Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #16
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation hereBaller1986 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
But he has them, there is nothing anyone can do about it. Whether he deserves them or not, he still has them.

I bet he will be remembered more as a 2 time MVP rather a 2 time "non-deserving" MVP.

In the mind and the heart of the NBA fans he does not deserve to be an MVP. He is not the best player in his team nor he make his teammates better hire any PG in the NBA and they can even take this team to the play offs. IT is Mike D' Antoni's Sytem which make it better and his teammates are perennial ALL STAR.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #17
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
In the mind and the heart of the NBA fans he does not deserve to be an MVP. He is not the best player in his team nor he make his teammates better hire any PG in the NBA and they can even take this team to the play offs. IT is Mike D' Antoni's Sytem which make it better and his teammates are perennial ALL STAR.

He is the best player on the Suns. If they will it all this year you'll see
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #18
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
In the mind and the heart of the NBA fans he does not deserve to be an MVP.

Well, nice to see that your mind-reading abilities allow you to figure out what NBA fans think.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #19
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I think he deserved his MVP's.

You people act as if he didn't do anything on that team and it's extremely easy to get easy shots for his teammates. I understand the system is great, but you need a point guard like Nash who has great scoring ability and awesome playmaking ability to make it happen. The only other point guard that comes to mind is Jason Kidd, but offensively he wouldn't be able to produce like Nash, but other than that, no other point guard could do what he is doing in Phoenix.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #20
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
He is the best player on the Suns. If they will it all this year you'll see

I can't believe you are defending someone other than dirk.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #21
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

I agree with him.

I'm a reverse racist, I immediately assume any white player isn't going to be much good.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #22
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
haha man. even last year without amare, Nash singlehandedly destroyed Dallas..
ummmm... what the hell are you talking about??? he had a solid series but his team lost and he wasnt that great. he damn sure didnt "destroy" dallas let alone do it single-handedly.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #23
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
I can't believe you are defending someone other than dirk.

There's way bigger dirk fans on this forum than me. I come here for intelligent discussion. even though that rarely occurs here, it at least kills time for me
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #24
KobeLookLike2Pac
Kids at the park dunk on me

KobeLookLike2Pac has an OK reputation so far

You are probably always going to get a little racism towards guys who plays at an elite level in a sport that is dominated by another race. Tiger had to go through it too, to a larger extent and even that was nothing compared to black baseball players trying to break into the "white" leagues. Doesn't make it right though. No matter what anybody says, Dirk and Nash do get ripped on a lot IMO, with their race being the primary motivator in some cases. Hell I think even some white people are "racist" towards them.
KobeLookLike2Pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #25
God of BasketBall
Banned

God of BasketBall has not been impressing people

Link? Article? Can someone give it to me so i can read the entire thing. Dont wanna take anything out of context. Thanks
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #26
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP

mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
white boy? He singlehandedly makes everyone on that team better. if you put any other point guard on that team i wouldn't be afraid of the Suns at all. As it stands, i PRAY dallas plays the spurs and not the suns in the WCF, because i know nash will put his usual 30 and 15 on dallas every single game
he is white.

and reverse-racism is one of the dumbest terms around
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:24 PM   #27
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Somebody ought to ask Steve Nash what the crap "reverse racism" is supposed to mean.

Discrimination against white players due to their skin color is still what we call racism.

Just because it's not a white guy discriminating against a black guy it's not racism?

If black-on-white is "reverse racism," what's hispanic-on-asian discrimination?

"Sideways racism?"

"Diagonal racism?"
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #28
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Just wanna say on nash, that people keep using his team mates against him but its not like other MVPs didn't have stellas team mates. Besides we've seen over and over that the minute nash goes down the entire team flounders. Its not like they are lacking competent ball handlers.
Nash brings more to the table than being a guy who can penetrate and pass. He's got court vision and leadership that helps the suns team tick. Now I don't think he's winning a ring with that team but since MVP is a reg season award anyway that shouldn't matter.

edit:as far as reverse racism goes...whatever dude you got 2 MVPs and people are jealous, just let it go.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #29
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I'm sure that's all because of Barbosa and Banks. :)
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #30
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy

I'm sure that's all because of Barbosa and Banks. :)

naw thats because of piss poor laker defense :p
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: