Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-01-2006, 11:39 PM   #76
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
BECAUSE THEY F U C K I N G INTERVIEWED HIM DUMBA S S wow is that so hard to admit?
Yeah he's quick, but not that quick. We don't call Devin Harris or D Armstrong - who both possess better quickness than Terry - JET but why all of a sudden Terry is JET because he's so lightning quick?

At least be a man and admit that his nickname JET is from his full name in the first place you sucka.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #77
Shogon
High School Starter

Shogon has no real reputation yet.

Anyone who thinks that this is a good deal for the Mavs is a tard. Jason Terry isn't worth that, and there are numerous other guys that could be put into his place for far less and produce the same.

However, if they feel that he is absolutely vital in terms of chemistry, you can understand why they did it. I disagree that he is, but eh...
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #78
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
Anyone who thinks that this is a good deal for the Mavs is a tard
Its a good deal compared to the huge contracts being thrown around in the NBA which is really setting new standards . I mean what hes making a little more then Erika now I believe.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #79
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Anyone who thinks that this is a good deal for the Mavs is a tard.

People who say things like "anyone who thinks ________ is a tard" are even more retarded, especially in this case.

Name me numerous other players, ESPECIALLY at his price value (or for less, allegedly) who could come in and be as valuable to the Mavs as Terry?

This is the team's second leading scorer, who takes and makes big shots in the 4th quarter all year long, who also can run the point (he doesn't rack up many assists but he does lead them in this category). He was easily their best player in the finals, and really the only starter who didn't have a bad series.

Given that the Mavs, with him running the show, were a call/shot/stop away from possibly winning the finals.........I'd like to know WHY this is not a good deal.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #80
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
Given that the Mavs, with him running the show, were a call/shot/stop away from possibly winning the finals.........I'd like to know WHY this is not a good deal.

A call/shot/stop away from possibly winning the finals? I must have missed that. I could have sworn I saw the Mavs choke away four games in a row after game two.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:49 AM   #81
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

Sure you did. I didn't say they didn't choke, as they did. But if Wade doesn't go to the line in the final seconds of Game 5 (not saying it wasn't a foul), if for some reason the refs swallow their whistles (ditto), it's 3-2 Mavs with 2 at home to try to clinch. Or if Dirk or Howard made their free throws that game.........Or if Dirk hit the free throw in Game 3 to send it to OT.

So many ways the Mavs could've won in the final seconds of games but didn't. Some by fractions of an inch. Even one or two of those fractions go the Mavs way and they could've been champs.

Given that, I don't see TERRY needing to be replaced, especially since he was the Mavs best player sans Game 6.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:03 AM   #82
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
Sure you did. I didn't say they didn't choke, as they did. But if Wade doesn't go to the line in the final seconds of Game 5 (not saying it wasn't a foul), if for some reason the refs swallow their whistles (ditto), it's 3-2 Mavs with 2 at home to try to clinch. Or if Dirk or Howard made their free throws that game.........Or if Dirk hit the free throw in Game 3 to send it to OT.

So many ways the Mavs could've won in the final seconds of games but didn't. Some by fractions of an inch. Even one or two of those fractions go the Mavs way and they could've been champs.

Given that, I don't see TERRY needing to be replaced, especially since he was the Mavs best player sans Game 6.
Stop crying. Miami could've easily swept the Mavericks had they not blown the 1st quarter lead in game 1. Things you mentioned didn't happen, and the Mavericks lost. Swallow it like a man.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:08 AM   #83
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

Hey i feel you man, I wanted Dallas to win but they got beat by...maybe not the better team, but the best player. I don't even feel like the refs screwed them. I'm the last person that'd be considered "crying".
Old 07-02-2006, 01:15 AM   #84
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

Quote:
Stop crying. Miami could've easily swept the Mavericks had they not blown the 1st quarter lead in game 1. Things you mentioned didn't happen, and the Mavericks lost. Swallow it like a man.

How the hell is he crying? He's saying all that to make a point that the Mavs were close with Terry running the show. He wasn't saying that the Mavs should've won, but that they could've won. Are Heat fans so eager to verbally abuse anyone who brings up the Mavs that they can't even notice when someone makes a valid point? His point is Jason Terry is valuable, not that the Mavs were screwed. He's not even a Mavs fan.

What the hell, maybe you just read him wrong. We'll chalk that up to Human Error I guess....:rollingeyes:
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:17 AM   #85
Pointguard01
I airball my layups

Pointguard01 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Anyone who thinks that this is a good deal for the Mavs is a tard. Jason Terry isn't worth that, and there are numerous other guys that could be put into his place for far less and produce the same.

However, if they feel that he is absolutely vital in terms of chemistry, you can understand why they did it. I disagree that he is, but eh...

Tony Parker got 6 years, 66 million
Steve Nash got 6 years, 66 million
Gilbert Arenas got 6 years, 62 million
Mike Bibby got 7 years, 82 million

But ok...
Pointguard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:40 AM   #86
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

ACCballa's post brought crying tears of joy.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #87
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

The contract is too big and too long.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #88
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

dgilbert has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon

I think your way off, terry is a heck of a player, I earned a whole new respect for the guys game in the playoffs, he hit some clutch shots, and to tell you the truth in my opinion he gave the mavs a discount, he could've gotten more on the open market, he definitly could have gotten a deal averaging close to 10 mil a year, just look at some of the deals that are going to get signed in the next two weeks
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #89
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

hes making 7 million dollars. anyone should be happy with that
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #90
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

2 of miami wins could have gone either way. So dg is right. Thr nba finals wasnt actually Miami owning 4gms in a row. What series was everyone else watching? We ddint catch amnesia that fast. Terry is an important piece to that team. You're not gonna get Terry cheaper or for a shorter period of time.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: