Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-05-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Who is the better Point Guard Deron Williams or Tony Parker?

I choose Deron Williams on this one he bring class, skills and leadership to the Utah Jazz lineup. Tony Parker lacks leadership and he has one of the biggest mouth/ego in the NBA.

I voted for Deron Williams that he will make the 2008 NBA ALL STAR.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:56 AM   #2
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who is the better Point Guard Deron Williams or Tony Parker?

STFU

Tony Parker took a ton of abuse and had to endure a whole bunch of Spurs will sign J Kidd stories and still managed to go out and lead his team to a title.

Parker>>>>>>>>>Williams

one good season does not make a player great
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:01 AM   #3
Hstone
Serious playground baller

Hstone has an OK reputation so far

Deron willams i dont think that parkers that good
Hstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:05 AM   #4
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
STFU

Tony Parker took a ton of abuse and had to endure a whole bunch of Spurs will sign J Kidd stories and still managed to go out and lead his team to a title.

Parker>>>>>>>>>Williams

one good season does not make a player great

Parker is not that good Deron Williams average more in points and in assists. Parker is so overrated and thank God he is playing side by side with the Mighty Tim Duncan and one of the best coach in NBA History Greg Popovich.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #5
NBAFan
Kids at the park dunk on me

NBAFan has an OK reputation so far

Both are good, but I'll give the edge to Parker (and mainly because of higher shooting percentage)
NBAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #6
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

Deron Williams is a problem. He's gotten better in a span of one year or season, and he is only getting better. I think he is one of the top point guards in the league and this is his first season as a starter. He's the Most Improved Player IMO. Know one else deserves that award more than him because of his work ethic.

But to say he's better than Tony Parker is a bit of a stretch. The only thing that Deron Williams has over Tony Parker is a jumpshot and maybe better defense. But Tony Parker is quicker, he's a better finisher and he can run the point guard slot as well as anybody. Tony Parker can get as many assists Deron Williams in games, but the style that the Spurs play are way diffrent than that of the Jazz. Everything involves around Tim Duncan, they don't run that many plays for their other players.

So to say Deron Williams is better than Tony Parker is childish and stupid.

Learn to respect Tony Parker, if he's overrated so is Deron Williams.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #7
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Tony parker right now, deron later
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #8
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Deron hasnt been in deep playoff waters yet so to say he's better based on just this season is beyond a stretch.

Let me say this about Tony Parker. I saw this guy in person and he is super skinny. If you were to see him without knowing who he is you would say no way this guy could be an NBA player.

with that said, this man is one of the best inside scoring guards of all time. He is shooting .520 this season and averaging 18/6/3.3 only 2.51 turnovers.

This guy is efficient reliable and nearly unguardable. who's overrating him?

he doesnt get THAT much publicity.

Anyway I like Parker on my squad. he always plays in control and will almost never hurt you.

Love Deron but TP is my choice.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:35 AM   #9
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

If Williams keeps improving at this rate then I would take him for the long term result.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #10
proxy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

proxy has an OK reputation so far

deron williams he carried the jazz when kirelenko okur and boozer were hurt he has a better jumpshot better defense he also avg more points and assists
proxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #11
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxy
deron williams he carried the jazz when kirelenko okur and boozer were hurt he has a better jumpshot better defense he also avg more points and assists

much the same way tp carried the spurs, to a certain extent, last season when timmy and gino were hurting.

tp's jumpshot is vastly underrated and he doesn't avg the big numbers because it's not in the spurs system for him to do so.

he has a big night when he needs to have a big night. otherwise, if everything goes according to pop's gameplan for the night, the scoring and assists stay relatively balanced amongst the big three.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #12
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

i'll take deron... but consider this:

deron was drafted 3rd overall... parker was drafted in the mid-late 20's. if they were drafted in the same year, which player would you EXPECT to be better? obviously the guy taken 3rd overall.

i EXPECT deron to be better and statistically he is...

he still has some winning to do though... boozer + okur + ak47 = tim duncan imo.

edit : thanks jazzy

Last edited by DoubleTech : 04-05-2007 at 11:40 AM.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #13
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Deron is the 3rd option on his team and he puts up better numbers, Hes a better everything, only thing tony has over him is a better wife and that running hook shot tony does.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #14
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
i'll take deron... but consider this:

deron was drafted 4th overall... parker was drafted in the mid-late 20's. if they were drafted in the same year, which player would you EXPECT to be better? obviously the guy taken 4th overall.

i EXPECT deron to be better and statistically he is...

he still has some winning to do though... boozer + okur + ak47 = tim duncan imo.

Hate to correct people but he was the 3rd overall. Which proves your point even more
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #15
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Damn didnt think anybody would take Parker over Duncan. He seems to be to benefit more than anybody from the Spurs system. He has a way below avg J for a point so his coaching staff makes him play to his strengths (which for some reason most coaches seem unable to do) and stay away from long range Js. He drives to the basket and because he has so many threats around him leaving their man to double is not much of an optoin. I think in any other system this wouldn't even be a debate. Parker is good but not that good.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: