Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #16
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star
 
Lakerz_Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the A
Posts: 772
Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I got this from someone who got this from another Islamic Forum.

1.The dark of night will not be deemed necessary for the commitment of sins.
2.Extravagant mansions will be constructed.
3.Singers will be considered respectable.
4.War shall be prevalent .
5.Gambling will be prevalent.

6.People will fear living in their own houses.
7.Dajjal shall come and shall have one eye
8.Land shall be turned into deserts
9.Earthquakes and Volcano's and other natural disasters shall be common.
10.Good deeds will be few and far between.

11.False guides will mislead the multitudes.
12.Posts will be many, but practical teachers a few.
13.Mosques will be decorated profusely but urge towards adoration will be absent.
14.The rate of accidental deaths will be on the rise.
15.The rich will become godless and the devout will become sinful.

16.Leaders of opinion will be corrupt and overbearing.
17.False witnesses will be accepted and true ones rejected
18.The Quran will be considered as an old ancient book
19.A person spending money on sinful purposes will not be criticised.
20.People will thrust their personal opinions in the religion.

21.Usury (Interest) will be considered lawful.
22.The virtuous will be despised for their faith in God.
23.Human beings will be followers of selfish desires.
24.Pride will be taken for oppressive tendencies.
25.Good people will observe silence due to fear of wicked persons foul speech.

26.Tale bearing and backbiting will be considered as good and will be prevalent.
27.A wealthy person will command more respect then a pious person.
28.Children will curse their parents and will pray for their early death.
29.Payments will be taken for rendering religious services in Mosques.
30.There will be two eclipses in the Month of Ramadhan.

31.Recitaton of the Holy Quran will be considered as a burden
32.Homosexuality will be prevalent
33.The land will crumble and sink thrice in the East, the west and Arabian peninsula.


john, you just have to wait, you'll be normal soon enough.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #17
Fatal9
owwwww
 
Fatal9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,573
Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

Religion...what an objective way to predict the end of the world
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:54 PM   #18
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,905
baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I got this from someone who got this from another Islamic Forum.

1.The dark of night will not be deemed necessary for the commitment of sins.
2.Extravagant mansions will be constructed.
3.Singers will be considered respectable.
4.War shall be prevalent .
5.Gambling will be prevalent.

6.People will fear living in their own houses.
7.Dajjal shall come and shall have one eye
8.Land shall be turned into deserts
9.Earthquakes and Volcano's and other natural disasters shall be common.
10.Good deeds will be few and far between.

11.False guides will mislead the multitudes.
12.Posts will be many, but practical teachers a few.
13.Mosques will be decorated profusely but urge towards adoration will be absent.
14.The rate of accidental deaths will be on the rise.
15.The rich will become godless and the devout will become sinful.

16.Leaders of opinion will be corrupt and overbearing.
17.False witnesses will be accepted and true ones rejected
18.The Quran will be considered as an old ancient book
19.A person spending money on sinful purposes will not be criticised.
20.People will thrust their personal opinions in the religion.

21.Usury (Interest) will be considered lawful.
22.The virtuous will be despised for their faith in God.
23.Human beings will be followers of selfish desires.
24.Pride will be taken for oppressive tendencies.
25.Good people will observe silence due to fear of wicked persons foul speech.

26.Tale bearing and backbiting will be considered as good and will be prevalent.
27.A wealthy person will command more respect then a pious person.
28.Children will curse their parents and will pray for their early death.
29.Payments will be taken for rendering religious services in Mosques.
30.There will be two eclipses in the Month of Ramadhan.

31.Recitaton of the Holy Quran will be considered as a burden
32.Homosexuality will be prevalent
33.The land will crumble and sink thrice in the East, the west and Arabian peninsula.
lol yeah right!! all of these are happening now!
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:00 PM   #19
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,393
knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

alot of ancient records show that the world is ending in the year 2012? Coming near. Alot of those stuff are happening
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #20
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Yor they hate what America represents to them: tyrannical power, greed, malice, and ignorance.


And then there is the fact that we treat women as equals, don't execute our homosexuals and don't enjoy a good ole' fashioned stoning when a person decides to have pre-marital sex or they have sex with someone other than their spouse. I mean if the USA allows these these things to take place in their country, the sh*t might spread!
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #21
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 6,853
bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
And then there is the fact that we treat women as equals, don't execute our homosexuals and don't enjoy a good ole' fashioned stoning when a person decides to have pre-marital sex or they have sex with someone other than their spouse. I mean if the USA allows these these things to take place in their country, the sh*t might spread!
The fact of the matter is, men and women aren't equals. Neither is superior; however, both are different. A lot of womanist in this country would argue that they aren't treated equal.

Most religions have separate rules for women and men however overtime the religions have been changed to be more "suitable" for the age. For example, in ancient Christianity women wore veils because it represented a women's privacy and honor. If you don't believe me, look at any picture/statue of Mary.

As far as I know, (Catholic) Christianity also outlaws homosexual activity.

And the consequences of pre-marital sex are a lot bigger than the rewards.

Last edited by bigboi_baller : 04-09-2007 at 09:54 PM.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #22
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

dp

Last edited by Cavs Fan : 04-09-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #23
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

tp

Last edited by Cavs Fan : 04-09-2007 at 10:52 PM.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #24
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
The fact of the matter is, men and women aren't equals.

.....



Quote:
As far as I know, (Catholic) Christianity also outlaws homosexual activity.

Gay Marriage? Most are against.
Considered immoral? By some
Outlawed? No
Worthy of execution?



Quote:
And the consequences of pre-marital sex are a lot bigger than the rewards.

Getting stoned to death is a "consequence of pre-marital sex"? Damn I'd be walking around with Kevlar and a cup 24/7.
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #25
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,905
baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

there is no way the world is ending 2012
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #26
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
there is no way the world is ending 2012

Of course it isn't. I'm muslim, and no where does it directly state that ''the world will end in 2012''.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #27
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 6,853
bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
Gay Marriage? Most are against.
The Catholic Church, and most christian churches, are against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs Fan
Considered immoral? By some
Acting on homosexual feelings is a sin according to the Catholic church.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:57 AM   #28
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,179
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

There's this website by this Islamic Turkish scholar guy.. It lists all the signs from the Bible/Qur'an.

(I found it: http://www.harunyahya.com)

Btw, many people never consider WHY Osama bin Laden receives so much support. Do you really believe that everyone that supports him wants Islam to dominate the world? No. They're pissed off at America for our support of Israel's illegal occupation of Palestinian land.

Kind of like how we supported the Northern Alliance during the Afghan war, even though they weren't exactly the nicest people either. Btw if I recall, Osama bin Laden's popularity is on a downward trend.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:59 AM   #29
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
There's this website by this Islamic Turkish scholar guy.. It lists all the signs from the Bible/Qur'an.

(I found it: http://www.harunyahya.com)

Btw, many people never consider WHY Osama bin Laden receives so much support. Do you really believe that everyone that supports him wants Islam to dominate the world? No. They're pissed off at America for our support of Israel's illegal occupation of Palestinian land.

Exactly, thank you! btw, i don't support Osama at all, and never have.

I'm actually more pissed off that Australia (where I live) or our prime minister anyway has elected to follow Bush into any war Bush gets into, because we apparently still owe America for saving Australia in World War 2.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:04 AM   #30
final.wrath
Banned
 
final.wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,733
final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Re: Who Is Muslim Here

if your a black american Muslim... I don't really consider your religion to be the same as the Islam over there.

First off most american muslims don't even speak let alone read arabic. You have to be able to read Arabic to read the true Kuran. I know there are English versions but its not the same thing. As person with some linguistic experience I'd say at least a third of the nuances and meanings are lost in translation with any language.

Another big difference is the environment. In the middle east and even now in Indonesia and other Muslim parts of the world Islamic leaders wield a lot of political power. The Sheiks and Imams hold as much authority as the government. We don't have any Sheiks or Imams over here, do we? We don't have any Sharia police running around making sure that all the women are nice and snug in their beekeeper uniforms do we?

And lastly... the culture in America, obviously, is much different than over there. Our people are generally more educated and have a higher standard of living.

Besides... black islam in america is what... 40 or 50 years old? And I mean its basically a protest religion to me. Throwing away the "white" Christianity and moving to Islam. During the racial tension in the 60's guys like Malcom X popped up and became popular mostly because of their racial politics... not their religious views. Without the civil rights movement (thats probably the wrong term here... MLK was a civil rights activist... but Malcom wasnt) we probably wouldn't even have Islam amoung african americans.

I try not to judge anyone by what they believe. Especially if it gives them hope and happiness. So this is strictly a personal oppinion, but i think believing in magical prophets like Jesus and Mohammed is not very intelligent. Whats the difference between that and beleiving in Zeus or all of the ancient gods our ancestors beleived in? What makes your God the right one? The fact that your parents think so? Did you even choose to be a muslim? Did your parents give you the chance to make your own decision? I doubt it. Because thats not how religions work. Your parents and culture tell you what to beleive and 9/10 you follow that. Especially if your Muslim, because leaving that religion is pretty impossible in most parts of the world.

In the end Christianity, Islam, Judaeism and whatever will fade away just like the old pagan religions have. Remembered only in history books or more likely stored in some virtual memory bank somewhere. Good riddance I say. It's high time we use our powers of observation to approach the great mysteries instead of telling eachother stories.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:01 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy