Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #16
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
because to some the idea that biotic factors arose spontaneously from abiotic factors is not satisfying
Is that really it huh?

How did life start from nothing?
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #17
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

My whole argument is going to be on the size of the universe

Quick pictures to consider

http://img45.imagevenue.com/view.php...122_352lo.jpeg

http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php...122_336lo.jpeg

http://img105.imagevenue.com/view.ph...22_1018lo.jpeg

http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.php...122_579lo.jpeg

http://img160.imagevenue.com/view.ph...122_386lo.jpeg

The Earth is 1/24th Light SECOND long.

Nearest star is 4.2 light years away.

Think about that, 4.2 light years vs. 1/24th second.

And milkey way Galaxy is 100,000 light YEARS long.

And thats jus 1 galaxy. The whole universe is estimated to have millions of galaxies.

Universe's size is around 27.4 billion light years
Unimaginable!

Last edited by Glove_20 : 04-05-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #18
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
The concept of God has been on the planet for probably a million years. If you didnt make this tree then someone else did... I didnt make it rain so someone else did... How people categorize these events that they didnt do the concept of God was created. Now all the other colorful fables equated to religion and God totally seperate concept than what this thread means. The concept of evolution is a reactive force in the universe but what was the initiator?

You're estimate is off by about 800,000 years, which is quite awhile in human terms.

There is no proof for a god, and no proof that there isn't. This is already being discussed in the other thread so I don't see the point of explaining myself in great detail here, but religion and being a theist are NOT the same. I wish religion would just die and go away, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in god. The problem is that most people associate god with human qualities in order to relate to him, but a being of that much potential power could never be confined to a humanesque body.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #19
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Glove_20:
Your beef isnt with the idea of God its a beef with RELIGION... The interpretation of GOD...
Creatism is a concept of religion not GOD...
So in all actuality the thread should be;
Why do you think Religion exist?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #20
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
For example, Christianity, believes in creationism. But scientifically its been proven false over and over again. In a debate vs. Evolution and Creationism, Evolution always has much stronger evidence, and all Creatonism has his "belief". I mean people just believe it, thats it. I can try to make my self believe Nash is a better defender than Ben Wallace, but all evidence goes to Ben Wallace. And in real life, Ben Wallace is a better defender. "Belief" is all Creationsim has, and thast weak
Evolution has just as many holes in it as Creationism
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
You're estimate is off by about 800,000 years, which is quite awhile in human terms.

There is no proof for a god, and no proof that there isn't. This is already being discussed in the other thread so I don't see the point of explaining myself in great detail here, but religion and being a theist are NOT the same. I wish religion would just die and go away, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in god. The problem is that most people associate god with human qualities in order to relate to him, but a being of that much potential power could never be confined to a humanesque body.
damn the post time difference... excellent point!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #22
Glove_20
The Expert

So since the universe size is basically infinity. It is very possible that life can exist in other places perfectly. And life is probably way different accross the universe. WAY different
Old 04-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #23
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Glove_20:
Your beef isnt with the idea of God its a beef with RELIGION... The interpretation of GOD...
Creatism is a concept of religion not GOD...
So in all actuality the thread should be;
Why do you think Religion exist?
So why do you think god exists? Where does GOD come in?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:38 PM   #24
the outsider
Kids at the park dunk on me

the outsider has an OK reputation so far

of course i do, dont be silly
the outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #25
Glove_20
The Expert

I think the main arguments for god's existing are on creation of the world

Quote:
As for creation. The Big Bang? What set that in motion? You expect me to believe it just went "bang" and then it was all here? I don't think so. You gotta keep looking back. Where did space come from? Space doesn't just "exist." There has to be something behind it. Molecules, where did they come from?

Quote:
because to some the idea that biotic factors arose spontaneously from abiotic factors is not satisfying

Here are my arguments to explain these answers
Old 04-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #26
Glove_20
The Expert

The thing is.

The universe is amazingly big. So big that we have no idea. I mean honeslty, there might be life next solar system, and there are millions of solar systems, there might be life next galaxy (millions solar system), and there are like a million galaxies. You have to realize how big a million is. It is also highley likely that many places in the universe there is life that is a million times smarter than everyone human's brain combined.

The universe is so big, it is probably that is true. We are not the smartest things ever and even we use just 10% of our brains. Imagine a life from a million times starter (That is very very smart) and it uses all of its brain.

Imagine it.

And that essentially answers all questions about god.

How did the universe start?

Human minds are just not capable of answering it. They just don't have a big enough brain capacity to even "IMAGINE" the answer. And I am using imagine literally. It came from somehow, but we can't even imagine it, and since we can't do that, how the he11 are we supposed to tell it. Eventually, humans just start saying "It was god". Because thats as far as our minds can go.

We can imagine 3-D, and 2-D...But how about 4-d? How about 5-d? How about 500-D? We might say that does not exist, its because we can't even come close to imaging such a thing. Its not in our brain capacity. "God" is as far as our brains can think of the answer for

But somewhere in the universe there is a life that is a million times smarter and they can think of the idea. What is it? Obviously if human minds aren't capable of answering or even can't imagine the answer there is no way to tell it.

I think people just have to realize that the universe is gigantic, some life forms are a million times smarter, and us humans aren't all knowing.

We don't know the answer, so we just say "god".

I bet if we were a Million times smarter (literally, imagine being a million times smarter than you are now, imagine what you could do, its really UNIMIGINABLE) we would know the answer. But we aren't and thats where GOD comes in. We are humans and thats as far as we can go
Old 04-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #27
Glove_20
The Expert

And my post above should take away any doubts about "god" Logically. Your belief might not change, but logically speaking, we are humans, and god does not exist
Old 04-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #28
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Every question in the world about God can be answered. And it all has to do with the size of the universe. Thats something most people haven't gotten down. The Size of the Universe

Then just by chance, the universe got that big? The bigger it is the more clear it is that it didn't just happen by chance.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #29
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
Then just by chance, the universe got that big? The bigger it is the more clear it is that it didn't just happen by chance.
Read my posts above

Thats the truth of life
Old 04-05-2007, 08:59 PM   #30
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Read my posts above

Thats the truth of life

Then where do all those superior life forms that are possibly on other planets come from? What if they, like we are now, are discussing the fact that their isnt a God? How did they get the mind's to think that?
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: