Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Bob Huggins

Now that he is going to WV, what happens to K-State? Does Beasley go with Him? what about his other 4 and 3 star recruits? I know there is a thread on Bill walker, but i had other questions too. Cant a player transfer to a school his coach goes to without sitting out a year? I thought that was a rule. But what happens to these players?
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default Re: Bob Huggins

They are screwed unless Kansas St decides to let them out of thier letter of intent so they can transfer to WVU and play for Coach Huggins. If not? They will have to sit out a year if they decide to transfer from K.St. Huggins is a prick. I think the school should let the kids be free to decide where they want to go. They might do that...we dont know yet.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer

Wicked_1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
They are screwed unless Kansas St decides to let them out of thier letter of intent so they can transfer to WVU and play for Coach Huggins. If not? They will have to sit out a year if they decide to transfer from K.St. Huggins is a prick. I think the school should let the kids be free to decide where they want to go. They might do that...we dont know yet.

i'm really suprised he left after one year. i think K state should let them go just because everyone knows the only reason why tehy all decided to go there was for bobby huggins. who wants guys to play for them if they dont even want to be there. he pulled a larry brown on them.
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:38 AM   #4
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

They didn't sign an LOI with Bob Huggins. They signed one with Kansas State. Like I said in another thread, maybe this should be a wakeup call to recruits to pick a university for reasons besides who the head coach is, because that can change at any time. If you're just going to play basketball and bolt to the NBA as soon as you can, then you take on the baggage of big-time college athletics with that decision. Live with it.

You don't have to sign a letter of intent. There's nothing saying you have to do that. If you choose to bind yourself in writing, that's your decision. No one should blame K-State if they choose to not release these kids from their LOI. That's why I never held any ill will toward Charlie Villanueva, who reneged on his Illinois commitment when Bill Self left for Kansas. Kid didn't sign the LOI, left his options open. (Granted, that was because he was sure he was going straight to the NBA, and likely would've reneged on the commitment and stayed out east even if Self and Norm Roberts were still here, but that's besides the point.)

It may be unfair that a coach can go whenever he wants but a kid has to sit out a year. In fact, there's no maybe about it. It's absolutely unfair. But life ain't always fair.

They knew the rules when they signed the document. And if they didn't, they should have.

Besides, releases from LOI's are often conditional, meaning they can go anywhere besides where the new coach is (ie, Beasley couldn't go to WVU; besides, he went there because of Dalonte Hill, not Huggins) or they can't sign with another conference school. So a lot of this nonsense about releasing them from their LOIs so they can play with Huggins is astronomically unlikely. As in, no way, no how, not happening.

Last edited by TheGame414 : 04-10-2007 at 01:43 AM.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: