Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #46
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Joe Montana or Tom Brady? Who ya got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainst
it's Tom Brady and it's not even close. 6 superbowls, 4 wins, 3 superbowl MVPs. Led the team on the greatest comeback in Superbowl history with 2 TDs in the 4th quarter alone.

GOAT

this .. and against an all time great defense no less .. on the biggest stage .. doesn't get any better than that .. he's right up there with montana now imo
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #47
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

Lmfao

Get real people

Yall making Tom Brady look bad
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:36 PM   #48
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
And Russell Wilson almost won back to back titles with a bunch of scrub wide receivers, so what?

yeah and all time defense .. forgot that little snippet dipshit ? seattle gets nowhere near the sb without the defense last or this year .. and almost means as much as the shit that comes outta my ahole
Old 02-01-2015, 11:44 PM   #49
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

Montana is a joke compared to Brady. Brady just cemented his spot as the #1 QB ever.
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #50
dazzer87
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
His teams were still stacked, dude played during the no salary cap era
This. End of thread......
dazzer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #51
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010splash
Montana is a joke compared to Brady. Brady just cemented his spot as the #1 QB ever.

lol lets not go full retard either now
Old 02-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #52
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
yeah and all time defense .. forgot that little snippet dipshit ? seattle gets nowhere near the sb without the defense last or this year .. and almost means as much as the shit that comes outta my ahole

And Brady doesn't win the Superbowl without a defensive play. My point is that only a simpleton counts Superbowl appearances and/or victories as the only way to judge a player.

Brady winning a 4th title doesn't miraculously make him a better QB than Montana. I watched the entire career of both QB's, and Montana was simply better.

It's like Kobe homers who think if Kobe were to somehow win a 6th title, it would automatically make him equal or better than Michael Jordan. The truth is, regardless of accolades, MJ was just better... and anyone who actually watched both players would tell you that.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:48 PM   #53
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

God damn1t you guys are so stupid.

Be real.

Tom Brady is great, so is Montana. It's a matter of opinion who is the GOAT

Yall honestly appear mentally handicapped when u say sh1t like "brady>Montana and it's not even close"

Kill yourselves

Tom is GREAT, much respect
Old 02-01-2015, 11:49 PM   #54
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
And Brady doesn't win the Superbowl without a defensive play. My point is that only a simpleton counts Superbowl appearances and/or victories as the only way to judge a player.

Brady winning a 4th title doesn't miraculously make him a better QB than Montana. I watched the entire career of both QB's, and Montana was simply better.

It's like Kobe homers who think if Kobe were to somehow win a 6th title, it would automatically make him equal or better than Michael Jordan. The truth is, regardless of accolades, MJ was just better... and anyone who actually watched both players would tell you that.

man but brady's gotten up there now with his accomplishments .. he does have sb losses but the things he's done in the sb .. legendary and all time stuff .. and now 4 titles of his own .. and he has more sb tds than montana now .. if he's not above him, he's very damn close .. sittin' right near him
Old 02-01-2015, 11:52 PM   #55
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

Quote:

Brady was 2 fluky bullsh*t plays by a mediocre Giants team from being 6/6. Brady plays in a much more difficult, faster, athletic era than Montana. Brady just shredded a GOAT level defense.

Montana got NOTHING on Brady. Shiet, in 10 years, Luck and Rodgers will pass Montana all-time.
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:53 PM   #56
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:

And if it wasn't that that 10 point comeback the defense wouldn't even be in the position to win

oh please
CelticBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:55 PM   #57
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

Tom Brady is one of the GOAT

Great performance from him and the Pats tonight

His career ain't over either....

Much reapect
Old 02-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #58
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
And if it wasn't that that 10 point comeback the defense wouldn't even be in the position to win

oh please

Brady is one of the greatest QB's of all-time... but that's not the question being asked. The question was Joe or Tom, and as someone who watched both guys play, the answer for me is easy.

I wonder how many people in this thread even watched Joe Montana play.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:01 AM   #59
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:
Brady is one of the greatest QB's of all-time... but that's not the question being asked. The question was Joe or Tom, and as someone who watched both guys play, the answer for me is easy.

I wonder how many people in this thread even watched Joe Montana play.
And most people who watched wilt/big o play and jordan will pick the former

CelticBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:52 AM   #60
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Last thing to add, is that I don't actually mind if people think Brady is the GOAT. To me, it's like arguing MJ vs. Kareem vs. Wilt vs. Russell vs. Magic etc. All guys are legends that have arguments for being the greatest.

Brady certainly has a case for GOAT, but if you're asking me, I'm taking Montana without hesitation. Joe might be the most clutch performer in the history of sports. He's in the conversation with guys like MJ, Tiger, Federer, etc. as far as clutch gene goes.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: