third quarter last night, Knicks have the ball and there is about 6 seconds left on the shot clock. Instead of penetrating or pulling up for a jumper, they drive halfway and dump it to Curry. Curry has no idea how many seconds are left in the shot clock and holds the ball over his head, the double team comes he cant pass out of it and the 24 second shot clock goes off. Curry does that alot this season so thats his fault, but as a guard or forward you have to know that with 4-5 seconds left in the shot clock you cant be dumping the ball down to Curry.

Last edited by TheOakman : 04-05-2007 at 10:46 AM.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:30 AM   #9
evodeadd
I airball my layups

evodeadd has an OK reputation so far

it's weird to say but we don't have enough of an offense to win games now. marbury and curry isn't enough offense and NO ONE else is stepping up.

Losing crawford and qrich really hurt.
Francis might have been able to step it up for us, but he's gone.
Nate is too green and erratic.

Frye is the only one with the skills to make up for the lost offense but it looks like he's too afraid to shoot.

It's ridiculous to watch Frye play at times when he passes up on those short jumpers and tries to do something else and end up taking lower % shots or turning it over. Zeke doesn't seem to be working with him on his confidence either.

Yea...we friggin stink now!

But besides this lost season...I'm liking our team when all healthy...and feel we'll be a much better team next year.
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #10
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
Curry, Marbury and Jefferies are all vets so its not like we are the fab five out there.
Curry isn't a vet, he plays like he is on his second year... Jeffries has some experience, but is not a factor right now...

Quote:
Case in point in the third quarter last night, Knicks have the ball and there is about 6 seconds left on the shot clock. Instead of penetrating or pulling up for a jumper, they drive halfway and dump it to Curry. Curry has no idea how many seconds are left in the shot clock and holds the ball over his head, the double team comes he cant pass out of it and the 24 second shot clock goes off. Curry does that alot this season so thats his fault, but as a guard or forward you have to know that with 4-5 seconds left in the shot clock you cant be dumping the ball down to Curry.
Curry was playing well until Marbury started playing well, like i've said in another thread it seems it's impossible for the knicks have two players going on... but i think the game was lost when Nate made a dumb foul that led to a 3 point play and 10 seconds latter Collins thouht he was Jordan and wasted a critical possession... the free throws missed by the 96% guy was just to make us suffer a little more
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #11
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
Curry isn't a vet, he plays like he is on his second year... Jeffries has some experience, but is not a factor right now...

This is Curry's sixth year in the NBA, that is a vet to me. He may still be young age-wise but after 6 years at this level you cannot tell me that he is a youngster. The fact that he acts like this is his 2nd year speaks volumes about him.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #12
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
This is killing me.

I shut the game off.......

We stink........

Zeke stinks......

I stink........

I have a really bad attitude right now and I'm sick of this team with their poor defense and turnovers.

Enough already.

the sad part is we dont even have our pick, if we still had it at least we would have something to fall back on, if you win you win if not its more of a chance to get oden or durant and turn your franchise around, its so sad what this franchise has become now we have people hoping to sneak into the 8 seed with like 36 wins and get swept, i guess all the people who didnt apprectiate ewing at the time might finally start too.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
This is Curry's sixth year in the NBA, that is a vet to me. He may still be young age-wise but after 6 years at this level you cannot tell me that he is a youngster. The fact that he acts like this is his 2nd year speaks volumes about him.

I agree.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #14
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

they reason y the knicks are having the losing stretch is because the dont have crawford, q and lee.throughout this losing stretch the are barely scoring points. the only way they are scoring alot of points is if marbury scores 30 to 40 point or if curry really goes off. people cant tell me they are not missing these guys. if those guys were still there they would have either that 7th or 8th spot.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #15
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
they reason y the knicks are having the losing stretch is because the dont have crawford, q and lee.throughout this losing stretch the are barely scoring points. the only way they are scoring alot of points is if marbury scores 30 to 40 point or if curry really goes off. people cant tell me they are not missing these guys. if those guys were still there they would have either that 7th or 8th spot.

can anymore people play the injury card, we were losing games long before we ever had injuries, hello all teams have them, the heat lost one of the top 5 players in the league and how are they doing since, they dont lose anymore, the nets had injuries, all teams do, this excuse is so played out right now.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: