Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
albertpujols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ont
Posts: 474
albertpujols has no real reputation yet.
Default Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

I recently saw a game couple nights ago against the lakers... a 20/20 game and alot of blocks in there.

He should be named the best this time around, and be listed among the first or second team and the defensive team. He's been quite healthy, even more than Yao or Shaq.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #2
paguy1955
High School Starter
 
paguy1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: aurora, CO
Posts: 843
paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpujols
I recently saw a game couple nights ago against the lakers... a 20/20 game and alot of blocks in there.

He should be named the best this time around, and be listed among the first or second team and the defensive team. He's been quite healthy, even more than Yao or Shaq.

because Camby is not the type of player that gets ANY TYPE of national media attention he will NEVER be picked for the all-defensive team..

He is 1st in blocks and 5th in rebounds.. Had another great game last night against the Mavs and not one of his highlights were shown on the evil GOD ESPN!!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
melo4life
I airball my layups
 
melo4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 71
melo4life has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

He definately has been playing really well lately and I guess he could be classified as one of the best Centers in the league at the moment. But as you said, he doesn't get as much media attention, that is why he doesn't get to the good defensive teams and so on, when he deserves to.
melo4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #4
JMEWLS
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

dwight howard or amare stoudemire ring any bells?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #5
paguy1955
High School Starter
 
paguy1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: aurora, CO
Posts: 843
paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
dwight howard or amare stoudemire ring any bells?
Lets see:

Blocks Howard 1.93(13th) Stoudmire 1.3( 30TH) Camby 3.14(1 st)

Rebounds Howard 12.2 (3rd) Stoudmire 9.8(18 th) Camby 11.5 (6 th)

Howard maybe Stoudmire well maybe next season just because the press playes him up alot because of his comeback from injury..Just remember STATS DON'T LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:38 AM   #6
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
albertpujols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ont
Posts: 474
albertpujols has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

Hmmm... I did not consider Amare and Howard because they both are listed as center - forwards (PF) which they have stood by for their careers.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:30 AM   #7
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
Lets see:

Blocks Howard 1.93(13th) Stoudmire 1.3( 30TH) Camby 3.14(1 st)

Rebounds Howard 12.2 (3rd) Stoudmire 9.8(18 th) Camby 11.5 (6 th)

Howard maybe Stoudmire well maybe next season just because the press playes him up alot because of his comeback from injury..Just remember STATS DON'T LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that's a stupid post.

Remember - STATS DON'T TELL THE WHOLE STORY EITHER

Camby is only so good at defense because his team is so poor at it, if he was at Detroit or San Antonio his defensive efforts would go largely unnoticed.

BTW, why didn't you have a look at the points in the comparison? Because Camby is last out of the three?

Stats aren't the whole game, whoever told you that has lied to you.

IMO, Camby is not even close to top 3 this season. Even Tyson Chandler is better then him.

Top 5
1. Dwight Howard
2. Amare Stoudamire
3. Eddy Curry
4. Tyson Chandler
5. Yao Ming (only fifth because of injuries)
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:36 AM   #8
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
albertpujols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ont
Posts: 474
albertpujols has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn

Top 5
1. Dwight Howard
2. Amare Stoudamire
3. Eddy Curry
4. Tyson Chandler
5. Yao Ming (only fifth because of injuries)

Hmmm, where this come from?

Yeah points don't lie, but defensively he has edged out every one on that list.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:43 AM   #9
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpujols
Hmmm, where this come from?

Yeah points don't lie, but defensively he has edged out every one on that list.

Whilst being ineffective in the Denver Nuggets offensive gameplan?

All them players have good offensive/defensive games, with the exception of Curry.

Tyson Chandler might be on less points, but he shoots 60% or something, and given more shots, I'm sure he could be a 15PPG guy.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:54 AM   #10
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
albertpujols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ont
Posts: 474
albertpujols has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Whilst being ineffective in the Denver Nuggets offensive gameplan?

All them players have good offensive/defensive games, with the exception of Curry.

Tyson Chandler might be on less points, but he shoots 60% or something, and given more shots, I'm sure he could be a 15PPG guy.

Marcus Camby has a solid scoring touch actually- 11 points a game is solid considering Mello and Iverson. Camby is actually 2nd among centers in assists per game, at around 3.5. He is a guy to turn to with regards to the offensive gameplan, not necessarily on the basis of scoring.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 AM   #11
paguy1955
High School Starter
 
paguy1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: aurora, CO
Posts: 843
paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Wow that's a stupid post.

Remember - STATS DON'T TELL THE WHOLE STORY EITHER

Camby is only so good at defense because his team is so poor at it, if he was at Detroit or San Antonio his defensive efforts would go largely unnoticed.

BTW, why didn't you have a look at the points in the comparison? Because Camby is last out of the three?

Stats aren't the whole game, whoever told you that has lied to you.

IMO, Camby is not even close to top 3 this season. Even Tyson Chandler is better then him.

Top 5
1. Dwight Howard
2. Amare Stoudamire
3. Eddy Curry
4. Tyson Chandler
5. Yao Ming (only fifth because of injuries)


Tyson Chandler.. come on get real..eddie curry come on stats are the game it what they produce ON THE FLOOR NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT... so 3 of the 5 centers you picked are NOT gonna make the playoffs AND camby is NOT looked to score he is the third or fourth scoring option on his team
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:19 AM   #12
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 421
AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

I donno about "best center" but he's the best defensive center in the league today....
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #13
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
Tyson Chandler.. come on get real..eddie curry come on stats are the game it what they produce ON THE FLOOR NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT... so 3 of the 5 centers you picked are NOT gonna make the playoffs AND camby is NOT looked to score he is the third or fourth scoring option on his team

Again, trust me when i say this. - STATS DON'T TELL THE WHOLE STORY, don't try convincing me they do.

Amare? Going to the playoffs.

Dwight? Going to the playoffs

Yao? Going to the playoffs

Tyson? Just missed the playoffs (however with the full NOK team they would be able to make it.

Curry? Really has come along this season and proven that he can be an inside target. His rebounding numbers really aren't as bad as people think they are.

Anyway, 3 of my picks ARE going to be in the playoffs, and one or both of the my other picks will most likely be in the playoffs next year.

This thread is about Marcus Camby being the best center this season. Unfortunately, without offense, he's not the best center. Not even close, for the simple reason that he's ineffective on offense.

Quote:
I donno about "best center" but he's the best defensive center in the league today....

I said before, he's only so good on defense because his whole team sucks. Thus, inflating his rebounding and blocking stats. If you actually watch him play, you'll see the reason he gets as many blocks and boards as he does.

Update: In the Lakers game today, he has 2 points (1-9 shooting) and 20 out of his teams 46 boards, or about 40%. Along with 6 blocks. *game still going*

Good defense (because no one else is actually playing defense). Bad offense.

Last edited by AtTheDriveIn : 04-09-2007 at 11:28 PM.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:25 AM   #14
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
albertpujols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ont
Posts: 474
albertpujols has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn

I said before, he's only so good on defense because his whole team sucks.

Update: In the Lakers game today, he has 2 points (1-9 shooting) and 20 out of his teams 46 boards, or about 40%. Along with 6 blocks. *game still going*

Good defense (because no one else is actually playing defense). Bad offense.

Iono you can't really base it on one game. I could post the fact that Curry had 5 rebounds in 39 minutes today. I actually didn't count Yao, because of the sole purpose of his long injury woes this season (Shaq also). Guys like Howard and Duncan play forward and center, so I wasn't sure as to what category they will pinpoint to. It's ignorant to say that the whole Denver team sucks as a reason for Camby's defensive stats. He still worked to earn his numbers. 7 blocks don't just come to you because your team 'sucks' on defense.

His offensive game is not what you call bad though. 11 point average with 3.5 assists in alright (better than Chandlers). Ben Wallace is a example where offence isn't everything. His offensive game is considerably worse than Camby's, yet he was able to make the All-NBA team several times.

You also didn't mention that the Denver Nuggets are likely making the playoffs. A more likely factor than Orlando, who are borderline playoffs.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:55 AM   #15
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marcus Camby- Best Center this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpujols
Iono you can't really base it on one game. I could post the fact that Curry had 5 rebounds in 39 minutes today. I actually didn't count Yao, because of the sole purpose of his long injury woes this season (Shaq also). Guys like Howard and Duncan play forward and center, so I wasn't sure as to what category they will pinpoint to. It's ignorant to say that the whole Denver team sucks as a reason for Camby's defensive stats. He still worked to earn his numbers. 7 blocks don't just come to you because your team 'sucks' on defense.

His offensive game is not what you call bad though. 11 point average with 3.5 assists in alright (better than Chandlers). Ben Wallace is a example where offence isn't everything. His offensive game is considerably worse than Camby's, yet he was able to make the All-NBA team several times.

You also didn't mention that the Denver Nuggets are likely making the playoffs. A more likely factor than Orlando, who are borderline playoffs.

I went by whatever the player was listed as during the All-Star break, and all were listed as centers.

Chandler has only in recent months started playing like the dominant player everyone knew he could be. want proof?

February/ per game stats - 12pts, 16rbs, 2blocks, 61% shooting
March/ per game stats - 12pts, 12rbs, 2blocks, 65% shooting

most recent play obviously influences anyone more then anything. Clearly Tyson Chandler is much better then Camby is in these last couple of months.

(for the record, Camby's numbers --
February/ per game stats - 8pts, 10rbs, 3blocks, 46% shooting
March/ per game stats - 10pts, 10rbs, 3blocks, 47% shooting)

If we're basing this on stats like some other idiot in here said, then its obvious Camby is not the best center around.

Even in game play, Chandler looks to be a lot more effective then Camby is.

I didn't list the April games because, not many have been played.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy