Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-05-2007, 04:10 AM   #31
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Re: so is Kobe officially a moron chucker again?

Are you overrating Kobe's supporting cast by just a little bit? Everyone in the starting lineup except Kobe and Lamar are backup quality players. The lakers backups are 3rd string quality players. Lakers are lucky to have Kobe. With out him, they'd be one of the worst teams in the league.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:14 AM   #32
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Are you overrating Kobe's supporting cast by just a little bit? Everyone in the starting lineup except Kobe and Lamar are backup quality players. The lakers backups are 3rd string quality players. Lakers are lucky to have Kobe. With out him, they'd be one of the worst teams in the league.

Yeah, starters are bench players, 2 main stars don't complement each other well, half of bench doesn't belong in the NBA and the team has no balance.

Yet they're 6th with all the injuries and everything.

I guess we can't ask for more.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:51 AM   #33
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Right now, this team's biggest problem is chemistry. Thats what carried them beginning of the season. Everyone knew their role and they played for each other. This team is also weakminded and fragile. They dont have a killer menatlity..they let teams hang around when they can finish them off; they play with a mentality of "lets keep it close and have a chance to win it in the end"

Kobe was bad tonight though. too many forced shots. But honestly, Kobe has played the team game well this season. He was so determined in getting everyone involved that he continued passing even when injuries piled up. It wasnt until this team was falling in flames that he took over...

The team right now looks like they dont even know whats going on out there...so inconsistent.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:00 AM   #34
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Screw this little cold spell. You mean, you weren't impressed when Kobe averaged 50 ppg against teams with a combined 106-167? Isn't that what MVP candidates do, bro.
Not only is that what MVP Candidates do, it's also what the G.O.A.T. does.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:03 AM   #35
kenuffff
Great young streetballer

kenuffff has an OK reputation so far

i blame phil jackson for any kobe chucking and/or their roleplayers performing badly. its his "gameplan" to let kobe go crazy.
kenuffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:06 AM   #36
kenuffff
Great young streetballer

kenuffff has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Right now, this team's biggest problem is chemistry. Thats what carried them beginning of the season. Everyone knew their role and they played for each other. This team is also weakminded and fragile. They dont have a killer menatlity..they let teams hang around when they can finish them off; they play with a mentality of "lets keep it close and have a chance to win it in the end"

Kobe was bad tonight though. too many forced shots. But honestly, Kobe has played the team game well this season. He was so determined in getting everyone involved that he continued passing even when injuries piled up. It wasnt until this team was falling in flames that he took over...

The team right now looks like they dont even know whats going on out there...so inconsistent.

all the things you listed fall under phil jackson's job.
kenuffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #37
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Why are everyone so hard on Bynum, my god...he's playing WAY better then Jermain O'Neal played at this age in Portland. Give me a break, you expect him to put up 15/10 as a 19 year old...ain't going to happen, those players are warriors in the NBA...they know the tricks, they have the talent and they have the strenght...you can't ask Bynum to perfom every night against them, he'll have his ups and downs...evaluate him in 2-3 years, I'm sure you all will be on his bandwagon then.

well Shaq was putting 23.4/14 as a 20 yrs old jk
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #38
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Dude STFU. Anyone with a Gilbert Arenas avatar calling out another player for being a "chucker" is a mindless dimwit.

ok? Still doesnt change the fact that kobe is a chucker.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #39
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Said Lakers Coach Phil Jackson: "Kobe's taking a lot of shots, probably too many tonight. It's a situation where we've got to move the ball."

I would say that sums it up nicely.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #40
laker24
I brick open layups

laker24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenuffff
i blame phil jackson for any kobe chucking and/or their roleplayers performing badly. its his "gameplan" to let kobe go crazy.

I also think Phil substitution patterns cost the Lakers the game. With 4:40 left in the game you take out Odom and Mo(who just hit a 3 to cut it to a 1 point game) Leaving Kobe out there with Jordan, Ronnie, Bynum, and Walton.
laker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #41
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
let me preface this by saying i haven't seen a lakers game in a long time, so i don't really know what kind of shots kobe is taking or why. however, aren't shooting guards supposed to be chuckers? i'm pretty sure that by and large that's the job description. pg sets up, center posts, sf slashes, pf rebounds, and sg shoots. nobody got mad at sam jones or andrew toney or byron scott or vinnie johnson for shooting when they got the ball. how about michael redd and rip hamilton? they could go three games without registering an assist and no one would care because that's not their job. i think kobe gets boxed into the "you have to play like mike" zone way more than other 2 guards. granted they have better teams so they don't have to play set-up man or create their own shots as often, but still...
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #42
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan

certainly in that game he was a chucker. and in the prior game. before that he had 13 assist and took only 17 shots. when he had his 50+ steak, he was shooting roughly 50%.

he is inconsistent and I don't buy my fellow Laker fans excuse that his teammates are scared little girls, so he therefore HAS to shoot 30+ times. if he is getting doubled every possession, then he must create for others. he needs to consistently help them get in a rhythm, just like in the beginning of the season.

also, he needs to lead with consistent solid D (like he used to do). I know that's asking him to do basically EVERYTHING for the team, but if he wants to be the GOAT, that's the position he is in today... until mgmt gets him better role players.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #43
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
give me a damn break the Lakers are stacked everywhere but pg.

Kwame, Bynum and Turiaf properly used is clearly an above average frontcourt.

det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #44
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
give me a damn break the Lakers are stacked everywhere but pg.

Kwame, Bynum and Turiaf properly used is clearly an above average frontcourt.

Odom, Walton, Cook, Radman, that's 7 pretty good players for the 3-5. nothing to complain about there. Odom and Walton pass well and score a little. Cook can shoot. Kwame plays D. Bynum blocks shots. Turiaf is scrappy. all these players are clearly roster quality guys.

then you've got a top 3 player at SG. the pg spot sucks but not that badly. they've had their moments each. plus mo evans who is very underrated by just about everyone.

the Lakers are pretty damn good and I'm tired of this crappy supporting cast stuff. what they are is weak-willed. inconsistent sure but what has Kobe scoring a lot done for them? Kobe should paly the same way he did before and pray these guys find themselves because the way he's going now you can be absolutely certain they're not winning ****.

above-average frontcourt in Kwame, Bynum, and Turiaf??
okay
between the three of them, they average 24ppg/15rpg/4apg
Kevin Garnett averages close to that by himself

Bynum won't be good for another 5 years (if he isn't a bust). Kwame is one of the biggest busts ever. Turiaf wouldn't even be in the rotation on most teams.

Here are some teams that have a better front-court than that
Sonics
Blazers
Kings
Warriors
Jazz
Suns
Nuggets
Hornets
Mavs
Spurs
Rockets
Magic
Heat
Bobcats
Pacers
Bulls
Pistons
Wizards
Celtics
Knicks
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #45
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has an OK reputation so far

I thought the Lakers were contenders?

Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: