Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #16
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default Re: Carolina Panthers Sign David Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT
So that means we are goin to get A.P.

You just signed Ahman Green to a 4yr deal.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #17
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

I just hope Carolina can snatch Greg Olsen in the draft, to give Jake/David another reliable target. If Morgan can stay healthy, Carolina will finally show the world what they're capable of doing on defense...with Morgan in the lineup, I don't see anyone running over 100 yards on this defense. Too bad Chris Draft left, he was a nice backup MLB.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #18
Suns4Life
Hey-OOOOOOOOO

Suns4Life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
VY was'nt valued that high in the draft

What with him being praised as the second coming of Jesus and all. He was the hometown hero being from Jersey Village and playing at Texas. Him dominating in college, having a brilliant season and pretty much single handedly won his team the championship in one of the best football games, college or pro ever against a team with 2 heisman winners. A guy even took out a page in the Houston Chronicle begging them to draft VY, but ya, he wasn't highly touted at all........
Suns4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #19
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

I can fault Houston for not drafting Bush but not Vince, even though I like Vince better and Vince is a flat out stud. Honestly David Carr never got a shot. I recall his game against the Redskins last year where he got off to a hot start, but after the first 2 drives, he had two dlineman in the backfield nearly every time he dropped back......it was hilarious. Brian Baldinger was like, "This is a travesty, they are killing the career of this young man."

They needed a running back more than a QB, but they needed an o-line more than anything. He had no time to throw for four years, basically. David has talent.......whether he was first pick material is up in the air.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #20
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
I can fault Houston for not drafting Bush but not Vince, even though I like Vince better and Vince is a flat out stud. Honestly David Carr never got a shot. I recall his game against the Redskins last year where he got off to a hot start, but after the first 2 drives, he had two dlineman in the backfield nearly every time he dropped back......it was hilarious. Brian Baldinger was like, "This is a travesty, they are killing the career of this young man."

They needed a running back more than a QB, but they needed an o-line more than anything. He had no time to throw for four years, basically. David has talent.......whether he was first pick material is up in the air.

Exactly...I hope David Carr beats out Delhomme or Delhomme starts off poor and Carr gets a shot because Carr is a good QB. Maybe he's not elite but he isnt as bad as people may think. And by him being released for a backup in Atlanta doesnt change my mind one bit. Houston has no clue. They have lacked frontlines on both sides of the ball long enough. The OL has been the biggest problem since David has been there. I think he was sacked well over 85 times one year...cant recall but i remember it was a lot because the Eagles were mentioned in a history reference in terms of sacks allowed.

That OL avg over 50+ sacks a season with David there. You cant produce under those situations and when he isnt getting sacked he is getting pressured/hurried. Outside of Andre Johnson what talented skill position players has he ever had in his tenure there? And to bring it back to the RB position that was another area of need.

Reggie Bush would have provided rushing but more importantly pass recieving which would have helped somewhat. Still wouldnt negate how poorly constructed that OL is. Its ridiculous.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #21
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Regarding what Voice Of Reason said, I think anyone that calls Carr a bad QB has no clue about football...I agree he might not be an elite QB, but he is far from bad...being a good QB is 50% mental, and when you don't get the time to throw the ball you will be nervous every time you snap the ball...physically you will be worn out and mentaly. Hopefully he gets a chance to throw in Carolina.

Eli is a TALENTED QB, prime example of a QB who's not there mentally yet. Completing 67% of your passes on a team that simply doesn't give you the time in the pocket atleast shows you can play, Andre Johnson led the league in receptions I think but had an average of like 11 yard a catch, that also shows Carr simply doesnt have the time to make a big play...so he has to make a bunch of short passes with the time he gets from that pathetic OL.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:04 AM   #22
duke30
I airball my layups

duke30 has an OK reputation so far

Carr wont start this year, they still got jake.
duke30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #23
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns4Life
What with him being praised as the second coming of Jesus and all. He was the hometown hero being from Jersey Village and playing at Texas. Him dominating in college, having a brilliant season and pretty much single handedly won his team the championship in one of the best football games, college or pro ever against a team with 2 heisman winners. A guy even took out a page in the Houston Chronicle begging them to draft VY, but ya, he wasn't highly touted at all........
what you do in college doesnt necessarily mean you are pro material... his value increased at the end of the season similar to what is happening to Russell. I am not saying he was bad or he wouldnt be good but I believe he was possibly 1st round material not top 3 in the draft material....
you give a good texas prespective but many analyst and scouts had question marks about his ability in the pocket reading defenses his arm strength was good not much for overall accuracy...

In regards to Carr people that think its easy to get hit that many times or pressured that many times doesnt change your game is really stupid and doesnt understand football.

Drafting Bush with that oline would have probably ruined his career as well. the Texans organization was horrible and I hope they change things around.

Eli manning is just a horrible QB...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #24
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
You just signed Ahman Green to a 4yr deal.

But he can make others forget about VY and Reggie.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #25
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
lol yeh you keep thinking that. The Texans are the armpit of the league along with, Raiders, Browns, and Lions.

we improved from 2-14 to 6-10.

We obviously is headed in the right direction.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: