Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far
Default Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

I tend to agree. how about you?
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

never heard of reverse racism. I think its just all racism in my opinion.

But if it is different please explain
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Reverse rascism? Rascism = rascism.

Anyway, me thinks you need to post a quote.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
God of BasketBall
Banned

God of BasketBall has not been impressing people

No quote? No article?
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #5
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Reverse rascism? Rascism = rascism.

Anyway, me thinks you need to post a quote.

it was from that blog on espn a few days ago from a playboy interview.
Interviewer asks "what do you think of people saying you won MVP over shaq, lebron, kobe because of the color of your skin?"
Nash replies:"I think if anything reverse racism occurs in the nba."
Old 04-09-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
jasonterry
Banned

Here:
PLAYBOY: Were you offended when a few sportswriters said you had won your MVP awards over Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James because you're white?

NASH: They talked about racism. I said there might be reverse racism going on.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
Here:
PLAYBOY: Were you offended when a few sportswriters said you had won your MVP awards over Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James because you're white?

NASH: They talked about racism. I said there might be reverse racism going on.

Nope, only racism. Racism by the media that loves this cute little story and makes a undeserving white boy the MVP, and I still don't think he's a hall of famer.

And the racism that makes Stern pretend to be God, and put the ****** in their place. I hope he gets assasinated
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #8
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Nope, only racism. Racism by the media that loves this cute little story and makes a undeserving white boy the MVP, and I still don't think he's a hall of famer.

And the racism that makes Stern pretend to be God, and put the ****** in their place. I hope he gets assasinated

white boy? He singlehandedly makes everyone on that team better. if you put any other point guard on that team i wouldn't be afraid of the Suns at all. As it stands, i PRAY dallas plays the spurs and not the suns in the WCF, because i know nash will put his usual 30 and 15 on dallas every single game
Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputation

Pete Maravich and John Stockton are way better than Steve NASH
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #10
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
Pete Maravich and John Stockton are way better than Steve NASH

But they aren't currently playing, so how about you shut up and try again.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #11
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
white boy? He singlehandedly makes everyone on that team better. if you put any other point guard on that team i wouldn't be afraid of the Suns at all. As it stands, i PRAY dallas plays the spurs and not the suns in the WCF, because i know nash will put his usual 30 and 15 on dallas every single game

Well you'd be a fool not to be affraid of other pgs on that team. All he does is go one on one or get open because of the pick and roll with Amare or Marion and just dish to the most gifted group of shooters in the league.

That mixed with D'antoni's offense. If some other pgs can't penetrate with the team with the best floor spacing Ive ever seen due to all their shooters, or take advantage of that along with the Amare pick and roll where if he gets the ball he's going to finish or draw 2 people and leave Nash open. Well then the pgs in the NBA are just garbage.

TJ Ford would have this team win 50+ games. Jason Kidd would already have a ring
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:19 PM   #12
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputationBaller1986 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
But they aren't currently playing, so how about you shut up and try again.

STEVE NASH will always be remembered as a person who does not deserve to be a 2 time MVP.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:20 PM   #13
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Well you'd be a fool not to be affraid of other pgs on that team. All he does is go one on one or get open because of the pick and roll with Amare or Marion and just dish to the most gifted group of shooters in the league.

That mixed with D'antoni's offense. If some other pgs can't penetrate with the team with the best floor spacing Ive ever seen due to all their shooters, or take advantage of that along with the Amare pick and roll where if he gets the ball he's going to finish or draw 2 people and leave Nash open. Well then the pgs in the NBA are just garbage.

TJ Ford would have this team win 50+ games. Jason Kidd would already have a ring

haha man. even last year without amare, Nash singlehandedly destroyed Dallas. Just give the man his due. If he stayed in dallas they could have won a ring by now. Remember in 02-03 they could have beat the Spurs in the WCF had dirk not gone down in game 3. I used to think like you, but i've realized just how good Nash is. He sees things no one else can, except Kidd, but unlike kidd, he can shoot from anywhere on the floor.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #14
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

if reverse racism occurs in basketball, i'd say it occurs at a much younger age group when kids are being taught the game. i'm not even saying it takes place just that it may be true that some white children see basketball as a game they aren't able to compete in because it is largely dominated by black players at the highest level. i hear that something like that is taking place in youth baseball (was in the paper this morning actually), where black children aren't interested in playing because it's not seen as a black man's sport. don't know if that's the case, even that, in regards to white kids in basketball, sounds suspect to me. talent rises to the top, and basketball is a sport like soccer where you need very little specialized gear and anyone can play.

anyway, the top candidates for the nba mvp are, again, dirk and nash. don't get much whiter than that!
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #15
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
STEVE NASH will always be remembered as a person who does not deserve to be a 2 time MVP.

But he has them, there is nothing anyone can do about it. Whether he deserves them or not, he still has them.

I bet he will be remembered more as a 2 time MVP rather a 2 time "non-deserving" MVP.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: