Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-10-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default The most hilarious thing about this meaningless game called the All Star Game

The minutes are never spread out evenly to give some of the guys you fought for much time anyway. I laugh at that. This game has no meaning whatsoever. And to go further it has no set criteria. Think about it, Korver is more of an All Star than Brandon Knight? No. Is Bosh more of an All Star than Vucevic? No. But their teams won more games therefore that has something to do with being an All Star which I thought was an individual accomplishment, not team.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:57 PM   #2
navy
Curry fam

Default Re: The most hilarious thing about this meaningless game called the All Star Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The minutes are never spread out evenly to give some of the guys you fought for much time anyway. I laugh at that. This game has no meaning whatsoever. And to go further it has no set criteria. Think about it, Korver is more of an All Star than Brandon Knight? No. Is Bosh more of an All Star than Vucevic? No. But their teams won more games therefore that has something to do with being an All Star which I thought was an individual accomplishment, not team.

Starting the All star game was the difference in Kyrie Irving getting his actual max contract and not, so I wouldnt say the game has no meaning.
navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Default Re: The most hilarious thing about this meaningless game called the All Star Game

It was worse back in the day. Just checked the 1971 game, amd a total of five players played 7 minutes or less. How do you play someone 2 minutes in an all star game?
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #4
Eric Cartman
Banned

Would you like some fries with that salt?
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:03 PM   #5
Budadiiii
"The One"

It's a popularity contest and a game for casual fans.

I still enjoy it though. I look forward to the dunks and the 4th quarter is usually fun as hell when it's competitive. I still remember in 2012 when LeBron was scared to take the game winner. He was feeling pressure in a freaking all-star game. Kobe got on his ass and Durant won MVP.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:06 PM   #6
SouBeachTalents
LeBron > Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
It's a popularity contest and a game for casual fans.

I still enjoy it though. I look forward to the dunks and the 4th quarter is usually fun as hell when it's competitive. I still remember in 2012 when LeBron was scared to take the game winner. He was feeling pressure in a freaking all-star game. Kobe got on his ass and Durant won MVP.

I guess that pressure was gone by the 2012 Finals then
SouBeachTalents is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:09 PM   #7
coin24
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents

Refs
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:14 PM   #8
Budadiiii
"The One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
2012 Thunder were completely outmatched. Harden shit the bed. Perkins was getting big minutes. The refs clearly favored Heat. It's amazing those games were even competitive considering the circumstances.

Still can't believe Durant averaged 31 points on 55% shooting at age 23. Absolutely insane. LeBron at age 22 averaged 22 points on 35% and got swept by the Spurs.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #9
ShawkFactory
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
2012 Thunder were completely outmatched. Harden shit the bed. Perkins was getting big minutes. The refs clearly favored Heat. It's amazing those games were even competitive considering the circumstances.

Still can't believe Durant averaged 31 points on 55% shooting at age 23. Absolutely insane. LeBron at age 22 averaged 22 points on 35% and got swept by the Spurs.
Come on now. We both know Durant was not nearly as effective as his scoring numbers would indicate.

That an there were other people on the team to take pressure off of him. Bron didn't have that luxury.
ShawkFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:23 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

You homos turn this into bron/durant in 2012. Who gives a f*ck? Go do the dishes.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:27 PM   #11
Budadiiii
"The One"

Quote:
You homos turn this into bron/durant in 2012. Who gives a f*ck? Go do the dishes.
What else could it possibly turn into? You made a thread about how meaningless you think the All-Star game is. You make a tired thread and a tired argument ensues. Blame yourself.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:31 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
What else could it possibly turn into? You made a thread about how meaningless you think the All-Star game is. You make a tired thread and a tired argument ensues. Blame yourself.

Blame idiots like yourself who cant help themselves no matter what thread it is to mention Bron. Get off his nuts you flaming f*ggot. This is how pathetic you are. You mentioned Bron afraid to take a GW shot and felt pressure in an AS game. I can tell you're a bore on dates, probably spend most of the time face buried in your phone refreshing ISH to see who replied to you so you can counter. Pay attention to your date nitwit
Old 02-10-2015, 10:31 PM   #13
You Cant Ban Me
Banned

budadiii vs gobb now this should be good

You Cant Ban Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #14
Budadiiii
"The One"

Quote:
Blame idiots like yourself who cant help themselves no matter what thread it is to mention Bron. Get off his nuts you flaming f*ggot. This is how pathetic you are. You mentioned Bron afraid to take a GW shot and felt pressure in an AS game. I can tell you're a bore on dates, probably spend most of the time face buried in your phone refreshing ISH to see who replied to you so you can counter. Pay attention to your date nitwit
Your thread would've gone nowhere without me. And the rest of your post is just irony dude. You've lived on this site for over a decade. Some 50 year old mailman with 60,000 posts calling me a bore. lol.... can't even make this shit up
Old 02-10-2015, 10:44 PM   #15
You Cant Ban Me
Banned

Quote:
Your thread would've gone nowhere without me. And the rest of your post is just irony dude. You've lived on this site for over a decade. Some 50 year old mailman with 60,000 posts calling me a bore. lol.... can't even make this shit up
You Cant Ban Me is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: