Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-07-2015, 09:30 PM   #646
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Default Re: Wildcard Game Thread

Just watched Inside the NFL and they went over the PI play, everyone was mic'd up. First Scandrick goes nuts yelling to the refs that every flag has been on Dallas. Then the flag is picked up. When the flag is picked up Stafford goes nuts, demanding an explanation from the refs, and the refs walk over and give him just that, an explanation.

They told him "face-gaurding" isn't a foul.

So... On Inside the NFL they had the head of officiating on the show to break down EVERYTHING on that play. He explained that it was "face-gaurding" and NOT a PI, to which everyone seemed to agree.

Okay, so there is more to this play as everyone knows. The head of officiating did say that there was holding on the play that was missed, and everyone agreed. He said that it was in a hard location for officials to see but that Dallas did in fact get away with a hold.

The facemask by Pettigrew was not touched on.

On to Dez, he explained that no flag should have been thrown on Dez. Helmet rules are only applied to those on those playing, and Dez did not approach anyone in a negative way. So what Dez did can and should be ignored here.

TLDR; There was no PI, there WAS a missed hold, Dez shouldn't have been flagged.

Last edited by ~primetime~ : 01-07-2015 at 09:33 PM.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:41 PM   #647
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Just watched Inside the NFL and they went over the PI play, everyone was mic'd up. First Scandrick goes nuts yelling to the refs that every flag has been on Dallas. Then the flag is picked up. When the flag is picked up Stafford goes nuts, demanding an explanation from the refs, and the refs walk over and give him just that, an explanation.

So... On Inside the NFL they had the head of officiating on the show to break down EVERYTHING on that play. He explained that it was "face-gaurding" and NOT a PI, to which everyone seemed to agree.

Okay, so there is more to this play as everyone knows. The head of officiating did say that there was holding on the play that was missed, and everyone agreed. He said that it was in a hard location for officials to see but that Dallas did in fact get away with a hold.

On to Dez, he explained that no flag should have been thrown on Dez. Helmet rules are only applied to those on those playing, and Dez did not approach anyone in a negative way. So what Dez did can and should be ignored here.

TLDR; There was no PI, there WAS a missed hold, Dez shouldn't have been flagged.

I watched it to.

A blown call is a blown call.

Stop.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:22 AM   #648
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

I didn't expect people to be talking so much about that call, I'm now believeing it is just because it's the Cowboys.

I think it was a bad call. But I've seen worse in more pivotal points in the game that no one even mentioned after the game.

To me, it all boils down to this ; Detroit had its chance to win the game but did not execute and get it done. Period.

If that play would have ended the game I'd be furious, but it didnt, Detroit went on to LOSE the game.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:16 AM   #649
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

There was pass interference. There was contact with the receiver before the ball reached him, which is PI. If it were face guarding there would be no contact.

Here, you can watch it again. He touches his arms before the ball is there.

Last edited by Sarcastic : 01-08-2015 at 03:16 AM.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:54 AM   #650
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.

Clear defensive holding at the least. It's irrelevant though. Dallas will get destroyed by Green Bay.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #651
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Sarcastic, according to head of officiating that wasn't enough contact to warent a PI. Former NY Giant QB Phil Sims agreed, as did Boomer Esiasin.

Everyone agreed that a holding call WAS missed though... So it should have been a first down for that, Dallas got away with that and I'm owning up to that. But no flag for PI or Dez was correct.

Anyone who is outraged by that play should watch that segment of Inside the NFL. They show all the mic'd up audio and how everything went down, interesting stuff to see that we don't get to see during the broadcast.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #652
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Missed penalties on the Lions
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...171012009.html

bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:25 PM   #653
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

I don't care what anyone from ESPN says, that play is the definition of pass interference, clear as day for the world to see, not debatable.

The NFL rules dude, I think his name is Joe Pererra, said on live TV when it happened that it was an obvious pass interference and a blown call. To even debate it is silly to me.

But the fact of the matter is that play did not decide the game. Detroit had their chances and we're not good enough to win. They lost. Time to just acknowledge that it was a bad call that didn't determine the outcome of the game.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:31 PM   #654
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

LOL. is there a single person on this planet who cares about what Phil Sims thinks?
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: