Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #91
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go
 
Dizzle-2k7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Third Coast, Texas
Posts: 4,665
Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
Enough of these racism crap, how can the guy be racist, I saw him eating at a Popeye's chicken in Harlem, he also owns a blacck and white TV, so the guy is not a racist but I'll pick Horford first before I pick Noah.

Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #92
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cavs Bandwagon
Posts: 13,396
JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I wouldn't be getting annoying if you weren't getting stupid. "We're gonna do it big." So what? He didn't even curse. You're much ado about nothing.

totally unefforted and natural speech, yep, he isnt posing in the slightest
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #93
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star
 
thejoyofsobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,178
thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
totally unefforted and natural speech, yep, he isnt posing in the slightest
Of course it's unnatural speech, he's not speaking French. People pick up accents through osmosis especially when you don't want to sound different from your friends.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #94
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,416
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

haha joakim noah is the man
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:43 PM   #95
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

I'm still lost on what Noah said that created this much of a fuss.

He hasnt said anything that you dont hear other college kids say at night when they are going to, at or leaving a party. Friday night, go to a college campus and just observe the scene. You're gonna hear a lot of random screaming, phrases said. This is before, during and after a party. Bunch of college kids crossing the street when its red and holding up traffic.Bunch of kids in front of a party hyper and excited shouting out whatever. If anything is sterotypical from Noah its the fact he exemplifies a college student to the fullest. And while his langauge (can i use verbiage here? : ) may differ from some people the same theme is there.

"We bout to do it way big!" vs "We're gonna party hard!" vs "I'm gonna get trashed/shytfaced!" Different phrases with similar meanings that different kids may use to express thier excitement at that time and moment. Mofo just won a national title for a school that won it last yr...and add on to the fact won a football national title. Florida has been off the hook. They got bragging rights. His antics dont move me like they do some.

I'm gonna have to side with Get Buckets here.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #96
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 12,060
Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

I dont like his game but that was funny.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #97
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

Someone needs to make a .gif of him dancing.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #98
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,427
wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

I didn't realy expect this topic to drag on as it did, but continue. Somewhere around here is my reason for disliking it.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #99
wild orchid
Serious playground baller
 
wild orchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 278
wild orchid has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

I like him
wild orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #100
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Someone needs to make a .gif of him dancing.

Wow, that banana actually looks like him dancing.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #101
Seņor Cedric
why live??
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,189
Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Unless I'm saying King Kong looks like 50 cent, I do not see an underlying race problem or issue.

Ok, I see your point. It's still a pretty bad comparison.... as a big Noah fan I was offended probably by the general comments in the thread that the picture was a boiling point.

My apologies.


Quote:
The problem is boundary. I think someone leaving messages for me saying "***** chong gook" is a far greater issue than referencing a movie character to another person.

Of course it is, but imagine being Joakim Noah and reading the InsideHoops message boards, and seeing people call him ugly and comparing him facially to the predator?
Probably not the nicest of feelings.

+ something interesting I've discovered in Korea, the origins of the word "gook". From my understanding:
In the Korean war American soldiers had first hand encounters with Koreans, a country that had isolated itself from the Western world. In Korean "mee-gook (미곸)* means "American". Soldiers thought Koreans were saying, "Me gook." As in "I am a gook."

It came from as far back as the 1920's but the Korean war exposed many soldiers (who generally are thick) to first hand encounters with the term "mee-gook".
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #102
jody
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 431
jody has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

is he not a lot more white than black? seems like a pretty clear cut case of a ****** to me.

regardless, i really don't care what box people want to put him in, the guy sounds like a moron, he should never talk on television again.

edit:
WTF?
w i g g e r
is censored?
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #103
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,722
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Joakim Noah just makes it easy for people not to like him.

You don't even know what "******" is, so when you type it it should be censored. Ironic that most of the people on this board calling Noah stupid are ignorant.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy