Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #31
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputation

personally, I think you're just looking for something new to cry about.

i think its a good deal for both sides. what do other mavs think about this?
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:58 PM   #32
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you know, i wasnt one of the ref conspiracy guys.....

from what I have read is many are in love with JETs shooting but think the deal is too long. however they are the same ones who were outraged that Nick Van Exel was traded when his value was at an all time high. short sighted i say. bad deal bad deal bad deal.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #33
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

If it weren't for Terry, Mavs would be looking at two first round exits. If all Terry can do is shoot, then Harris is good at nothing.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #34
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputation

and as we all know, shooters are worthless in the game of basketball.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

By resigning him to a 6yr deal how does this affect Devin Harris?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES

See this suit? This suit permits me to call him erika.

That seriously made me laugh. Holy ***** what the ***** was he thinkin? I dont even remember that suit. Who is Erika's sports agent...KentATM?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #36
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Exclamation You've been...

Quote:
By resigning him to a 6yr deal how does this affect Devin Harris?

I guess Jason Terry will be their starting PG for a while.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #37
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

Devin Harris proved in the finals that he's not ready to be a starting PG for a contender.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #38
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Terry is good, definitely has his weaknesses, and is a SG playing PG. I think as he continues to learn from Avery, he'll be more of a team-oriented player. Besides passing, he needs to go to the basket more often though. His game is completely based around the jumpshot, it gets so predictable sometimes. It's good Terry is coming back, just for the sole purpose of continuity.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Devin is gonna bolt Dallas.

Getting Terry back isnt bad. I enjoyed watching him play. He was hitting some big shots. Plus thats a reasonable deal too.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #40
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Terry can still be effective as he gets older, all the way to 34. He doesn't have a history of being injured a lot and has averaged 80 games per season in his career. First off with Harris, he just needs to show that he can stay healthy during the season.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #41
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

at 34 years old terry will still be quick enough to do sum damage.

Look at Gary Payton, at 33-34 gary was still quick enough to penetrate. and Terry is quicker then Payton ever was.

it does say that Harris is not ready. get that kid in the weight room and let him have DIrks trainer.

if devin harris could be 20 pounds heavier he would be much better defensively and offensively to the basket. When he defends guys like Wade,Francis,Gordon he can cut their lanes off but all they have to do is bump him slightly to get space to get a clean look up.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:36 PM   #42
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

harris needs a jump shot more than anything else.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #43
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
its a bad deal b/c he will be 34 when its over. its a bad deal b/c all he can do is shoot. its a bad deal b/c he should be a 6th man, not a starting PG.

Harris should start already? Alright put Terry on the bench , not only did he carry the mavs on his back in the Finals but he avg. 17 pts in the reg. season. Until Harris puts up those numbers the young blood should sit.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #44
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Cool Take me all the way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
at 34 years old terry will still be quick enough to do sum damage.

Look at Gary Payton, at 33-34 gary was still quick enough to penetrate. and Terry is quicker then Payton ever was.

it does say that Harris is not ready. get that kid in the weight room and let him have DIrks trainer.

if devin harris could be 20 pounds heavier he would be much better defensively and offensively to the basket. When he defends guys like Wade,Francis,Gordon he can cut their lanes off but all they have to do is bump him slightly to get space to get a clean look up.

I don't know about that. Payton in his prime wasn't called "The Glove" for nothing..
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Murder
I don't know about that. Payton in his prime wasn't called "The Glove" for nothing..

He was called the glove because of his DEFENSE you baboon. WTF does speed factor into it? Terry is known as the JET because of his quickness on the court. I never saw GP run just as fast in his prime.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: