Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #16
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can the Nets catch the Wizards for 6th seed?

I would like to see a Bulls-Nets or Nets-Toronto matchup. Both would be too entertaining.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #17
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
Obviously I don't want to face the defending champs who have kicked our arses the last two years, however....

There is not much comparison here. There is a clear rivalry budding with the Raps. Raps fans have been talking smack all season and in particular to Nets fans. Now that it comes down to the oppurtunity of meeting in the playoffs, you guys don't want to. Why not? The season series is tied, and you guys have been the better team this year. The two teams will most likely NOT meet later in the playoffs so the chance is now in the 1st round.

Season series is tied but not indicative of how the teams stand now.

Season opener. Nets take it on the Nets home floor with Krstic and a nearly full roster and Toronto was still in a chemistry flux.

First meeting at ACC: No RJ No Krstic. Go Figure.

Second Meeting at CAA: Nets minus Krstic play a full and sound game vs the Raptors.

Last meeting before All STar Break: No Kidd, no RJ, no Krstic, no Collins. Carter is the only one and the Nets fail.

since no road games were won and bosh was absent in one of them, nothing can be said about how these teams fare head to head.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #18
Gregsguys
Good High School Starter

Gregsguys has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
The two teams will most likely NOT meet later in the playoffs so the chance is now in the 1st round.

I feel pretty good about our chances....what makes you think you won't get there....?
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #19
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Season series is tied but not indicative of how the teams stand now.

Season opener. Nets take it on the Nets home floor with Krstic and a nearly full roster and Toronto was still in a chemistry flux.

First meeting at ACC: No RJ No Krstic. Go Figure.

Second Meeting at CAA: Nets minus Krstic play a full and sound game vs the Raptors.

Last meeting before All STar Break: No Kidd, no RJ, no Krstic, no Collins. Carter is the only one and the Nets fail.

since no road games were won and bosh was absent in one of them, nothing can be said about how these teams fare head to head.

Shhhhh....

I'm trying to get them to not fear us and want to play us.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #20
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsguys
I feel pretty good about our chances....what makes you think you won't get there....?

Ummm... our record and our play this season for starters, and also it matters who we play.

In your case, I wouldn't be too sure either. Your team has no playoff experience to speak of (mainly talking about playing as a unit) and depending on who you play there are no gaurantees.

I would rather have the gauranteed 1st round meeting, rather than the 25% chance (at best) of meeting round 2, and even lower chance of meeting in the ECF depending on seeds.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #21
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Rasho won a title in 2005 didn't he?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:03 PM   #22
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

I would love to see a Tor-NJ series. Vince in the ACC against the Raps in the playoffs? Are you kidding? That place would be nuts! It would make me so happy to see Vince lose to the Raps in the 1st round, but beating Washington in Round 1 would probably be an easier task. For entertainment, nothing would be better than Tor-NJ but to advance, id rather play Was.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #23
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Rasho won a title in 2005 didn't he?

yea we may not have much experience as a unit but we have a handful of players who have played in meaningful games.

rasho won a title as you mentioned.
bargnani won an italian league final
garbo has won a euro league title i believe, spanish league title and recently spanked Greece (who thumped team USA) in the finals without Pau Gasol (calderon was apart of that too)... but garbo won't be playing in the playoffs this year so i guess he doesn't count.
peterson has been in the playoffs with toronto
parker won a couple euro league titles i believe in his Euro League MVP seasons...

our team may be young but we have guys who have played in big games...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #24
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

I don't think I would mind if the Nets caught up to the Wizards because since the Bulls are on the verge of taking that #2 seed from the Cavs, I would rather see the Bulls either verse the Wizards or Magic because a series with the Nets could be tough. We'll see what happens these last couple of games.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #25
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

So let me ask Rap fans.. would you rather face Washington with a less than 25% chance of facing NJ in round 2 or later, or face NJ in the 1st round?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #26
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

No.

the reason the Nets always beat the Wizards is that Gilbert has absolutely no idea what to do with Jason Kidd and always shoots 4-17 or something against him. without Gilbert we're actually more likely to win (this is the only team I can say this for). people think that Gil is Wade's *****... and that's true to an extent but not really. Gil loses to the Heat Wade or no Wade and it's not like they guard each other. Gil straightup cannot play against Jason Kidd and turns into Dajuan Wagner meets Eric Snow when they match up.

without Arenas there's nobody for Kidd to shut down (Daniels is careful and quick- Kidd can't match up) and the rest of the Wizards are going to be playing the best ball of their lives: it is a contract year for several of them, a playoff spot is on the line, it's now or never to shine. the Nets on the other hand are a pathetic group of lazy mother****ers plus Jason Kidd. no way they take both games against us and they'll need to.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #27
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

yep Arenas is out 2-3 months with a torn meniscus.

tough break for Arenas who was playin at an elite level. hope he recovers for next season.

in the meantime, the 6th seed is for the Net's taking.

and in the Nets victories, it's not really about Arenas taking bad shots or anything. it's more like the whole team does not know what defense means. not to say the Nets know what it means this season, but the Nets have known defense before and just need to summon some of it versus Washington
Old 04-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #28
elinss86
Decent playground baller

elinss86 has an OK reputation so far

its too bad about arenas, i dont want the 6th seed this way. but obviously, its right there for the taking. and hell yea i want to play toronto. it would be an amazing series, and one that could potentially finally shut the critics up about carter, if he steps up and puts toronto in their place.
elinss86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #29
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As fun as a Raptors-Nets matchup would be, I prefer the easier Wizards matchup. I think the Raptors with homecourt would beat both but clearly the Wizards are easier at this point and having a better chance to win is all that matters to me.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #30
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

dont forget, during the playoffs, Continental Airlines Arena actually DOES sell out and gets rather loud at times too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: