Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-24-2015, 04:07 AM   #16
plowking
Verticle?

Default Re: Curry Stans be like, he's better than 2011 MVP D-Rose

Derrick Rose becoming a decent defender is one of the biggest myths I've seen in the NBA. All the numbers suggested otherwise from that season, as well as watching the damn games.

Dude was letting damn near every match up of his get into the paint and distribute, especially in the playoffs. He made 2011 Jeff Teague look like a 10 year veteran star player.

Rose deserved the MVP, but he has never even been an average defender. Shockingly bad is how I would describe him on his worst night, with below average being his best.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:18 AM   #17
SamuraiSWISH
For the Culture

Jeff Teague has proved he can ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Shockingly bad is how I would describe him on his worst night, with below average being his best.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:43 AM   #18
knicksman
NBA All-star

Last time I checked. Bulls had the same winning % as the year Rose won MVP while missing almost half the season. Bulls are stacked too. And we gonna act like bulls shouldnt be ousted by a 37 win team if not for the refs.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:46 AM   #19
They Won
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
I don't remember Keith Bogans dropping 52 in 35 minutes, going totally NBA Jam for a 37 point quarter.

This is dumb. By this standard, Curry is not better than anybody because I don't remember anybody else having a teammate drop 52 in 35 minutes, going totally NBA Jam for a 37 point quarter.
They Won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:30 AM   #21
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Quote:
I don't remember Keith Bogans dropping 52 in 35 minutes, going totally NBA Jam for a 37 point quarter.

Let's be real, Steph isn't MVP. This Warriors team is utterly stacked, and built perfectly for the league today. They gun it offensively. They have unlimited amounts of great shooters, rebounders, passers, and defenders.

All they did was get rid of dead weight, that monkey coach for a quality, intelligent head coach did wonders for that team.

Both the warriors now and bulls back then are stacked breh. Nobody was Klay good but a #1 defeense along having the highest rebounding differential at the same damn time is luxury to have as well.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:36 AM   #22
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
Last time I checked. Bulls had the same winning % as the year Rose won MVP while missing almost half the season. Bulls are stacked too. And we gonna act like bulls shouldnt be ousted by a 37 win team if not for the refs.

the pacers had a coaching change halfway through the season. they would have easily won at least 45 games if they Frank for the entire year
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:16 AM   #23
DMV2
Banned

As somebody who has always defended Rose's 2011 MVP season, I never brought up Keith Bogans as a reason why Rose deserved that MVP for playing with one of the worth starting SG of the past 20 years.

I'll be sure to bring that up next time somebody say Rose didnt deserve that MVP.

And by OP's logic, I'll also say that 2011 MVP D-Rose is better than 3-peat Shaq because Shaq had a teammate who also scored 50+ points in a game that same year.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:29 AM   #24
nathanjizzle
Trumptard Persecutor

No way curry is better than mvp rose.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:18 AM   #25
Angel Face
Caped Baldy

No point guard today is better than MVP Rose. Curry is good, but lacks the athleticism. Westbrook is athletic but dumb. Chris Paul is the better pure point guard but MVP Rose is the better scorer and more athletic. "If" Rose didn't get injured and played the last 2 years healthy, he could be the best player today. 1. Rose 2. Durant 3. Lebron, but injuries ****ed up Derrick's entry to his prime. This year is suppose to be the start of his prime years.
Angel Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:24 AM   #26
Hotlantadude81
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning

Stan Van Gundy = COY

Dude is not even close to being the coach of year. You must be stupid.

There is not even a case that can be made.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 01-24-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #27
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Steph Curry is still the man on this team, make no mistake. He's gonna be leading this team to 50+ win seasons for a very long time. His game will age like fine wine.

Besides, Lebron won MVP with Wade and Bosh on his team, so I don't see why you can't give it to Curry.

Wade / Bosh didnt average the same or better PPG than Lebron (which Klay actually does per 36/per minute than Curry)..... Lebron was a better scorer, shooter, rebounder, passer & defender than them and carried them in the playoffs when they were at their absolute worst and/or even injured.... he was every single game the most responsible for that teams success..... the very moment Lebron played bad they would lose... you cant say that with Curry & GSW, heck look at last night, he played horrible, when Lebron would go 3 of 11, 10 pts, 6 TO's you wouldnt see Wade or Bosh drop 37 in a qtr & finish with 52 points, in 32 minutes, they would not even combine for that.......

You cant say the same with Klay / Curry, the only notable difference between Klay & Curry is the passing, but then i think Klay is a better defender.... and ofcourse one is a PG and the other SG..... i think Klay is just as responsible for that teams success....

Last edited by pauk : 01-24-2015 at 09:18 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #28
Akhenaten
Local High School Star

Quote:
Curry will age like fine wine in a league that no longer lets you be physical with perimeter players, yes. That is assuming his case of the glass ankles don't return. Warriors have ample offensive opportunity all around that boosts everyone's stats because of the pace and style. Shooters galore.

Akhenaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:42 AM   #29
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year

Curry Stans are right. Curry this year > MVP Rose. Not a contest really.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:42 AM   #30
SexSymbol
You are amazing

Curry is better, better scorer, better playmaker, has better stats even while playing significantly less minutes.
SexSymbol is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: