Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Can the Nets catch the Wizards for 6th seed?

I would love nothing more than a fair first round versus the Raptors rather than against the Cleveland Lebrons.

Nets are currently 4 games back of the Wizards with two games head to head versus the Wizards left.

do you think they can make it? it's a longshot I know, but with Arenas and Butler out, it is better than 0%
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can the Nets catch the Wizards for 6th seed?

I'm sure you know that every Raptors fan is going to post in here hoping for the same thing. Raptors playoff games in Toronto versus Vince? It's like a dream come true, and furthers my theory that the Raps are incapable of ever having a 1st round series against a team from outside NY/NJ.

Let's not forget though, the Nets would have to make up a fair bit of ground. Technically the Raps are closer to catching the Cavs or Bulls than the Nets are to Washington.

Last edited by kwajo : 04-05-2007 at 10:07 AM.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #3
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

I think they could beat the Wizards in those games and pass them up. How long is Arenas out with his injury? That could be key.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
Gregsguys
Good High School Starter

Gregsguys has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I'm sure you know that every Raptors fan is going to post in here hoping for the same thing. Raptors playoff games in Toronto versus Vince? It's like a dream come true, and furthers my theory that the Raps are incapable of ever having a 1st round series against a team from outside NY/NJ.

Count one raps fan who would prefer to see the raps play the Wiz.... a beat up wiz team is much more favourable than a hot Nets team.

Maybe in the second round ...
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo

playing Toronto will be no walk in the park, i know that. I've watched the ACC games where everyone chants Carter sucks all throughout the game.

yet, that can be overcome with a little mental focus.

a little mental focus cannot overcome phantom fouls and no calls on travelling on the last few seconds of a game.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

well yeah there are obvious problems with the matchup, etc. But in terms of atmosphere and series intensity, you can't ask for much more (especially considering it's a first round series, which are normally sleepers)

For winning, I'd rather face the Wizards too.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #7
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

Since the Wizards have the latest NBA Injury Bug that's been going around the league since the begin of the season, it's very likely that the Nets will move up.

They way New Jersey has been playing lately, they're confident enough to win all the remaining games but DAMN they must miss Nenad Kristic.

But it should be a fun series who ever they face, but I am hoping it's the Raptors.

Still can't beleive the Raptors are one of the top teams in the East. The (expletive) Raptors!
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Do it Stern! think of the money and the ratings!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #9
mountaingoat
Decent playground baller

mountaingoat has an OK reputation so far

but, err, what if miami catches toronto?

i'm wondering if the nets would be better off at 7.
mountaingoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

the only 2-7 mathcup I like is Nets vs Bulls.

NEts have had the Bulls number all season long... especially the number 18..
Old 04-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #11
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

i do not want to face the nets. since its the playoffs carter will actually be trying. they always seem to slow bosh down... it's a combination of the players they use and frank's ability to get his team prepared for facing star bigmen.

with that being said, we were a much more perimeter oriented team when we faced the nets earlier in the season, humphries could be a game changing x-factor in the paint should we face these guys in the first round.

banged up washington is a much, much more desireable matchup.

BUT... let me make myself perfectly clear... beating Carter in the playoffs would be nearly as good as winning the championship... i loathe vince carter.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #12
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
the only 2-7 mathcup I like is Nets vs Bulls.

NEts have had the Bulls number all season long... especially the number 18..

yea i've noticed that too... friggen weird
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #13
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Unlike previous seasons the Nets are actually peaking at the end of the year which is a good sign.

But, to take over Washington they would essentially have to win most of their remaining games (6-2), while Washington loses most of their games (2-6).

It helps we have the 2 games left against them and then hopefully the tiebreaker.

All in all, I don't really care. The only team I don't want to face in the 1st round is Miami.

I wouldn't mind Cleveland or Toronto, and not even Detroit worries me as much as Miami, though the Nets did get swept by the Pistons for the first time since 2000-2001.

Obviously the TO match-up is a Nets and Raptors fan's wet dream so I'm kind of surprised there are some TO fans here not wanting to see the match-up happen. I understand you guys want to win, but come on now.... Be a man!
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #14
Gregsguys
Good High School Starter

Gregsguys has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
All in all, I don't really care. The only team I don't want to face in the 1st round is Miami.

I wouldn't mind Cleveland or Toronto, and not even Detroit worries me as much as Miami, though the Nets did get swept by the Pistons for the first time since 2000-2001.

Obviously the TO match-up is a Nets and Raptors fan's wet dream so I'm kind of surprised there are some TO fans here not wanting to see the match-up happen. I understand you guys want to win, but come on now.... Be a man!

Talk about being a man, why not want to face the defending champs in the first round.....wouldn't that be more manly??? You play the heat, we'll play the wiz and perhaps we'll meet later in the playoffs .......
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #15
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsguys
Talk about being a man, why not want to face the defending champs in the first round.....wouldn't that be more manly??? You play the heat, we'll play the wiz and perhaps we'll meet later in the playoffs .......

Obviously I don't want to face the defending champs who have kicked our arses the last two years, however....

There is not much comparison here. There is a clear rivalry budding with the Raps. Raps fans have been talking smack all season and in particular to Nets fans. Now that it comes down to the oppurtunity of meeting in the playoffs, you guys don't want to. Why not? The season series is tied, and you guys have been the better team this year. The two teams will most likely NOT meet later in the playoffs so the chance is now in the 1st round.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: