Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here
Default Arrested Development Season 4 Thread

Just finished it. Very enjoyable. Still has the same humor and charm. Does feel a little different (due to the time gap and lower budget) but was still a good watch.

Anyone else watch it yet? What are your thoughts?
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Arrested Development Season 4 Thread

Does it conclude the series, or will there be season 5?
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

I JUST posted this in another forum....

"i just watched ep 1 of season 4.

seriously? wtf was that garbage???? this is what i waited for????? its not even close to being the same show.

characters look different, lucilles bc of plastic surgery, gob maybe too, but mostly, the writing and the timing.....and the purpose. wtf???? im going to have to pretend like season 4 never happened."
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
I JUST posted this in another forum....

"i just watched ep 1 of season 4.

seriously? wtf was that garbage???? this is what i waited for????? its not even close to being the same show.

characters look different, lucilles bc of plastic surgery, gob maybe too, but mostly, the writing and the timing.....and the purpose. wtf???? im going to have to pretend like season 4 never happened."

GOB looks different, but Maebe an George-Michael don't????

Anyway you're a terrible poster who hasn't ever said anything worth reading so I shall ignore your opinion.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:35 AM   #5
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Liked the first episode, hated the second, thought 3-4 were okay. 5 (especially the back half) was alright.

And then 6 or 7 is when it starts to pick up and resemble the old show. I think they needed time to develop subplots in the show to actually make it more like the original run since they didn't have much they could fall back on in terms of where to pick up at. So given that I'm fine with the first 5 being a rocky experience.

I'm only episode 9 now though. I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

Last edited by Rose : 05-27-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:38 AM   #6
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And for whomever asked season 5 is a maybe depending on who from Netflix is speaking.

But Hurwitz and some of the actors have already said that the relationship isn't done and that it's supposed to lead to more episodes and/or a movie.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:49 AM   #7
daj0264
I am a love machine

daj0264 has no real reputation yet.

started of really badly but it redeemed itself towards the middle.

There will either be a season 5 and a movie or just a movie because they cant just end it on that.
daj0264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #8
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Yeah, it really does start off slow. However, you can say the same thing about the first season as well. The first few episodes weren't very funny because the characters hadn't been introduced/jokes haven't been set up yet. So, Season 4 is trying to reintroduce all the characters/jokes again.

In all honesty, it's sort of like the 3rd season where there are up and down episodes....but lots of memorable moments along the way.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I didn't even recognize Portia de Rossi. The voice was the same but her face looks so different that I actually had to check IMDB to confirm that it was still her. How much plastic surgery did she get?!?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #10
HarryCallahan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I didn't even recognize Portia de Rossi. The voice was the same but her face looks so different that I actually had to check IMDB to confirm that it was still her. How much plastic surgery did she get?!?

Looks like she got a lip transplant.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
Rose
nanu nanu

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/netflix...170954686.html

Woo if the actors agree, more seasons.

Tambor said a few days ago (and Arnett as well in a few interviews) that the cast was fine with coming back for more. So I think it's a question of when, now and not if.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #12
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Season 4 doesn't conclude the show. The show doesn't return to it's old form until the Lindsay episode, which I believe is #8. She looks completely different until she cuts her hair, but you have to remember that the season takes place a year to five years after the third season.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #13
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im on episode 5, so far I like it even if it feel like the story explanations are a bit heavy handed. I like everything about it and while its not great, its a good A.D. fix. I think the fact that different episodes deal with different characters is the issue.. It feels like fragmented story pieces, rather than a fluid narration. As soon as your beginning to feel a part of the story they cut away to something completely different. Episode 5 was an improvement tho and I hope the rest are in the same tone as that one.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #14
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love that Oscar thought he was in America based on Buster's map

Last edited by Anti Hero : 05-29-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #15
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Soooooooooo I've never seen Arrested Development before (wacky, right?). So that's been my most recent binge watching project. I've seen first 5 episodes of Season 1.....

Anywhoooooo, good show, funny, good characters, yada yada....but here's a little tidbit. In the first 5 episodes, there have been not 1...not 2....but THREE TIMES I've seen production screwups.

TWICE I've seen the overhead boom microphone in the middle of a scene....I was like "did i just see the mic?" and replayed it and sure enough, both times. The third screw up..even worse....is I saw one of the CAMERAS! It was a scene where Odenkirk plays the Psychiatrist and as they are moving about, you clearly see on the side one of the cameramen who's shooting Odenkirk. Maybe it's because it's on HD and originally on standard definition? I dunno.......

Weird, wild stuff. But the show is pretty gosh darn good. I LOL'd a good many times already....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: