Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation
Default For THIS season, should Bosh be ranked higher than LeBron?

Bosh:

22.8 pts, 10.7 reb, 2.5 ast, .55 stl, 1.31 blk, 50% FG, 77.7 FT%, 33.3 3P%, 38.2 min.

Record: 44-33

James:

27.6 pts, 6.8 reb, 6.0 ast, 1.63 stl, .73 blk, 47.6 FG%, 70.1 FT%, 32.1 3P%, 41.2 min.

Record: 46-32

With the universal consideration that bigs are more valuable than smalls, what do YOU think?

Last edited by eliteballer : 04-08-2007 at 09:19 PM.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: For THIS season, should Bosh be ranked higher than LeBron?

I would expect the percentages (except FT) to be higher fro Bosh because he is a big and takes higher percentage shots. Lebron handles the ballhandling load for the Cavs and takes more contested, tougher shots than Bosh. Rebounding is obviously going to be higher for Bosh because he is a big and to simply put Bosh>>Lebron is idiotic. Lebron isnt exactly a "small" either he is still a forward who can make an impact on the boards and on D when he choses to.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I would expect the percentages (except FT) to be higher fro Bosh because he is a big and takes higher percentage shots. Lebron handles the ballhandling load for the Cavs and takes more contested, tougher shots than Bosh. Rebounding is obviously going to be higher for Bosh because he is a big and to simply put Bosh>>Lebron is idiotic. Lebron isnt exactly a "small" either he is still a forward who can make an impact on the boards and on D when he choses to.
Yeah, I remember Bosh was over 80% ft's last year. I don't know what happened.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Considering what most people use to judge a player it seems an odd time to ask this. Bron has better numbers(by eff) and a better record. And its not like Bosh is some amazingly dominant post scoring bigman. He isnt more effective even being a bigman.

Last edited by Kblaze8855 : 04-08-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #5
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far

Bosh has better teammates than Lebron, by a significant margin in my opinion. And his teammates are a better fit than Bron's. So the fact that the Cavs have a better record suggests that Lebron is the difference, and he's thus the better player.

IMO, Bosh isn't (and likely won't ever be) an elite player. Lebron is. Cleveland's offense is Lebron. He is becoming the epitome of a point forward.

And I question the extent to which big are always better than smalls. Compare Elton Brand and Paul Pierce. Good, All Star type player with good stats. Neither of these guys is a superstar, though. Now, Pierce has taken the Celtics to the playoffs a number of times, and even to the ECF. And the best player Pierce has ever played with is "Because there are no 4's" Walker. Brand on the other hand has made the playoffs once (though I admit he's spent much of his career in the tougher Western Conference), and he's probably had significantly better teams, IMO.

What I'm getting at with this comparison is that a big isn't necessarily better than a small, even if they're on the same level (though, on topic, I think Lebron is an elite player and Bosh is not). A big is more valuable if he can anchor both the offense and defense. Shaq and Duncan can anchor the defense and be a dominant post presence on offense. Bosh is not the shotblocker that the traditional dominant big is, so he doesn't have that value.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Considering what ,most people use to judge player it seems an odd time to ask this. Bron has better numbers(by eff) and a better record. And its not like Bosh is some amazingly dominant post scoring bigman. He isnt more effective even being a bigman.

That is true i didnt even look at the stats that closely at first but Bosh is only shooting 50% from the field which is a little dissapointing for a bigman. I would expect him to shoot 55-60 percent not only 3% better than Lebron.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #7
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I think the Cavs are very poorly put together around LeBron. The Hughes signing set that franchise back a few years. They don't have many shooters to space the floor, they don't have an average pg, no real defensive presence inside. No real perimeter defensive guys besides Snow who shouldn't be playing much anyway.

Bosh' team suits his strengths and weaknesses almost perfect. A realiable PG duo, many shooters to space the floor, etc.

I think LeBron is above Bosh this season, however Bosh deserves a lot of credit for the Raptors turn-around this season.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #8
fatlever
Banned

fatlever has an OK reputation so far

....joke thread.
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #9
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Two words (possibly three)...

TJ Ford
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #10
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Bigs tend to be more important than smalls, but in this case it isn't true. Bosh doesn't exactly dominate the low post, and while he's a good rebounder...somebody on the team has to get them.

Bosh is an really really good player and with the right team around him could win a title someday, but I don't think he's going to be THE man on that team. I don't see greatness in him
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #11
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

I think Bosh has a pretty good supporting cast around him. I still give Lebron the better season overall. But since Toronto has improved so much over last year there is no big problem with him getting as much or more credit than James.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #12
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Bosh has greatness written all over him. I don't know where you're coming up with that kind of statement.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #13
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Bosh has greatness written all over him. I don't know where you're coming up with that kind of statement.

Bosh is in, what, his 4th year? Most great players are producing at an elite level by that point. Even those that come out early.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #14
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Bosh is in, what, his 4th year? Most great players are producing at an elite level by that point. Even those that come out early.

He's averaging 23 and 11 on an overachieving team...
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

:rollingeyes:

Even non-Raptors fans starting this garbage.

Ugh.

No! Lebron > Bosh still!
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: