Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default I'm gonna be upset if (Sixers related)

Discuss

Last edited by GOBB : 04-05-2007 at 01:46 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I'm gonna be upset if...

The 76ers are actually in the hunt for the playoffs. Just 3.5 games back. Imagine a lottery team making the NBA Playoffs. That's how weak the East is damn!

Plus they beat the Knicks last night! (boo)

Plus Joakim Noah would not be a bad thing, I am sure she would help the 76ers with interior defense and some hustle plays and whatnot.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Right now Philly is around 7 or 8th worst right? It doesn't look good for them. I think the Nets (Martin) and Houston (Yao) were around there too when they won their lotteries but still.

The Philly management should have sent the coaches a "tank now" message earlier. If there is any team that needs a top 3 pick this year it's Philly because to me right now it's Iguodala and role players for the future of that team and IMO Iggy isn't a "#1 option" kinda player either. They NEED another young star on that team, even a Brandan Wright at #3.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

It would be funny (maybe not to Sixers fans) if the Bulls ended up with a higher pick.

The Knicks are falling off at the right time. Hope they end up in the top 7-8. Gives me at least some hope of a top 3 pick.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Right now Philly is around 7 or 8th worst right? It doesn't look good for them. I think the Nets (Martin) and Houston (Yao) were around there too when they won their lotteries but still.

The Philly management should have sent the coaches a "tank now" message earlier. If there is any team that needs a top 3 pick this year it's Philly because to me right now it's Iguodala and role players for the future of that team and IMO Iggy isn't a "#1 option" kinda player either. They NEED another young star on that team, even a Brandan Wright at #3.

They were and Milw/Toronto were around 6 when they won the lottery. Thats the only positive thing one can attempt to take away from it. But right now Portland and Sac also hold a 30-44 record they are right behind Philly...and NYK/Minny are 1gm behind Philly, Port, Sac. at 31-43. Seattle is 1/2 ahead of Philly and Charlotte is 1gm. So its really tight and close between all these teams. With 6-8gms left how they finish out could be critical. It doesnt look good.

And i agree....Iggy to me isnt a #1 option, franchise caliber player. Brandan Wright hasnt said if he was going to come out...but he ranks 3rd on my wish list with Oden 1 and Durant 2. Al Horford is the only guy i want if Sixers lose out on those 3 (be it 2 of the 3 dont declare or are drafted before Philly).
Old 04-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh
The 76ers are actually in the hunt for the playoffs. Just 3.5 games back. Imagine a lottery team making the NBA Playoffs. That's how weak the East is damn!

That couldn't happen. The Lottery consists of the 14 teams that don't make the playoffs, not the 14 worst records.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
It would be funny (maybe not to Sixers fans) if the Bulls ended up with a higher pick.

The Knicks are falling off at the right time. Hope they end up in the top 7-8. Gives me at least some hope of a top 3 pick.

That wouldnt be funny.

Quote:
Plus Joakim Noah would not be a bad thing, I am sure she would help the 76ers with interior defense and some hustle plays and whatnot.

Sixers need a starting PF not a backup in Noah. They need someone downlow who can provide some offense. We dont need hustle players with our first pick. We can find those with Denver/Dallas first round picks. We need to land a solid player who can start.

If I'm the Sixers I dangle Willie Green as trade bait. Maybe consider one of the first round picks from either Dallas or Denver as well. Options to possible move up if the Sixers get a crap lottery position.

I just want the Sixers in the 4-6 range in terms of bad records. I never wanted them to have the worst record or even the 2nd worst. It was always 3-6. We'll see.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #8
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm going to be really nervous if the Wolves end up with the third pick. So afraid they'll pick Noah or some loser.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #9
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
I'm going to be really nervous if the Wolves end up with the third pick. So afraid they'll pick Noah or some loser.

They should take Corey Brewer.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:27 PM   #10
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Brewer would be nice if our pick isn't top 3 and the Clippers don't get it.

If we get into the top 3, I'd want Oden, Durant, and Wright, in that order.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #11
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

It's pretty obvious sixers are in rebuild mode, and need to add talent to the team. Why can't we just follow the example of the bucks / celts?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #12
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: I'm gonna be upset if (Sixers related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Discuss

I agree.

Every team has a right to stink for one year and move up in the draft.

But hey, you guys did this to yourselves.

You could have released Joe Smith and let him sign with a contender.

And you could have traded Andre Miller for contracts, clearing out more cap space and possibly getting some draft picks.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Brewer would be nice if our pick isn't top 3 and the Clippers don't get it.

If we get into the top 3, I'd want Oden, Durant, and Wright, in that order.

Thats my order for the Sixers but if they dont get a top 3 pick i will be extremely pissed if they take Noah over Horford. It would benefit the Sixers much more to not make the playoffs and get a good big in the draft than going to the playoffs and losing in the first round.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #14
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I'm gonna be upset if Sixers keep winning, lose Durant and Oden

I have used the gift of forsight given to me by my Lord the Emperor Steve Belkin and I have already determined that the Hawks will have pick 2 and 11 in the Draft. Out of those picks we will draft Durant and Conley and win 50 games next season.

Speedy/Conley
JJ/Childress/Salim
Durant/Marvin
Smith/Shelden
Zaza/Solomon Jones
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:34 PM   #15
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm gonna be upset if Sixers keep winning, lose Durant and Oden

Conley should start over Speedy.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: