Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #31
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
Then where do all those superior life forms that are possibly on other planets come from? What if they, like we are now, are discussing the fact that their isnt a God? How did they get the mind's to think that?
Thats part of my point. Human minds aren't capable to answer that question. They can't even "imagine" the answer (literally). Can you imagine 4-D? Can you imagine 5-D? How about 500-D? Its impossible to us, becauase we can't even picture it.

They probably know the answer. Think about it. How smart would you be if you multiplied your brain power by 1,000,000. Imagine what you'd be able to do. It is actually unimiginable. Literally, if something was 1 million times smarter than everyone on earth, it would be just crazy. Just crazy

And that kind of craziness can answer that question. Our minds will go far enough and say "god", thats how far we can go. But HIGHLY intelligent beings , they can do things that we can't imagine, and lieterally. We can't imagine the answer...

I don't know where they got the minds or how life 1st started, I can't imagine the answer, no one can, so how are we supposed to answer it?
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #32
different107
National High School Star
 
different107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,637
different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Thats part of my point. Human minds aren't capable to answer that question. They can't even "imagine" the answer (literally). Can you imagine 4-D? Can you imagine 5-D? How about 500-D? Its impossible to us, becauase we can't even picture it.

They probably know the answer. Think about it. How smart would you be if you multiplied your brain power by 1,000,000. Imagine what you'd be able to do. It is actually unimiginable. Literally, if something was 1 million times smarter than everyone on earth, it would be just crazy. Just crazy

And that kind of craziness can answer that question. Our minds will go far enough and say "god", thats how far we can go. But HIGHLY intelligent beings , they can do things that we can't imagine, and lieterally. We can't imagine the answer...

I don't know where they got the minds or how life 1st started, I can't imagine the answer, no one can, so how are we supposed to answer it?

Thats where faith comes in, but you wanted religion left out of this.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #33
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 108
D-Town-Raised has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

The superior intelligence of humans compared to animals. Humans can comprehend that they will eventually die no matter what they do. Not just instinctively. Most life has a natural will of survival based on instinct to avoid danger. However even in a life with no present danger humans know they will die. Animals may or may not comprehend this. This natural fear of death makes humans seek a sense of emotional comfort. A sense of God provides some with that.

The ambitions of intelligent meglamaniacs. They found out that people would follow blind beliefs, symbols, and doctrine. A united people with the right balance of fear, discipline and belief make for a grand military that serve the desires of the ambitious meglamaniac.

You can't prove or disprove a negative. There exists an alien lifeform with ten heads, 100 teeth, twenty legs and male and female genitals. The only way to prove this to be true is to discover it. Once it is discovered it is no longer a negative. It then becomes a positive. If it remains a negative it can't be proven or disproven.

It is not without the realm of logic to believe a God exists based on each specimens comprehension. For all we know as humans Dogs may in fact believe that we are Gods. If a lone member of a intergalactic species was discovered that was twenty feet tall, with telepathic powers and the ability of self creation without intercourse he could indeed convince people that he/she is God. All the while he holds true that out there somewhere is his/her God.
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:06 PM   #34
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
Thats where faith comes in, but you wanted religion left out of this.
What do u mean?
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #35
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Town-Raised
The superior intelligence of humans compared to animals. Humans can comprehend that they will eventually die no matter what they do. Not just instinctively. Most life has a natural will of survival based on instinct to avoid danger. However even in a life with no present danger humans know they will die. Animals may or may not comprehend this. This natural fear of death makes humans seek a sense of emotional comfort. A sense of God provides some with that.

The ambitions of intelligent meglamaniacs. They found out that people would follow blind beliefs, symbols, and doctrine. A united people with the right balance of fear, discipline and belief make for a grand military that serve the desires of the ambitious meglamaniac.

You can't prove or disprove a negative. There exists an alien lifeform with ten heads, 100 teeth, twenty legs and male and female genitals. The only way to prove this to be true is to discover it. Once it is discovered it is no longer a negative. It then becomes a positive. If it remains a negative it can't be proven or disproven.

It is not without the realm of logic to believe a God exists based on each specimens comprehension. For all we know as humans Dogs may in fact believe that we are Gods. If a lone member of a intergalactic species was discovered that was twenty feet tall, with telepathic powers and the ability of self creation without intercourse he could indeed convince people that he/she is God. All the while he holds true that out there somewhere is his/her God.

Yeah, and we can only go so far with our minds. Minds a million times smarter, not animals here to humans here, "MILLIONS" times smarter. I mean, that is just crazy and uniminable, take it literally, they can think of answers that we never came CLOSE to finding questions of
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #36
different107
National High School Star
 
different107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,637
different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
What do u mean?

Faith in a belief is needed to prove or disprove. Even an aethist who supposedly believes in nothing, has a belief and faith in the fact that their is nothing.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #37
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
Faith in a belief is needed to prove or disprove. Even an aethist who supposedly believes in nothing, has a belief and faith in the fact that their is nothing.
Well if you can believe that the Universe is gigantic, then there is no reason to believe in god.

If you don't believe in the size of the universe, even though there has been so much evidence for it, then I can see you believing in god, though most likely you are wrong

Its like how things were, religon told us that sun revolved around earth, but as we kept gaining knowledge, religon was more and more wrong. If we were a thousand times smarter, we'd laugh at god and we'd have the solution to problems we aren't even questioning yet
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #38
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
The thing is.

The universe is amazingly big. So big that we have no idea. I mean honeslty, there might be life next solar system, and there are millions of solar systems, there might be life next galaxy (millions solar system), and there are like a million galaxies. You have to realize how big a million is. It is also highley likely that many places in the universe there is life that is a million times smarter than everyone human's brain combined.

The universe is so big, it is probably that is true. We are not the smartest things ever and even we use just 10% of our brains. Imagine a life from a million times starter (That is very very smart) and it uses all of its brain.

Imagine it.

And that essentially answers all questions about god.


How did the universe start?

Human minds are just not capable of answering it. They just don't have a big enough brain capacity to even "IMAGINE" the answer. And I am using imagine literally. It came from somehow, but we can't even imagine it, and since we can't do that, how the he11 are we supposed to tell it. Eventually, humans just start saying "It was god". Because thats as far as our minds can go.

We can imagine 3-D, and 2-D...But how about 4-d? How about 5-d? How about 500-D? We might say that does not exist, its because we can't even come close to imaging such a thing. Its not in our brain capacity. "God" is as far as our brains can think of the answer for

But somewhere in the universe there is a life that is a million times smarter and they can think of the idea. What is it? Obviously if human minds aren't capable of answering or even can't imagine the answer there is no way to tell it.






I think people just have to realize that the universe is gigantic, some life forms are a million times smarter, and us humans aren't all knowing.

We don't know the answer, so we just say "god".

I bet if we were a Million times smarter (literally, imagine being a million times smarter than you are now, imagine what you could do, its really UNIMIGINABLE) we would know the answer. But we aren't and thats where GOD comes in. We are humans and thats as far as we can go


Anyways, all I have to say is, that up there is the truth of life. The universe is amazingly gigantic is the main driver behind that argument. If you don't believe that, then you might not believe the above. But lots of evidence has been shown about the universe being big. After all, its is the UNIVERSE
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #39
different107
National High School Star
 
different107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,637
different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Well if you can believe that the Universe is gigantic, then there is no reason to believe in god.

If you don't believe in the size of the universe, even though there has been so much evidence for it, then I can see you believing in god, though most likely you are wrong

Its like how things were, religon told us that sun revolved around earth, but as we kept gaining knowledge, religon was more and more wrong. If we were a thousand times smarter, we'd laugh at god and we'd have the solution to problems we aren't even questioning yet

: If we were 1x smarter we would be dangerous. I can't imagine 1000x

I believe the universe is gigantic and I also believe in God. What did you mean by that?
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:19 PM   #40
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
: If we were 1x smarter we would be dangerous. I can't imagine 1000x

I believe the universe is gigantic and I also believe in God. What did you mean by that?
If you believe in the immense size of the universe...you have to believe in this argument

Quote:
The thing is.

The universe is amazingly big. So big that we have no idea. I mean honeslty, there might be life next solar system, and there are millions of solar systems, there might be life next galaxy (millions solar system), and there are like a million galaxies. You have to realize how big a million is. It is also highley likely that many places in the universe there is life that is a million times smarter than everyone human's brain combined.

The universe is so big, it is probably that is true. We are not the smartest things ever and even we use just 10% of our brains. Imagine a life from a million times starter (That is very very smart) and it uses all of its brain.

Imagine it.

And that essentially answers all questions about god.


How did the universe start?

Human minds are just not capable of answering it. They just don't have a big enough brain capacity to even "IMAGINE" the answer. And I am using imagine literally. It came from somehow, but we can't even imagine it, and since we can't do that, how the he11 are we supposed to tell it. Eventually, humans just start saying "It was god". Because thats as far as our minds can go.

We can imagine 3-D, and 2-D...But how about 4-d? How about 5-d? How about 500-D? We might say that does not exist, its because we can't even come close to imaging such a thing. Its not in our brain capacity. "God" is as far as our brains can think of the answer for

But somewhere in the universe there is a life that is a million times smarter and they can think of the idea. What is it? Obviously if human minds aren't capable of answering or even can't imagine the answer there is no way to tell it.






I think people just have to realize that the universe is gigantic, some life forms are a million times smarter, and us humans aren't all knowing.

We don't know the answer, so we just say "god".

I bet if we were a Million times smarter (literally, imagine being a million times smarter than you are now, imagine what you could do, its really UNIMIGINABLE) we would know the answer. But we aren't and thats where GOD comes in. We are humans and thats as far as we can go


That argument takes the size of the universe, and shows what it means. And it really means we aren't that smart, and we can only go as far as saying "god" created everything. We just aren't capable of the real answer, somone a million times smarter would be able to answer it perfectly. WE can't even imagine it. We can't even think of questions that someone a million times smarter can answer
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #41
different107
National High School Star
 
different107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,637
different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
If you believe in the immense size of the universe...you have to believe in this argument




That argument takes the size of the universe, and shows what it means. And it really means we aren't that smart, and we can only go as far as saying "god" created everything. We just aren't capable of the real answer, somone a million times smarter would be able to answer it perfectly. WE can't even imagine it. We can't even think of questions that someone a million times smarter can answer

It doesn't take a smart person to understand that their is a God. We are smarter today then people like the cavemen were, but they worshiped gods.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #42
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
It doesn't take a smart person to understand that their is a God. We are smarter today then people like the cavemen were, but they worshiped gods.
And if you havne't noticed, the trend of believeing in god is moving down. Back long time ago, religon was everything. Now less and less belief is going on.

We are much smarter than we were 1000 years ago


But honestly, imagine a human being 1,000,000 times smarter than eveyone. LITERALLY

Tell me what they'd be able to do
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #43
different107
National High School Star
 
different107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,637
different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
And if you havne't noticed, the trend of believeing in god is moving down. Back long time ago, religon was everything. Now less and less belief is going on.

We are much smarter than we were 1000 years ago


But honestly, imagine a human being 1,000,000 times smarter than eveyone. LITERALLY

Tell me what they'd be able to do

Christianity is going down a bit, but other religions are growing.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #44
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,856
Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Intelligent aliens came to this planet several hundred thousand years ago and infused their DNA (which was very similar to ours) and infused it with the neanderthals at the time to speed up our evolution. Isn't it obvious? We are strikingly similar to apes but at the same intellectually superior. Evolution like that would take a billion years in itself...therefore Aliens are our true gods.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #45
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why do you guys think god exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
Christianity is going down a bit, but other religions are growing.
Guess where Science and Technology is most available?


Like I said, religon is baseon on "Hope" and suffering. Thats why people started beliving in religon. Most 2nd-3rd world countries, no coincidence, are the ones who still believe in religon more. THey still suffer more, and thats their "hope"

It all makes sense
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy