Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-09-2016, 11:41 PM   #901
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Default Re: Patriots cheating ("Deflate-gate") confirmed

A 7th grader was even able to scientifically prove that the NFL lies about Deflategate...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ls-deflate-own

Seventh-grader shows footballs can deflate on own in science project

LYNN, Mass. -- Seventh-grader Ben Goodell has earned honors at a Massachusetts school science fair for his demonstration of how footballs can deflate on their own.

Ben Goodell -- no relation to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell -- tells The Daily Item he wanted to prove that the New England Patriots' Tom Brady didn't deflate footballs in the scandal that has followed the quarterback since the 2014 AFC Championship Game.

The St. Pius V Elementary School student said he exposed properly inflated footballs to different weather conditions, including humidity and snow. He said the footballs dropped by 2 PSI after two hours every time.

Ben Goodell won the outstanding project award at the February science fair.

NFL lawyers have asked a federal appeals court in New York City to reinstate the league's four-game suspension of Brady. A ruling is unlikely for weeks.

News
GOODELL DEFLATES GOODELL’S POINT

Last edited by Euroleague : 03-09-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #902
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

All the clowns in this thread saying, "if the Patriots did not cheat, then how come Bob Kraft accepted to lose draft picks"............

Kraft just officially requested the NFL actually provide proof that the Patriots deflated the balls (something the NFL still has not done), otherwise the NFL will need to return the Patriots draft picks.

He also requested the NFL release the PSI info they have from games this year, which the NFL so far has not done.

Of course, this thread continues to suffer from a deafening silence lately...
Old 04-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #903
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

And the suspension's back.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:15 PM   #904
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

New England Patriots and Tom Brady haters suicide watch countdown commences in 3...2....1....

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/why...ate-tom-brady/

Interestingly, while to fans Brady may well be football’s Armstrong, among current and former players and coaches, Deflategate—much like the New Orleans Saints’ Bountygate—was greeted with a shrug and a sigh. There are two primary camps when it comes to Brady and alleged cheating: those who believe the NFL overstepped its boundaries and those who believe the prevalence of cheating is so widespread it matters not.

The leading voice in category B is John Teerlinck, a longtime NFL defensive line coach who retired in 2012 after 11 years with the Colts. In 27 total seasons in the league (four as a player, 23 on the sidelines), Teerlinck says he witnessed every sort of imaginable rules violation. Vaseline-coated jerseys? Check. Taping the practices of opposing teams? Check. Paying off players for vicious hits? Check. Deflating and inflating footballs? Check.

“Everyone—and I mean everyone—is guilty of doctoring and messing with footballs,” he says. “But the media makes a big deal out of something that’s not a big deal. At home games, I’ve seen teams take 50 footballs, put them in the sun, roll them around, scuff them up. I’ve seen kickers take 45-pound plates from the bench room, put the nose of the football through the weight and drop the ball through, just to break the nose off either end of the ball and un-stiff it. I can tell you stories about two-way glass divides where one team spies on the other. I can tell you about microphones in the visiting team’s locker room. I can tell you about guys coming in and taking pictures of what coaches write on the board. There’s no end to it.”

Were Teerlinck still coaching, he says he would have complained about the deflated footballs—“but not out of any real anger. I’d just want an edge.” Truth be told, the man who hated the majority of opposing quarterbacks (“It’s a position of wimps,” he says) doesn’t merely admire Brady. He loves him.

“When you’re good, people don’t like you,” says Teerlinck. “The cheating thing—that’s just bulls--t. Tom Brady is really good.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 01-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #905
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Interviewer:

"Are the Patriots cheaters because of Spygate?"

Bill Cowher:

“You know, let me just say this: To answer your question, no, I don’t think so, it’s not an advantage for one team over another.

I just know as a head coach, you are always looking for a competitive edge. We had people out there trying to look at signals. We had guys go to games. They would tape the signal caller and also write it down. They would take it back and match up the signals with the game film and certain defenses with certain plays that were being called, particularly the defenses being called, to see if we could come up with some kind of an alert for a signal. So, what they did with videotaping the signal caller, people do it with the people in the stands!!

These people sitting there in the stands, looking at the signal, writing it down and matching up the 1st and 10 signal. OK? Then you go back again and the 2nd and 10 and here’s the signal. You do that for a whole game. You then go back and match up the defenses with the signal. And you can come up with what the signal was.

So, you don’t need a video tape with what they were talking about doing. And people were doing it. WE were doing that. Everybody does that. You’re TRYING to gain a competitive edge. There is nothing wrong with that.

That’s why baseball players go through the mirage of signals. They’ve got all these different codes. That’s part of the competitive spirit of the game. I think it’s totally overblown. I think if you get caught (signals compromised), then do what we did and go to wristbands, if you are worried about it. We started putting defenses on wristbands. Then you find a way to not get caught (signals compromised). When your good at something and people try steal from ya, I think it’s flattering.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patriots haters and Brady haters take another gigantic L...

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-26-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:56 PM   #906
riseagainst
LeGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Interviewer:

"Are the Patriots cheaters because of Spygate?"

Bill Cowher:

“You know, let me just say this: To answer your question, no, I don’t think so, it’s not an advantage for one team over another.

I just know as a head coach, you are always looking for a competitive edge. We had people out there trying to look at signals. We had guys go to games. They would tape the signal caller and also write it down. They would take it back and match up the signals with the game film and certain defenses with certain plays that were being called, particularly the defenses being called, to see if we could come up with some kind of an alert for a signal. So, what they did with videotaping the signal caller, people do it with the people in the stands!!

These people sitting there in the stands, looking at the signal, writing it down and matching up the 1st and 10 signal. OK? Then you go back again and the 2nd and 10 and here’s the signal. You do that for a whole game. You then go back and match up the defenses with the signal. And you can come up with what the signal was.

So, you don’t need a video tape with what they were talking about doing. And people were doing it. WE were doing that. Everybody does that. You’re TRYING to gain a competitive edge. There is nothing wrong with that.

That’s why baseball players go through the mirage of signals. They’ve got all these different codes. That’s part of the competitive spirit of the game. I think it’s totally overblown. I think if you get caught (signals compromised), then do what we did and go to wristbands, if you are worried about it. We started putting defenses on wristbands. Then you find a way to not get caught (signals compromised). When your good at something and people try steal from ya, I think it’s flattering.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patriots haters and Brady haters take another gigantic L...

Brady/Patriots haters in suicide mode.

riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: