Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-07-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default State of the Knicks Address

Since the season is officially over(we may hit the 50 loss mark again), some things are in order.

1) Who stays who goes in the off-season?
2) What players have consistently kept us entertained all year?
3) Does doaln feels like a dope right now?
4) Who should the Knicks draft with the Bulls pick?
5) Who could the Knicks have had with their own pick if they had it?
6) Was the Eddy Curry trade worth making?
7) what are Knicks most glaring weakness?
8) What you do if you were the GM?
9) Who has been the most diasappointing player?
10) Grade Zeke, the coach.

Here are my takes.....
1) Francis(waived), sign and trade with Seattle for Rashard Lewis. Use Crawford, Nate(natives), Jeffries.

2) I gotta give it to Marbury. Although his stats don't reflect it, he has bought in and hasn't quit all year. Lee and Balkman are very close runner-ups. They come in and give the effort every minute they play.

3) Dolan should just jump in front of the A-train at 5:02.

4) Man I hope Acie Law falls down to us. Man I hope he does. but if not I at least trust Zeke with his drafting.

5) I got a strange feeling Oden is gonna be wearing a Bulls uni next year. The first pick never goes to the worst record.

6) Hell no!!!!!! if we didn't have Curry we might would have had Oden this year.

7) Same as it was last year....turnovers. Less turnovers means more scoring opportunities. Points on the board always overshadow bad defense. Ask Phoenix.

8)If I were the GM, I would have built from the draft from year one. Even though NY is not a rebuilding type of town, accepting a losing franchise is worse. I would show the city of New York that I am willing to put an entertaining group on the floor, keep an honest operating cost, hire a defensive-minded coach preferrably one of San Antonio's assistants.
Also i would keep a staff on hand that can work with the players on a one-on-one basis. Shot blocking and defensive awareness would be the priority(Patrick Ewing). Secondly crisp ball distribution and floor spacing(where is Derek Harper now-a-days). I believe he is an asssistant coach somewhere.

9)I'm going with Frye. I can't get over seeing a 6'11", 260 pound shooting guard. Nothing else to say on that.

10)Zeke has gotten a younger team, he just wouldn't let the youngsters play.
Time and time again, the youngsters like Balkman have given very good efforts, but never get consistent time. Collins has shown he can play. i had been looking for his time since the season's beggining.
Zeke grade is an F, due to the fact he is only playing the youngsters due to injuries. He recognizes youth in drafting as the GM, then is too stupid to play them as the coach. Yeah he gets this F.

Your thoughts. Peace.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:01 AM   #2
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: State of the Knicks Address

Zeke gets an F? nah man cmon give him a break. Compared to last season he made the knicks a contender and gave them a chance to make the playoffs.

Cant blame him for all the injuries down the stretch.

At the start of the year every1 was ready to pounce on Isiah and fire him as soon as he made a bad move.

IMO he deserves at least a B-
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:36 AM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Get a young PG to back up Marbury. The truth of the matter is that he isn't getting younger. They need somebody to move the ball around with some court intelligence when he's out. Collins can't do that, Balkman, Robinson and Crawford definitely can't. This season was a disaster. A few more wins didn't improve anything for me. All the games that we should have won and didn't are the ones that pissed me off. Dolan you punk. Zeke you suck nards.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:20 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
Zeke gets an F? nah man cmon give him a break. Compared to last season he made the knicks a contender and gave them a chance to make the playoffs.

Cant blame him for all the injuries down the stretch.

At the start of the year every1 was ready to pounce on Isiah and fire him as soon as he made a bad move.

IMO he deserves at least a B-

He gets an F......consider these.
1) He is only playing Balkman because every one else is injured. the same can be said of Mardy Collins.
2) He hindered Frye even more than Frye did to himself by starting Jerome James.
3) He benched his key aquisition (Jared Jeffries), 5 games after he returned from lengthy injury without allowing the dude to get into shape. Then said it was Jeffries own fault.
4) He failed over and over to put his best line-up on the floor. Malik Rose and kelvin cato have no reason to be robbing meaningful youth minutes.
5) He has no clue on how to use his time-out wisely. Plenty of times this season he has just stood there watching his team get blown out before using a 20.
6) He is actually using the injury excuse as if the knicks were .500 before these rash of injuries.
7) He just said recently his priority with Curry is to help him develop a jumper. amazingly that's not Curry's most obvious weakness, thus proving he sucks at player development.

i would name more but I'm sleepy,

Zeke sucks as a GM and Coach. He would be a very ggod scout though. he has an eye for draft prospects, just doesn't know how to develop them.

F....for sure.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:51 AM   #5
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
1) He is only playing Balkman because every one else is injured. the same can be said of Mardy Collins.
2) He hindered Frye even more than Frye did to himself by starting Jerome James.
3) He benched his key aquisition (Jared Jeffries), 5 games after he returned from lengthy injury without allowing the dude to get into shape. Then said it was Jeffries own fault.
4) He failed over and over to put his best line-up on the floor. Malik Rose and kelvin cato have no reason to be robbing meaningful youth minutes.
5) He has no clue on how to use his time-out wisely. Plenty of times this season he has just stood there watching his team get blown out before using a 20.
6) He is actually using the injury excuse as if the knicks were .500 before these rash of injuries.
7) He just said recently his priority with Curry is to help him develop a jumper. amazingly that's not Curry's most obvious weakness, thus proving he sucks at player development.

Zeke sucks as a GM and Coach. He would be a very ggod scout though. he has an eye for draft prospects, just doesn't know how to develop them.

F....for sure.

Dude, you got him on point. F from me, too. His coaching is just horrible. There is no way anyone of us on this forum could do worse than Zeke. NO WAY.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:38 AM   #6
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

This is laughable...

I've seen a constant bashing since the Knicks started to lose, no one caring if it was the youngsters playing only caring about the wins, and now Isiah sucks because he only played the youngsters because of the injurys, like winning wasn't important

There's a lot of retarded Knicks fans on this board...
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Channing Frye, Nate Robinson, Malik Rose, and Steve Francis will all get traded.
Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford(pre-injury),Eddy Curry
3) Does Dolan feels like a dope right now?
I hope so.
I have no clue.
Joakim Noah?
Yes, we got the better end of the deal. However, it hasn't actually helped us win more games.
Turnovers, shot blocking, perimeter defense.
Trade Eddy Curry, Nate Rob and Channing Frye for a super star forward(Gasol, JO, KG). I think we'll be fine from there.
Channing Frye
B
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
This is laughable...

I've seen a constant bashing since the Knicks started to lose, no one caring if it was the youngsters playing only caring about the wins, and now Isiah sucks because he only played the youngsters because of the injurys, like winning wasn't important

There's a lot of retarded Knicks fans on this board...

Actually we have been ripping Zeke the whole season, take a look back at some of the past threads over the months.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #9
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

We trade away Curry/Frye, Crawford/Nate, and Francis (so that contracts match up) for players who can play defense (Emeka Okafor) and can pass the ball well (JO, Pau Gasol, KG)
All year, it would be Marbury but before his injury David Lee. He's been the light in the dark for our team and I feel that he could one day he could be great
I hope so
No idea really, hopefully a back-up point guard
Hopefully someone who looked good in college but turns out to be a bust so I can laugh at Bulls fans
Yes, just not the amount we gave in
Marbury's age, Q-Rich's back, Frye's softness, Curry's bad defense, Curry being turnover prone, Curry's bad passing, and Isiah Thomas
Hire a new coach to take my place, try my darndest to get some new well-rounded players, and hire Patrick Ewing to show Curry what's up...(maybe when Shaq retires we can grab him)
Francis, after all that we gave up for him (expiring contract, budding talent) he has a couple of 20 point games and like 7 turnovers in each of those games to show for it. I don't want to waive him (his contract allows us to get other players that we wouldn't normally get) but he's not the right player for us
10) Grade Zeke, the coach
C-, Curry played very well this season with your help, Marbury controlled the offense the first half of the season, David Lee transformed into an amazing player. Once you actually played Balkman, he showed what he could do. Until other teams figured us out, we were playing good ball with good chemistry. That doesn't quite make up for the fact that Frye had a horrible season, for someone you started Jerome James. Scratch that, for some reason you played Jerome James at all. You didn't play our young guys until we suffered 4 major injuries to our players. You refused to start David Lee, even though we played the best ball of the season when we started him...
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #10
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Actually we have been ripping Zeke the whole season, take a look back at some of the past threads over the months.

Indeed. Especially when we found out about this retarded move.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...343#post664343

Zeke might have been a hell of a player in the 80's but the 80's have come and gone. Coaching is a whole different thing and Zeke has no clue how to do it.

There is no way I'm going to give this man props. He did not do a good job. Better record? It was to be expected. Really wasn't much of an improvement there anyway. Zeke sucks nards.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:55 PM   #11
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Yea, Ive been bashing Thomas since the old board. I tought he might actually help the knicks when he got here, but ever since he started making moves ...I realized he had no idea what he was doing. At this point I dont care if hes coach, just get us a real GM to make some smart moves.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #12
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:

F....for sure.

1) they were raw rookies. they werent drafted very high so i dont really see a problem with not playing them all that much at the start. especially when you have marbury, robinson, francis, lee, frye, jeffries, etc. playing their positions.

2) frye hindered himself. the man cant make a jumper anymore. shots he was hitting last year he cant hit this year. thats it... every1 blames isiah for his regression, how bout blaming him, hes just not playing even as well as last year and he had all the opportunity. he started a bunch of games before the james thing and underperformed as he did the rest of the year.

3) if ur a$s aint performing, u get benched. he was horrible at this time.

4) malik rose was a significant role player and fan favorite in san antonio, n he comes to a garbage team and hardly plays. kelvin cato played about 5 minutes this season. i dont know if thats considered robbing minutes.

5) no stats or anything is gonna confirm or dispute this, but i dont think it was that big a problem if at all cuz the knicks usually came back anyway.

6) they werent above .500 before the injuries and injuries are always part of the game. but they were .500 for a long span during the season (something like .500 during their last 30-40 games at one point) right before the injuries really hit. and had they kept it up they would hold a playoff spot.

7) his obvious weakness might be defense, but a huge one also is beating a double team. whats one way to beat a double team? a jumper. and where do u get your basis for saying that he sucks at player development? who exactly are you talking about besides frye? he developed a lot of young players. damon stoudamire, jermaine oneal, al harrington, jamal tinsley, eddy curry, etc (david lee also has developed btw but youll probably say it was in spite of thomas) and his players LOVE him. everytime the knicks play the pacers the pacer players always give him love as well as his other former players.

Last edited by knicks15 : 04-07-2007 at 08:33 PM.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Only two people can actually think Zeke has done a great job. Zeke and Dolan.

Which one are you?

I won't comment on that garbage you wrote. You will not find one Knick fan who has watched this team that will say Zeke has done a good job.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:06 PM   #14
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Only two people can actually think Zeke has done a great job. Zeke and Dolan.

Which one are you?

I won't comment on that garbage you wrote. You will not find one Knick fan who has watched this team that will say Zeke has done a good job.

its garbage cuz it proved you wrong. i didnt say hes doing a great job, just that those points are rambling nonsense
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #15
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

-Steve Francis and Jerome James. Unless we get a ridiculous trade offer ala Gasol, KG, O'Neal and etc. , keep this team intact and let them gel.

-Stephon Marbury and Eddy Curry. Both have kept us in games and I like the way they've improved there games. I would like to add Lee in there as well, but he's been injured as of late and Balkman has shown flashes here and there. Hence, they don't fit the consistent label

-Now? If Dolan doesn't realized that he isn't a dope at this point, then he's borderline retarted. It's his money, and he's okaying Jerome James, Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, and Jeffries acquisitions? Hey it's not my money, but I sure as f-ck know that doesn't make $en$e.

-A swingman with an outside shot. A backup PG would be fine to, but I think Mardy will be a decent backup point, so I would prefer the swingman.

-In a perfect world, we get Brandon Roy with last year pick and tank this year and get Oden. Realistically what could of happened, Aldridge/Roy and Brewer/Harford.

-In a perfect world, we get Brandon Roy with last year pick and tank this year and get Oden. Realistically what could of happened, Aldridge/Roy and Brewer/Harford.

-Eh, too early to tell. If Curry keeps making progress like he did this year, then I say yes. But if he just maintains a status quo from here on out, then no.

-Perimeter offense, post defense, and shotblocking.

-Ask for a raise first.

-Frye by far. Right now when we could use some offense, he's been non-existent. I would rather watch him try to score then Mardy or Balkman or whatever. It's just disappointing to see him be so passive.

- As a coach C+. We basically have the same team as last year and we almost have 10 more wins and he deserves some credit with Curry's development. He's also had to deal with a lot of injury problems. But at the same time, there is way too much talent on this team to be so abysmal in the eastern conference.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: